It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Peru. The Enigma...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+160 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I've been wanting to post a thread on these skulls for quite some time but wanted to present a different perspective and take on the topic. All too often it simply deteriorates into two camps. On the one side we have the 'Aliens' did it crowd which is always countered by the 'Head Binding THE END' crowd.

This will be a journey into some rather fascinating aspects of our collective human history that we seemed to not only have forgotten but sadly seem to want to leave forgotten. I'll try to reintroduce these real world items in a new light. You see, these skulls are real, the great ancient monuments with highly engineered and produced great works are real. For some it's impossible to see them for how they must have looked when they weren't crumpled buried in the Earth.

So, in order to introduce another angle to this ongoing saga of pro/con I've decided to simply show you the reader evidence that still is available to us. Peru seems to be the hotbed for elongated skulls. Now, I know many of you have seen some if not all of these images before but...

Let's take a slightly different look at not only them but who these people really were and what they were doing. I hope the images above have caught your attention and should give you the very real impression that this wont be your standard elongated skull/head binding thread.

Skull Deformation argument

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that possibly a large percentage of the skulls found around the world and especially in Peru *which will be the focal point of this threads premise* were the result of head binding. Year after year of reading threads here and elsewhere this has always been posted as to how they were created. Fair enough. I too will accept it. But this is where the argument ends for the vast majority of those who do not consider other possibilities. Now, I'm not here to try and convince anyone just asking for a bit of your time.

You see for me the right questions are not being asked. Why would they do this? Were they trying to emulate something or someone they once knew/venerated and tried to copy the appearance? I'm not saying they tried to copy 'Aliens' although I'll remain open to that possibility, Was there once a great leader who simply had some sort of physical abnormality that the masses attempted to copy? Seems possible. Or, were they again, simply trying to replicate an appearance of possibly some other race of ancient hominids that preceded them in the New world? Which may have either died off or simply interbred with Homo Sapien Sapien and their appearances aggregated down...?

First off, many of you have read my threads and have seen what I've posted over the years which they clearly show evidence of advanced engineering and craftsmanship by our supposedly 'primitive' ancestors. I feel like I'd be showboating if I were to link to my previously posted threads on the subject so instead, this time I'll post a few new short videos on the topic.

Ancient advanced engineering in Peru...

Let's take a quick look at a couple of new videos of the 'Red Headed' elongated skulls from Peru. The second video talks about the size differences between various known types of skulls from the region. The standard argument is that although the skulls have been deformed that they are not larger in volume than yours or mine. This simply isn't true in many cases, but I'll let you decide for yourselves on that..

In the above video it talks about varying types of skulls and that there are possibly up 5 different standard types. Here are a few that seem to all show the much larger volume than most skulls showing signs of deformation.

I asked once in a thread, 'What happens when they find a child with a fully formed elongated skull?' *There have been more than a few found* I immediately got the reply that it was simply due to known physical deformities and that pretty much shut down the argument for most. Not for me though. I'm not one to simply walk away without further investigating the situation on any given topic.

I know that was a lot to take in all at once, so let's take a break from the skulls and look at what some have artistically created what Puma Punku/Tiwanaku could have possibly looked like when it wasn't broken, buried and scattered.

The truth of the matter is that we don't know what the site looks like. It appears to have been destroyed in some great upheaval in ancient times. Then later the Incas, Spanish and some in much more recent times have scavenged building blocks to use in homes and churches etc. Why not? Not knowing what they were I'd of used them as well. I mean they were perfectly cut and unused. Puma Punku/Tiwanku are not the only site in Peru. We have the Nazca lines, there are the Ancient sites of Coral supe which rivals Egypt in both Pyramid construction and were contemporaries.

The Peruvian Deserts still hold many more mysteries yet to be discovered.

Here are a few more skulls to consider

What do you think?

Were they alien hybrids, Alien Genetic creations? An Ancient Hominid race that died out and emulated by the new waves of Homo Sapiens coming done from Alaska or were they simply the result of Skull Deformations? The Skulls are Real, the great Monumental engineering is real, there are many mysterious locations and unanswered question as to why and how many of those locations were created.

I like you find myself asking "Then why hasn't anybody done extensive DNA testing?" Well, I think hopefully we may start getting some answers and soon!

In Conclusion

I think we have a very real mystery to solve here. On the one hand we have Academia grudgingly coming to terms that 'Man' has been in the New World for a very long time and that it wasn't all just a few racial types coming over the Bering Strait during the last Ice age. Then on the other hand, We have the church that seems to have been strangely silent about all these odd findings not just in Peru and not even regarding the elongated skulls. I've heard all kinds of arguments by 'Religious' types explaining Neanderthal etc. None really make much sense. *No offense* Did they originally come to the new world from the old?

Skull found in Russia

I hope you've enjoyed my way of looking at things...
As always
Stay tuned...

edit on 14-1-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Very thought provoking bud.....
My interest is piqued!
The immediate theoretical inspirations runs from
1(alien hybrids)
2(the precursor humans or even parallel existence of these beings as the creators of the ancient monuments...).......
(either created as babies by binding process,from humans)(which bestowed the ability, and perhaps super human at that....)
3or perhaps stranded space travelling beings like the ones who created the Droppa stones....a few survivors trapped and dying off here on earth, but kick starting South America or perhaps the world into what it has become....
4oops ! im spinning out of control........

Regardless......the extra brain capacity may explain a lot of mysteries..............S&F!

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Thanks, Slayer! Just when I think you can't possible outdo your current thread, you come up with a new one and prove me wrong!!!!

You deserve a lot more than the one S&F that I'm allowed to give!

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'm just shooting from the hip here, but I was wondering when/why for the 1st skull deformation.

Was it, perhaps, to mimic someone or something that they were exposed to?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'm wondering how much the cranial cavity has been expanded or reduced. Did I miss this in the videos? Would expanding the cranial cavity in a child make for a larger brain and hence...maybe more intelligent?

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I have always thought that they were mimicking someone or something,what that is i'm not really sure .That then leads to another big question,since elongated skulls are found all over the world, are all these people mimicking the same person ? And if so, how did this person travel to all of these places? Anyway Starred and Flagged.

edit on 14-1-2014 by jammer2012 because: Poor grammar,lol

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

the volume was the same.

onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Actually watch the second video behind the 'Red Headed' one.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Thank you for the thought provoking post.

The illustrations, however, appear to have very suspiciously ANGLO looking noses as compared to the morphologies expressed in modern descendents of these peoples.

Additionally, just a note on Puma Punk/Tiwanku; unlike many fringe sources would like many to believe, the sites are not primarily of andesite, but, in actuality are mostly red sandstone with some andesite features.
Shaping the Red Sandstone to the precision standards often awed over would be entirely within the capabilities and facility of any sufficiently capable neolithic culture familiar with stone working.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

Thank you for the thought provoking post.

The illustrations, however, appear to have very suspiciously ANGLO looking noses as compared to the morphologies expressed in modern descendents of these peoples.

This is exactly why they should DNA test all the skulls. Red hair is not widely apparent in the 'Indigenous people" There were the Cloud people who were supposedly Fair skinned and red haired. Are we talking about two or more different lines? Are the present people directly descendant?

Peru Cloud People Statues

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a2a18e883317.jpg[/atsimg]

Additionally, just a note on Puma Punk/Tiwanku; unlike many fringe sources would like many to believe, the sites are not primarily of andesite, but, in actuality are mostly red sandstone with some andesite features.

Shaping the Red Sandstone to the precision standards often awed over would be entirely within the capabilities and facility of any sufficiently capable neolithic culture familiar with stone working.

This is already widely known.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

SLAYER69

Actually watch the second video behind the 'Red Headed' one.

Do you trust more a youtube video than a peer reviewed paper?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Fantastic photo's I love the central and south american cultures and there history. The buildings are beautiful I hope I will get the chance to see them personally one day. The skulls have always had me wondering the purpose as well. Whether it was a experience that led them to start the practice or simply something abstract to show social classes. I agree that they need DNA testing on the skulls to show a lineage and background. It would be interesting to see the results. For me personally I wouldn't be surprised if the red haired one was of a different line not from that area. I think we are missing many things about our own history so to find there was a red haired, fair skin peoples in the area would hit me as odd.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Indigent

Every year there are more and more of these skulls being found. Yes, I don't trust them. I have and will look at their data. The problem there is that they have not tested all of them.

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
OUTSTANDING Thread as always Slayer

What has always astounded me is the "experts" complete and almost visceral reaction to any hypothesis involving a previous advanced culture that may have been destroyed.

Archeologists discount aliens, previous advanced cultures and really anything that does not fit in their tight little structured idea of our history.

Shame really as we all know a close mind, like a closed box, can not be added too

Good job Slayer

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Sweet Ancient Peru! Puma Punku is one of my favorite ancient sites since it tends to defy modern archaeological theories all the time. The elongated skulls definitely remain a mystery. I understand that the head binding thing is probably the most likely cause of it all, but why? Seems like a very grueling and painful process to go through for many years to get that oblong shaped head. Though the reason could be something as mundane as fashion statements. We are already well aware of the torture people will put themselves through to make themselves look good and fashionable. Corsets are proof of that alone.

Do we have ideas of the social classes of the skeletons with the oblong heads? Were they priests? Upper class? Workers? I'd think if they were upper class or priests, the fashion explanation would make the most sense. Of course that doesn't explain why these skulls are found all over the world. Man... Mysteries abound. I GOT IT! Maybe a timetraveler brought back a copy of Coneheads and everyone fell in love with it.
edit on 14-1-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

OUCH!

For a lay person such as myself. That is some awesome reading.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

SLAYER69

Indigent

Every year there are more and more of these skulls being found. Yes, I don't trust them. I have and will look at their data. The problem there is that they have not tested all of them.

It is truly sad you see things that way, i hope that in 100 year some guy dont pick my skull and compare it to shaq to make a video and not consider things like standard deviation or any true comparison of what a normal skull is, like the one statistics studies in peer reviewed papers presents.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Damn Slayer, what I'd do to have a beer, a smoke & a long' ass conversation with you!

Seriously though mate, you are one of a few people who make me visit this site regularly. I was always interested in history but some people on this site like Skyfloating, ProtoplasmicTraveler, serbsta & zorgon and of course you Slayer - sparked an unknown interest, a whole new depth of what I aspired to learn about.

Bravo my friend, brilliant thread.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I hope this comes out right, but I doubt it will......

Don't we, normal human skulls, have a similar (map) if you will, of how our skull bones fused together? Now, if these elongated skulls where manipulated into this form, wouldn't they have similar, yet slightly different (maps)? Meaning it should be fairly obvious that it was just a manipulation as oppose to possible being a different branch of our tree?

I'm sorry if this is discussed in the videos. I can't watch at work.

Great thread. These skulls have always fascinated me!

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Indigent
It is truly sad you see things that way, i hope that in 100 year some guy dont pick my skull and compare it to shaq to make a video and not consider things like standard deviation or any true comparison of what a normal skull is, like the one statistics studies in peer reviewed papers presents.

I appreciate the sentiment, I really do. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. I've read up on this topic before posting the thread. I know what's in it. The deal there is that we don't know if they 'Tested' a skull of someone who as a child was forced by their parents into 'Head Binding' and therefore may have roughly the same CC as a normal modern Human Skull.

Have they tested them all?

If there were older ones of the 'Original line' were those tested as well? Another reason for DNA testing.

See, for me there are still way too many variables to conclusively say one or the other yet.

Hey, I'm allowed to keep an open mind.

No?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join