It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Peru. The Enigma...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I will return tomorrow when I have had time to vew the videos.This is a topic that I tread lightly with. However I do have something to add now.Dolichocephalic.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
As a mother, I am baffled at those pics of babies strapped to a board. I understand that infant fatality rates were high in those times, but how could a mother do that unless they had very good reason? That makes it pretty obvious to me that there is a "higher meaning" to this whole elongated skull thing.

I would assume that the baby would spend most of the first year of life strapped to a board. (It takes about 1 year for all of the skull plates to fuse together.) And then they would need "shaping" touchups here and there throughout their childhood. It seems hard to think of a woman breast feeding a child strapped to one of those boards. I would assume they would take them out for that purpose. The baby would be having headaches, wanting to move around as it finds it's arms and legs, probably getting cramps from being strapped down. Ugh.... I can't imagine putting my children through that.

I wonder if it had any effect on motor skills? Loss of muscle? Mental damage?

Thank you Slayer for opening my eyes to the world of elongated skulls. I kinda wish you wouldn't have. Since I'm already here though, I might as well learn something.

edit on 14-1-2014 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

They found this statue and others in Iraq.
They date 5 to 7 thousand years ago.......supposedly they are "lizard people".
They even have one of a mother (with elongated head) breast feeding a baby.
There are so many close links to the ancient Americans and other civilizations. .....just nothing definitive. ......yet.
Quad

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Many ancient cultures were captivated with the notion of reaching a higher level of consciousness. Religion, spiritual teachings, yoga, meditation, herbs, and drugs were all used in the pursuit of this supposed state of Nirvana. With the brain being the repository of consciousness, I wonder what it was like to have such an enlarged skull.

Could elongation have been a possible route to the next level of human enlightenment? Is there anyone living with an elongated skull that might be able to describe what the condition is like?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

SLAYER69

Indigent

Do you trust more a youtube video than a peer reviewed paper?

Every year there are more and more of these skulls being found. Yes, I don't trust them. I have and will look at their data. The problem there is that they have not tested all of them.

edit on 14-1-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Speaking of which, I was most taken with the comments in the second red head video about only having two cranial plates...WTF. Further he adds the possible nerve endings from the upper cranium. I'd love to see that DNA result!

I don't know, more and more it seems everything we are discovering now were things i just understood as self evident as a child. At least until I was "schooled" as a child to think otherwise. I remember the first time as a child seeing pictures of ancient sites and thinking to myself "how beautiful" and as I drove home from school I'd compare it to the many dilapidated houses from school to home.

Its weird to think that if there was one obvious, in your face piece of evidence to appease the skeptics that within moments the taboo is destroyed and everything that would naturally make sense, can make sense again. People would look back at simply think how silly we were.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I think I kind of hinted at the same concept in your prior thread. Was there an isolation in central/south america during the last ice age? Could the people there have developed along their own path? Once the northern areas opened up again, the next wave of settler comes through, finding their cousins, a different hominin from them, but still quite similar?

The glaciers up north would have removed all traces of the prior migrations through to the southern continent. So it is hard to even postulate on it beyond pure conjecture. But man, isn't it fascinating to consider.

ETA: I wonder what the "glacial dam flood" event would have looked like in central and south america?
edit on 1/14/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Excellent post, Slayer. After absorbing all of the facts, there is no way a science-minded person can honestly insist these skulls are all the result of body modification. I'm glad to see this topic get the coverage it deserves.
edit on 14-1-2014 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Is there a catalog of the oral histories of the indigenous peoples that might give a sliver of understanding to this?
edit on 1/14/2014 by Finalized because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Slayer,

Excellent thread and I am really starting to enjoy your work these days.

My reasoning is because you have stepped out of the compartmentalized thinking that most sciences subscribe to.

The dogmatic science views beget each other, in most research these days, without looking anywhere outside their narrow minded views, and anyone that dares question their philosophies are met with ridicule, condescension, or discredited.

Egotists in our world of science are large, hence when the cup is all full, then nothing much else will ever fit.

Peace,

RT
edit on 14-1-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I like you find myself asking "Then why hasn't anybody done extensive DNA testing?" Well, I think hopefully we may start getting some answers and soon!

Main stream science carries on about there being a missing link, and they look for fossil evidence remains of something like a Sasquatch. Mabey its there bias of what a missing link should look like is stopping them seeing that modern humans are the missing link, between the apes and these higher levelled evolved humans with the large brains who once lived.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Blue Shift
It always makes me wonder if skull elongation also had an effect on vision. I would think that shifting a person's eye socket or brow configuration should have had some effect on a person's ability to see. I suppose if it was done from birth, then maybe a person's eyes and brain would adapt to it. Otherwise, you'd have a people walking around with cool skulls but tripping over their own feet.

yes..

my thoughts exactly...and it seems to be due to the eye socket and jaw bones (very oddly shaped IMO and that of the antomy expert in the video on the OP) they were born as such.

Another thoughts are:

1) "if the skull(s) were boarded, would / does it damage the brain or brain function?"
a) how could we actually test this or has it been tested on any existing tribes that do such things? (obviously if we see tribes walking around with elongated skulls, we should assume that their bodily functions are working normally, but, I'm talking about total brain functionality.)
a1) Would the total brain function be worse or better ? If better, is that the reason why they do such a practice?
2) Still holding out for the DNA testing and the Genesis Quest seems to be a bit vague on the matter...still due to the fact that the show was suppose to air last fall on Discovery Channel

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

denyego26
Will read tonight! As a Peruvian I thank you for the info!
Denyego26

WOW !!!!

someone on the inside ! heh heh..

is there any light you can share on this phenomia for us whether or not it's mundane or not..I truly would like to hear what you've personally have heard about this as a child growing up.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Klassified
As you know Slayer, I have a leaning toward an advanced, extremely ancient culture that I suspect much ancient knowledge, and the gods themselves came from. When you consider that elongated skulls have been found not only in Peru, but in Egypt, China, Malta, Russia, and other places I can't recall at the moment, as well. And that we now know these cultures began the practice of head binding independently, instead of it spreading from Egypt as was once thought. The questions then becomes, what did these cultures have in common that stretched around the world, and over millennia. Who, or what were they emulating? And do we have any skulls from these locations that are not the result of binding? I would like to think so.

I must say, the "Genesis Quest" project sounds interesting, and I would like to know more about them. It would be nice if they were legit, and their intentions were good, but I've got some reading to do to help determine that. Awesome thread Slayer, and a controversial topic to boot.

well.. in one of the videos, the anatomy expert is stating that the one partial skelleton is not that of a human, due to the jaw, skull and rib cage (which has 10 ribs, instead of 6)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Great thread once again

It was cool seeing some of the video show the places I went to in 2007. I'm kicking myself because when I went to Tiawanaku, I completely forgot about Puma Punku....arrrghh.

Still, I got to see a lot of what was shown on here. Very cool stuff.

For my money though, Ollantaytambo still has some of the weirdest stuff (except for parts of MP of course). Anyway, about the elongated heads...it certainly seems in my mind that they were going through that head shaping process for a damn good reason. Whether it was as you say emulating something they had already seen or were told about by high priests perhaps. Who knows...

My bet as always is that there would be a hell of a lot of stuff about these sites that certain people/organisations in the world know about but aren't telling. How do I know? Because more than one guide told me about people like Hiram Bingham taking "artifacts" away for study and never giving them back to Peru.

Who knows what they were...

Sorry for the digresion

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
They did this to emulate ancient kemetic head dress aka egyptian

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
These sculls have always fascinated me as they have many of you here. I know that some sculls had the binding, but I doubt they were all subject to that. Very thought provoking thread Slayer. Thank you!!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
There just elongated skulls through moulding their heads at birth.

No different from Africans putting massive discs in there lips.

They just felt special doing it.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Thank you for Mentioning Malta, and I have to admit at first I was about to say contuary to the statement of ilongated skulls in Malta but then a bit of research and found......We do have them here too or well.... We did.

Ironically it may be a hoax but it seems there is a conspiracy in Malta regarding the elongated skulls.Malta Hypogeum

A race of people with elongated skulls, a chamber of unbelievable acoustic properties, and the mysterious disappearance of more than 7,000 skulls makes you think that something very special happened in this place, yet very few people to know about it, and it appears someone wanted it to be this way. - See more at: www.ancient-origins.net...

Now I go to the Hypogeum every year (just incase they allow the public to venture further into the caverns) and seen many of the skeletons in the Capital Valletta Archives and there is NO reference at all to elongated skulls..... I cant seem to post pictures yet but there is a pic on the link above showing a different style of elongated skull.

What’s more is that they had a unique characteristic – elongated skulls – and one of the skulls (out of only a handful that survived) lacked the Fossa median (the join that runs along the top of the skull). It is known that some of the skulls were on display in the Archaeological Museum in Valletta. However, after 1985 all the skulls that had been found in the Hypogeum, along with other elongated skulls found across multiple ancient sites in Malta, disappeared without a trace, and have never been recovered. - See more at: www.ancient-origins.net...

Many thanks to Slayer!!! Once again a perfect read and another quest for answers begins!

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
ETA: I wonder what the "glacial dam flood" event would have looked like in central and south america?

Stay tuned...

The Andes also had a larger than normal amount of snow and ice once upon a time. The deal there is lining up when that melted and when 'Man' first settled in the location to have been affected by it.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Fantastic thread! Thank you for all your research. Very well put together.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join