It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Peru. The Enigma...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

I'm a big fan of history too. In fact I've wished on more than one occasion that they'd make an actual history forum. You know so we can talk about the time between ancient civilizations and present day. We could discuss conspiracies of the Napoleonic Wars, or how like 7 of the ten bloodiest wars involved or were fought in China. But that is just some offtopic rambling. Nevermind me

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

SLAYER69

This is exactly why they should DNA test all the skulls. Red hair is not widely apparent in the 'Indigenous people" There were the Cloud people who were supposedly Fair skinned and red haired. Are we talking about two or more different lines? Are the present people directly descendant?

I don't disagree.
The artistic renderings of the Olmec culture alone are a puzzle in the range of variety in morphologies seemingly expressed where there at times seems very definite Asian features complete with epicanthic folds, while some express more Southern Asian, and Indus styles with stylized mustaches, and still a great many others would seem to conform more closely with an African Phenotype.

Without looking for any papers to cite, however, we can't be sure there hasn't been a DNA study in comparing extent descendents with these remains.

Something else worth possible mention is that the "savages" encountered by Columbus (extinct now), called The Tainos, dominated the Caribbean, and may have lent some genetic diversity in fringes straying South.
If I'm not recalling incorrectly, The Tainos were of fairer complexion than the peoples inhabiting the Mainland of Mexico, and the rest of South America.

Certainly there are indeed legends and myths in these cultures of blond haired people, but, these could very well be similar the Blue Skinned people and deities we're familiar with out of India, and more a product of mythology in reverence for the element gold that coincidentally happened to be true.

As to red hair, there are indigenous forest peoples extent today in the Amazon that express red hair coloration, though not too common (which I frustratingly can't find any examples of such)

Whatever the case, the South American Cultures were indeed quite fascinating, and especially such so because much of the "civilized" culture we have in example date quite recently (within 2000 years) yet, we've so little to go on in comparison with similar level of development cultures.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Cloud people with fair skin and red hair?
Would they have been called cloud people because they arrived in some sort of aircraft?
Seems reasonable given their name

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
It always makes me wonder if skull elongation also had an effect on vision. I would think that shifting a person's eye socket or brow configuration should have had some effect on a person's ability to see. I suppose if it was done from birth, then maybe a person's eyes and brain would adapt to it. Otherwise, you'd have a people walking around with cool skulls but tripping over their own feet.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

You'd get used to it. Your brain is exceptionally adept at rewiring things and making sense of things even when the senses altered to some non-normal state. For instance, you could put glasses on that make everything you see upside down. While initially it would give you a huge headache, eventually your brain would adapt and you'd be used to seeing everything upside down. Then when you take the glasses off, you get a huge headache again while you try to adapt to everything being normal again. This doesn't have to be done at birth either.

Experiments show we quickly adjust to seeing everything upside-down

The professor made Kohler wear a pair of hand-engineered goggles. Inside those goggles, specially arranged mirrors flipped the light that would reach Kohler's eyes, top becoming bottom, and bottom top.

At first, Kohler stumbled wildly when trying to grasp an object held out to him, navigate around a chair, or walk down stairs.

But over the next week, Kohler found himself adapting, in fits and starts, then more consistently, to such sights.

After 10 days, he had grown so accustomed to the invariably upside-down world that, paradoxically and happily, everything seemed to him normal, rightside-up. Kohler could do everyday activities in public perfectly well: walk along a crowded sidewalk, even ride a bicycle. Passersby on the street did ogle the man, though, because his eyewear looked, from the outside, unfashionable.

Cool huh?
edit on 14-1-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
S&F once again sir Ancient Time Slayer

Those skulls are found world wide and somehow resemble
early renderings of Egypt's first Pharoah's!?!

Excellent renderings of Puma's 'Weeping Sun God' temple.
(resembles a museum/library - imagine walking the halls of knowledge)

So - just to keep with intrigue..

The Bible, Plato, Cayce, Donnelly, Hancock, all spoke of a 'prior-man'..
(Lumeria, Atlantis - Tower of Babel)

Could these skulls be survivors.. or.. Inner Earth people..?

Is this what a Sasquatch looks like without it's 'arctic winter wear'..?
(bahaha..Sasquatch in a fur coat..lol
)

Be well.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Everytime I see skulls like that I can't help but wonder, even if they really were binded, they still seem bigger than they should be.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Will read tonight! As a Peruvian I thank you for the info!
Denyego26

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I think it is important to compare cranial capacities. From what I have gathered the average capacity for a modern human skull is anywhere between 1200-1500cc. One of the videos you presented claims a capacity of an elongated skull to be around 1500cc. Perhaps this is unusual for the local population of that time but it isn’t unusual today.

I would like to add that this is the first time I have heard capacity numbers for elongated skulls. Accurate measurements would be very useful information to have. Perhaps nobody has seriously studied these skulls before or maybe they have not published their findings. Or, better yet, maybe the information is out there to be found.

Modern cranial capacities.
Eye Size, Brain Size, and Intelligence

Wiki link

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I wonder how many children died as they figured out how to do the head binding? I mean, they probably had to go through some trial and error.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Just spitballing here, maybe what we are seeing is a culture that so revered these "gods" with elongated skulls, that they would emulate the look with their children. They wanted to win favor with these "gods", so they might be taken with them back to the heavens. They painstakingly made the nazca lines(that only the "gods" would see) as a tribute, again in hopes of being whisked away to a better place.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

No doubt but the level of sanctity of life we have now is a fairly recent social step...

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Trey Smith,in one of his videos, shows that the skull seams of the elongated skulls are different than those of humans.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I believe Is not a secret my special interest in Peru.

Giving me the opportunity to finishing my day with a nice cup of tea and a great thread is something I really appreciate.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
As you know Slayer, I have a leaning toward an advanced, extremely ancient culture that I suspect much ancient knowledge, and the gods themselves came from. When you consider that elongated skulls have been found not only in Peru, but in Egypt, China, Malta, Russia, and other places I can't recall at the moment, as well. And that we now know these cultures began the practice of head binding independently, instead of it spreading from Egypt as was once thought. The questions then becomes, what did these cultures have in common that stretched around the world, and over millennia. Who, or what were they emulating? And do we have any skulls from these locations that are not the result of binding? I would like to think so.

I must say, the "Genesis Quest" project sounds interesting, and I would like to know more about them. It would be nice if they were legit, and their intentions were good, but I've got some reading to do to help determine that. Awesome thread Slayer, and a controversial topic to boot.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Had to come out of lurking just to S&F

As always superb stuff

EDIT: I think some of them are aliens and the rest are emulating them if only coz its the most cool explanation

edit on 14/1/2014 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
I wonder how many children died as they figured out how to do the head binding? I mean, they probably had to go through some trial and error.

Well, you have to remember that in the old days babies died all the time, along with their mothers. So wrapping up their heads to make them huge wouldn't make that big of a difference in the total number of deceased babies.

I just wonder how long it would take. Just until adulthood, or is it something like orthodontia, where you have to wear a retainer on your head off and on for a long time afterwards.

What would be interesting, I think, is if you found an elongated baby skull that was too young to have had time to grow into that shape. If that could be proven, that the baby pretty much had that skull shape at birth, that would be something.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Blue Shift
Well, you have to remember that in the old days babies died all the time, along with their mothers. So wrapping up their heads to make them huge wouldn't make that big of a difference in the total number of deceased babies.

I just wonder how long it would take. Just until adulthood, or is it something like orthodontia, where you have to wear a retainer on your head off and on for a long time afterwards.

What would be interesting, I think, is if you found an elongated baby skull that was too young to have had time to grow into that shape. If that could be proven, that the baby pretty much had that skull shape at birth, that would be something.

I recommend some reading on Deformational Plagiocephaly.

Head deformation can occur 'naturally' simply by allowing a child to lay in one position too long.
A child, laying on her back for too long, for instance, would likely express deformation as a flattening at the back of the skull. Children will more often express asymmetrical deformation if left alone for too long laying with their head to one side.

It doesn't take very long at all due the Fontanelle or membraneous gaps (soft spots) between the as-yet developed and fused individual bone plates of the skull.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

This is so fascinating Slayer. S&F!!!!

DNA testing is definitely something we need to pursue and keep an eye out for. If they are hybrids I wonder if they would reveal that information.

To me they look like "Alien" heads...not that I've seen one or anything. Lol

If it was some kind of cultural fashion statement, it didn't work for me. Not attractive at all. But maybe they thought they could be smarter or wiser? I don't know.. my mind goes all over the place as to why they would do this on their own.

Like another poster said, maybe this is what the Atlanteans looked like. There are so many ancient texts that tell us there was a pre-man civilization. Who knows....

I'm at hockey practice with my girl so I will check out the videos later tonight or in the morning.

Again, great thread!!

Jenn

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Enjoyable thread as always mate

These cases to me prove that there was something long before what we currently know, and that somewhere in there, there was a bunch of people with elongated skulls. Where they came from I do not know, but the cases that have been discovered would indicate some form of imitation/worship to this unknown race of people.

Additionally, something I found very interesting was this animation, whcih albeit is an unproven theory as of yet, but is still worth consideration:

edit on 14-1-2014 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join