It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle School Shooting in Roswell, New Mexico

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

believe it or not most kids go through there entire schooling from 4 years to 30 without an incident, its sad that the media has an agenda to push so every time there is and incident it makes world news. News flash! Stuff like this has been going on since day one, but if you want to be herded in with he rest of the folk that want to be manipulated by government controlled media, be my guess, i just hope future generations forgive you.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

DocScurlock

believe it or not most kids go through there entire schooling from 4 years to 30 without an incident, its sad that the media has an agenda to push so every time there is and incident it makes world news. News flash! Stuff like this has been going on since day one, but if you want to be herded in with he rest of the folk that want to be manipulated by government controlled media, be my guess, i just hope future generations forgive you.

Lol. I love the blame the media attitude. They aren't commiting the crimes, only reporting it. You would rather bury your head in the sand. Denial is a powerful force.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

She is also, sadly, deceased. She passed, if I am not mistaken, before Christmas.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DocScurlock

News flash! Stuff like this has been going on since day one,

It really has.
Chino Ca. 1974, after Chino PD raided " Our Lady of Guadalupe " church
down in the barrio and confiscated some contraband. A lot really! The" Chino Sinners",
who at that time weren't just a gang of street thugs. These vatos were straight up
GANGSTERS. But they told all the kids, who had been dreaming their whole lives
of the day they got to become Sinners. That the day of their intiation had come.
Armed all of them and drove them down to the police station and stopped
single file ten cars out on the road. And all the kids that were from my middle school,
my 8th grade class mates. Jumped out and opened fire on Chino PD. No one
was hit, but i'm sure every weapon was empty before they jumped back in their
cars and bailed. There were very few chicanos at school that next day. But they
were all there the next day. Cops couldn't charge anybody after arresting almost
the whole projects. Most of those guys are dead now. But you can't blame the guns.
Boys learn how to shoot a cap gun before they can walk. It's indoctrinated in 'em.
All you can do is handle each case as it comes until Obama can stop cry'n fake ass tears.
edit on 14-1-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

Jefferton
Lol. I love the blame the media attitude. They aren't commiting the crimes, only reporting it. You would rather bury your head in the sand. Denial is a powerful force.

FYI, so is the MSM...

Turn off that TV and spit out the Koolaid.

In the entire history of man, no one has ever been brainwashed and realized, or believed, that he had been brainwashed. www.whale.to...

If they are airing something in the mainstream apparatus it IS agenda driven, PERIOD.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Jefferton

Yeah, like only reporting certain facts, or making up others in order to create a particular knee-jerk response in the viewers isn't wrong at all, right?

As mentioned above, they reported the facts of a DIFFERENT story with only a cursory mention of the facts of THIS case. Why would they do that, I wonder?

Reporting on one crime and not another because it doesn't have one race killing another, or there isn't a high enough body count, it doesn't fit the current political trend, is perfectly respectable, right?

Anyone with a brain in their head knows that the media care about ratings and crowd manipulation, and nothing else.

Sounds to me like you might be the one with your head in the sand.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I don't pay attention to these stories anymore.

Why in Texas am I hearing of this?

Young black men shoot each other on a daily basis yet the media never picks it up.

Let's pay attention to the groups at the most risk and figure out what needs to be done to curb violence between them(i.e. young black men against other young black men).

Who wants to bet they will try passing additional anti-gun legislation in regard to these highlighted shootings?

Like throwing paint on a pile of #.

edit on 14-1-2014 by OrphanApology because: D

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RickyD

Why would an 18 year old be seeking revenge at a middle school?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

starviego

rickymouse What is behind this... I wonder if the shooter was on any kind of meds?

If it's not the meds, it's the anti-bullying ed that puts these kinds of ideas in some mixed-up kid's mind.

I humbly beg to differ. Much of the anti-bully education that is within schools today began after the string of school shootings that occurred in the 90's. There was a significant number of shootings like these and the authorities apparently could not figure out what tied them all together beyond the possibility of the perpetrators being bullied. Hence the insertion of anti-bullying education. Ergo, the problem existed before the change in education.

Last time, they jumped on blaming television, the kind of music being listened to and a book authored by Stephen King called "Rage". Rage was the only one that had any sort of real commonality and Stephen King himself banned it from re-publication. The strongest commonality between all of them was mental illness--typically schizophrenia or bipolar disorder.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Updates: The shooter was a 12-year old seventh grader.

Two victims, one in critical condition and another "upgraded" from critical to serious.

the shooter, a 12 year-old boy in the seventh grade, was in custody and was the only suspect.

the shooter walked into the gymnasium and opened fire as students were gathered to shield themselves from the cold.

Link

Source for below:

A middle school student opened fire in his gym with a shotgun today and critically wounded two students in Roswell, N.M., according to authorities

Odiee Carranza, an eighth grade student, told the Associated Press a boy bumped into her as he rushed towards the gym and apologized to her. When the boy entered the gym, Carranza said she saw him pull a gun out of a band instrument case and begin shooting. n

She said he shot another boy twice in the face and shoot a girl in the arm.

"Then he shot up in the sky, then dropped the gun, and then some teacher grabbed the kid that had the gun," Carranza told the AP.

edit on 14-1-2014 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Jefferton

DocScurlock

I didnt blame the media for anything in facxt i understand that violence is a constant all through out our human history, it seems you be blaming violence on something other than human nature.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Thanks for the update, Liquesence. 12 year old suspect is so very sobering. I hope the girl and boy who were shot pull through though it sounds like the latter is most likely in very rough condition. Terrible for all of them really from the shooter who just through his life away in a fit of rage, his victims and all the children present.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
He dropped the gun and a teacher as well as an off duty cop intervened or it may have been much worse. In this case the parents should be charged with misconduct of allowing this weapon to be accessible. That is the issue nit the fact gns can be bought.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DocScurlock

Defense is human nature. Violence is learned behavior or you were born that way, like serial killers and other mental conditions.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Well how old was Adam lanza? I'm pretty sure a bit older than the kids at that school right? So then it might be safe to assume they could possibly be that age right.

On topic thanks for the update and hopefully both kids pull through 100%...

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I hate to say this, but what if the kids know something we don't? What if these kids are seeing something in their intended victims that isn't normally sensed by others?

Notice that the most common explanations for this are -
A: Mass Media -
B: Mental Illness and the medications designed to treat them -
C: Gov/NWO/TPTB Programming -

All three of these point specifically to a change in perception, it focuses on people who are seeing things nobody else does. Shooting someone in the face is pretty personal, anger or fear would be the dominant emotions for this kind of shooting.

edit on 14-1-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Update:

www.abqjournal.com...
Kendal Sanders, 13 and an unnamed 12 year old boy were shot. Mason Campbell, 12, a student at the school, was the shooter.
Another student, Gabbie Vasquez, said she knew the suspect, but didn’t consider him violent. “He really didn’t talk to nobody. He’s quiet and kind of awkward,” Vasquez said.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I don't have a link I'm just watching the local news updates here in New Mexico . Abc news might be wrong on some things. The kid is 11 years old. The teacher did not grab the shotgun, but told the 11 year old kid to drop the weapon,and he did.The kid opened fire in the gym.

The local news showed the NM state police and the shooters home. The news media made a point about the house being 5000-6000 square feet, I dont know why. Anyway it looked like a mansion.

The local reporter here said the childs mother and father have hired a very high profile lawyer that is on the way to Roswell.
Another local reporter reported that the kid had the shotgun hidden in his backpack. I myself find that hard to believe unless this particular shotgun can be broken down.

One girl is out of surgery . The other is still in surgery and was shot in the face twice.

On another note in the same segment from the local special report. Teachers are demanding to have a designated trained and armed person on the the staff. Apparently the security guard had no fire arm for defense. There was an off duty officer that dropped off his kid when this happened . The school principle asked the off duty officer for assistance. At this point no one knows what happened after the principle asked the officer for assistance. Then the report goes on to say the teacher demanded the kid drop his weapon. " drop that gun now, drop it" .quote from the local news. The kid dropped the shotgun.

Seem like the AP.and ABC news are assuming allot when there not even there! The local station I was watching said they was no reporter presence there from any affiliates or other stations and were relying on the state police and a school board member. The Governor of New Mexico just showed up a a while ago, so all information from this point on will be extremely controlled. On a side note the Teachers in New Mexico are going to strike next month state wide,.I hope the governor is not using this event for any type of of gain. The Governor here has been in the hot seat lately for the way she runs the state agency's and education system.

Thats the local news reports here from New Mexico.

The local news stations are kob, krqe, koat

---------------

Update from 10 pm local news .

20 gauge shot gun was used.
The kid is 12 years old, just turned 12.
Is in police custody, and will for formally charged tomorrow morning.
Search warrants were served on the residence, and his locker at the school. Police said they found a large bag in his locker, but will not disclose its content. ( on going investigation being cited. )
Police suspect the shooter surely concealed the shotgun. the police will not say how he did it. (As the reporter stated before, the kid used his backpack. My guess is the kid obtained a shotgun that breaks down, and put in his backpack.

Thats about all the relevant information that is being told on the local now. Like I said above once the governor arrived the information will be very controlled.

edit on 14-1-2014 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
www.koat.com...
At 8:11 a.m., New Mexico State Police and local authorities responded to the gunshots. ....
Police said the weapon was a 20-gauge shotgun with the wood stock sawed off. ...
Albuquerque criminal defense attorney Jason Bowles has confirmed he is a relative of the suspect.

If the stock was cut off it implies premeditation.

-----------

Ahhh! The recent drill:

www.abqjournal.com...
(Berrendo Middle School) has undergone more than one active-shooter training, Burris said, including one as recently as the end of the 2013 semester.

This police conference mentions the BATF was involved in the search of the residence. When the Feds get involved, you know the fix is in. Look for signs that the FBI is also there.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 15-1-2014 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

The news here made a brief mention of the story earlier. They said a teacher actually walked right up to the kid and asked him to put down the gun. They also said he brought the gun in via "a musical instrument case".

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join