It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Peru. The Enigma...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Blue Shift

soficrow
Re: head-binding - who/what is being copied/emulated, why do it?

I'm really not convinced anything is being emulated. Human beings have a proclivity for modifying their bodies all kinds of funky ways, just for the hell of it. The easiest way to do it is by growing hair or shaving. Then comes tattoos. People all over the world love tattoos. Then you get into the other things like piercing, scarification, head or foot binding, or stretching out whatever skin can be stretched into various shapes. What kind of alien is this person trying to emulate?

I would be interested to hear someone with a sociological anthropology background chime in on this.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Blue Shift

soficrow
Re: head-binding - who/what is being copied/emulated, why do it?

I'm really not convinced anything is being emulated. Human beings have a proclivity for modifying their bodies all kinds of funky ways, just for the hell of it. The easiest way to do it is by growing hair or shaving. Then comes tattoos. People all over the world love tattoos. Then you get into the other things like piercing, scarification, head or foot binding, or stretching out whatever skin can be stretched into various shapes. What kind of alien is this person trying to emulate?

Now you definitely found the root of the advanced technology !

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ollie769

Yep she is an Aussie for sure

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I mentioned the disc in lip thing before.

Body parts may feel responsible for an activity in the minds potential to reach somewhere. Often than not, this is kin to the affirmation of the senses and their relation to the desired consciousness experience.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Excellent thread my friend. I have solidified my opinion on this a long time ago. I am in agreement with other ancient astronaut theorists on this topic. They were trying to mimic their "gods"... some also were hybrids.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I didnt get a chance to read over all post yet ,so someone may have already mentioned the Author Trey Smith who gave a cool documentary called God in a Nutshell Project.
What I found especially interesting in the documentary, was his description of how different the skulls had formed from birth. The human skull sort of had a split down the center to allow the groth to grow left to right but the long skull had an added adjacent split to allow the skull to grow toward the back as well.
Unless it was all a big hoax , pretty damn convincing to me.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Great Post! I would like to point out that Peru is also where the famous 6 inch “alien humanoid” mummy aka “Ata” was found. Ata also seems to have had an elongated skull. I know this might take us on a whole different topic but I wonder if maybe ancient Peruvians were engaging in this binding process to look like this creatures.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Orange jello with marshmellows ? Now that is odd.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Ône mans oddness is another mans deliciousness. The are many Scots who think Haggis is quite delicious but I wouldn't bother with it myself. I try to keep organs out of my pudding. Marshmallows on the other hand...

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

SLAYER69
...The Andes also had a larger than normal amount of snow and ice once upon a time. The deal there is lining up when that melted and when 'Man' first settled in the location to have been affected by it.

I have often wondered if the stepped sides on the mountains could indicate the farming practices of a people going through a rapid rise in the mountain elevation of the Andes

That is an interesting postulation.
In such ponderings, have you considered when - or, how far back these modulations might have been "stepping" through the Andes?
Would you think the entire range would have been experiencing such progression/s in relatively-the-same geologic time frame/s?
Enjoyed the rabbit trail!

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

What if our model, was also a victim of skull binding?
Or
What if our victim, was also a model for skull binding ?

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Many thanks for posting the pic. Seems alot of sites have been purged of any trace. Had a discussion with friends in the Maltese Historical comunity and the general theory behind the dissapearances is that the Hypogeum in Malta is mainly associated with Christianity since it was used for Christian Burials long after its original construction and that the Maltese Goverment didnt want any 'bizarre' Traits linked with its 'Holyness'

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Wow, loved this thread! I greatly admire people who don't just bluntly state their vision as fact, but try to start a rational debate about it based on scientific facts. We see too little of that here on ATS (and anywhere else for that matter). This is the type of research that hopefully will one day include the academics into the discussion. Star & Flag for you my friend!

edit on 16/1/14 by Cerdofuego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Interesting thread indeed! Haven't the time just now to watch the videos but have a plan to do so soon.

DNA testing should give some answers. There should be good sample materials in the teeth.
Having been involved in both academic and contract archaeology, I can assure you that I've met the egos. I've helped, on more than one occasion to prick some of those over-inflated egos with a site that shot the snot right out of one of their pronouncements in their textbook. I've seen some stand and stare at the evidence before them and DENY its significance. For all that we're taught to keep an open mind, once we put it on paper and into a book, it becomes hard to change for some folks. I didn't get into the profession to seek fame or fortune, I just wanted some questions answered.
The problem with DNA testing and any other testing is that it must be standardized and is quite expensive. Same with any measurements, all the measurements would need to be done with the same type of instrumentation. Just getting the permissions for all of those skulls would be a nightmare. Believe me....dealing with human remains means reams and reams of paperwork. Soooo, as with a lot of other mysteries on the earth, it takes money...lots of it, to do proper testing.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hi Slayer

a great and provocative post as ever, the questions you raise are valid, alas they have been answered time and again. They tend to get buried amongst the cliches that follow this type of data on human deformation. I will try to answer the various questions/bold statements made through the thread.

Some ask if this was human 'why don't we see it today', well we do. It has many names and many effects mostly linked closely together. The most famous example is probably Michael Berrymanwho played a conehead in the movies Coneheads without a prosthesis. This was because he suffers from a form of Ectodermal Dysplasia I am sure he would not appreciate being dug up and paraded about after death as an alien. There was another name for the disorder that shows even greater similarities.

There is an even more general form called craniosyntosis which likewise is linked to redheads (I believe) and neanderthals. You can understand why it remains a relatively low key disorder. In the past relatives of the neanderthals were running human populations or at least showing them how to do stuff via a tech transfer. Remember neanderthals in the old schools were simply grunters. Worse the prejudice that would befall redheads knowing that the relatively rare disorder could affect offspring. I am sure the ginger nuts would appreciate that

The disorder has some startling side effects most of them displayed in the ancient skulls too. Extra sets of teeth, long skulls, missing teeth, funny hair, skin, flattish noses and other facial changes. In the west these people are generally kept hidden though we see them on the streets here in Asia unfortunately for them.

For those wanting aliens, no this aint alien 'proof', just the usual bunch of charlatans exploiting some poor deformed folk from long ago. Its the exact same thing with the 'star child', there are pics of modern kids with the same deformity, god help the buggers who go up to the mothers of those kids and say its an alien, they deserve what they get. This sort of ''freak'' exploitation should have died out with the victorian side shows, but it seems its alive and kicking in the alternative researchers field. Its not like the researchers are unaware of the truth. Here is a link to a discussion I had with a medical worker who explained all and Brien Foerester Long Skulls and Trepanation discussion

In this thread it was made clear to Brien both the explanation for the long skulls (natural and man adjusted) along with the crude brain surgery that alleviated the swelling and other issues. You probably need to be a nurse or have some basic anatomical knowledge to follow it, but Anna McBain did a great job imo. It is pretty convincing stuff along with the star child explanation. Of course alien hunters and critics of the mainstream will rarely agree. Brien is aware of these facts for sure yet we still have the skuls dropping in to Ancient Aliens, genetic manipulator theories and the like.

As for the science critics, the scientists are not so crass as to pop up pictures of poor deformed kids for this freakfest. There is plenty of scientific data on the subject and it covers all of this tasteless modern day freak show, shame on the advocates IMO.
T

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Maybe our organ sizes are only limited to the vessel they're contained in. Larger framed humans do indeed have larger organs. It would be safe to assume if our liver had more space to grow, we may be able to flush out more toxins at a faster rate. Larger lungs would increase our oxygen intake, proven to produce a larger specimen in laboratory tests. A lot of what determines our sizes outside of environmental factors have to do with our genes and chemical production (or lack of). ALL able to be messed with eventually. They were just trying to tune a computer with a wrench, that is all.

Trepanning

Also known as trephination, trephining or making a burr hole, is a surgical intervention in which a hole is drilled or scraped into the human skull, exposing the dura mater to treat health problems related to intracranial diseases. It may also refer to any "burr" hole created through other body surfaces, including nail beds. It is often used to relieve pressure beneath a surface. A trephine is an instrument used for cutting out a round piece of skull bone.

I wonder if elongating the head somehow achieved the same results? For those of you who think this is new, read the history behind it. You will be surprised.

A first hand account. Very interesting...WARNING (slightly graphic)

I just wake up, and moments later I am ready to go and in good spirits. I have continued to notice an increase in clarity of thoughts, more rapid thought processes in general, and a higher degree of focus. Everything has taken on a new glow of sorts, and I feel great. I have also noticed an increase in sensitivity to somatic sensation of all kinds. I generally feel more alive, more awake, closer to the now.

While generally, the size of ones brain does not gauge their intelligence level, the organ would continue to grow and may start to function differently on some level. Whether or not this would naturally increase intelligence is debatable. A super computer is useless without input. It's input is useless without error checking. It's calculations are useless without affirmation.

Thanks for the nice little package...S+F

edit on 16-1-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Has anyone done a timeline of known 'elongated skulls' and similiar head gear (such as the Egyptians)? I would like to see the linear progression of the idea. Did it start with Egyptian style head gear and progress to head modification of infants or did it begin many melinia back and the Egyptian tried to mimic the style?

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Chronon
Many ancient cultures were captivated with the notion of reaching a higher level of consciousness. Religion, spiritual teachings, yoga, meditation, herbs, and drugs were all used in the pursuit of this supposed state of Nirvana. With the brain being the repository of consciousness, I wonder what it was like to have such an enlarged skull.

Could elongation have been a possible route to the next level of human enlightenment? Is there anyone living with an elongated skull that might be able to describe what the condition is like?

Thats what i was thinking. Maybe assists the penial gland, third eye.
Somebody has done DNA tests, I feel certain of that. The fact that we have not seen the results makes me think somebody is hiding something. Slayer good stuff!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Its interesting to me that skull binding is/was practiced in Australia by the Aborigenes, in Samoa and Taihiti, in Hawaii and in South America. That points to a cross-pacific connection. Its also interesting that in many of these cultures it was associated with higher status, higher intelligence and "connection to the spirit world". To me thats enough information to know that skull binding is meant to emulate the Gods, whoever those Gods were.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone posted this yet...
but Akhenaten (Egyptian Pharoah from the Amarna period) was portrayed with an elongated head.. as you can see in this link
Akhenaten Alien Pharoah

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join