It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle School Shooting in Roswell, New Mexico

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

A shooting in a middle school in Roswell, N.M., has put the school on lockdown and police said that a suspect is in custody.

The suspected shooter was apprehended at Berrendo Middle School, according to police. Authorities have not said if there were any injuries.

Middle School Shooting in Roswell, New Mexico

Only very few details as of yet. Authorities have not said if there are injuries, but let us hope there isn't.

At a middle school? Is this some copycat middle-schooler who is angry, or something worse, someone older who had planned to do considerable damage, or just someone attention-seeking.

More to come.

Update 1:

Officials in southern New Mexico say at least two children are being treated for injuries following a shooting at a Roswell middle school.

Still, with so few details coming out, it doesn't appear that this is a very large scale incident, thankfully. 2-3 initial reports of injuries (extent unknown), and the suspect in custody. Let us hope this remains minor, with no fatalities.

Update 2 (1235EST):

Television news station KRQE is reporting that University Hospital in Lubbock, Tx., said a 14-year-old student who was injured in the shooting is being airlifted there.
LINK

Some other *officially unconfirmed* information from students at the above link.

Lorena Beltran, heard about the shooting when her daughter, who attends the school, texted her. She said her daughter said that a male student had been shot in the face. Officials haven’t confirmed the reported injury

Sixth grade student Anyssa Vegara said she was talking to a security guard when she heard the shot. “I turned around and all I saw was someone on the floor with their arm bleeding,” Vegara said.

edit on 14-1-2014 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I've heard enough. This is definitely a false-flag attack.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Liquesence

Only very few details as of yet. Authorities have not said if there are injuries, but let us hope there isn't.

At a middle school? Is this some copycat middle-schooler who is angry, or something worse, someone older who had planned to do considerable damage, or just someone attention-seeking.

More to come.

Update 1:

Officials in southern New Mexico say at least two children are being treated for injuries following a shooting at a Roswell middle school.

I now see you've updated your post but how on earth did you not read in the original article that 1. a student age 17 named Clair Davies was shot and injured (not killed) and 2. that it was clearly stated in the article that the suspect was there to get revenge on his debate team coach for apparently dropping him from the team.

Also it clearly states the suspect was 18...however I'm wondering if he was a current student or a recently graduated one coming back for revenge. Either way this shows how flawed our social behavior has become...When I was that age which was only about 10 years ago I would have never even considered a route such as this but now a days it just seems common place and unshocking (which is sad but seriously after so many school shootings are you the reader even surprised?) that I have to ponder what it is in society that promotes this mentality of "I'll get you back for this" that we see so often. People these days just don't let things go.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by starviego

I don't think so.

If it were a false flag it would be on a much greater scale, IMO, than just a few injuries and a suspect in custody instead of dead.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Just another day in the good ol' USA.

Too frequent to be a surprise.
Not to take away from the nutty false-flaggers desperate attempts.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

RickyD

I now see you've updated your post but how on earth did you not read in the original article that 1. a student age 17 named Clair Davies was shot and injured (not killed) and 2. that it was clearly stated in the article that the suspect was there to get revenge on his debate team coach for apparently dropping him from the team.

Also it clearly states the suspect was 18...however I'm wondering if he was a current student or a recently graduated one coming back for revenge. Either way this shows how flawed our social behavior has become...When I was that age which was only about 10 years ago I would have never even considered a route such as this but now a days it just seems common place and unshocking (which is sad but seriously after so many school shootings are you the reader even surprised?) that I have to ponder what it is in society that promotes this mentality of "I'll get you back for this" that we see so often. People these days just don't let things go.

You are aware that Claire Davis was shot at Arapahoe High one month ago? The article refers back to THAT shooting. Two COMPLETELY different incidents, man.

link   
Is there any ID on the shooter yet? I saw no comments saying if it was a student or an adult.

link   
reply to post by RickyD

All that happened at the Colorado High School not this Middle School. The article included it as a call back for some pointless reason.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Pointless indeed (i thought the same thing initially: why the hell did they go off on that. Or maybe not.

The media want you to stay on their site and page, so they add a bunch of filled since they have little information about the shooting.

In addition, they want to bring back the memories of Arapahoe so that people connect events, which, in essence, perhaps intensifies the event in their people's minds.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I did not realize that...I guess I must have missed that part in the original article...It's kind of silly that most of the linked article was about an event that occurred a month ago. Only 3 lines of the article were even about the actual event that just took place. Well I guess it goes to show how lacking the substance of our media is these days.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

A suspected school shooter is in custody after opening fire at a middle school and injuring at least two people in Roswell, N.M., according to police.

There were preliminary reports of injury, according to New Mexico State Police, however a spokesman said the extent, including the number of possible victims, was unknown.

Law enforcement sources told ABC News there were two victims in the school shooting. It was not yet known whether they were children or adults.

The Eastern New Mexico Medical Center has confirmed they received two patients. They won’t say their conditions at this time or how old they were.

Students were being bused from the school to Roswell Mall where parents will be allowed to pick up their children, police said. Parents are being asked by authorities to stay away from the school.

So they have updated the article and there is a bit more in there now...still no details on the victims or the shooters identity. However it has now been confirmed that 2 students have been admitted to a local hospital with injuries from this event.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Seems like we are having a continuing problem with this. The kids are not being trained properly by their parents these days, they get a gun out and shoot others when they get upset. What is behind this, it isn't guns that are the problem, even a pencil can be a deadly weapon. It is a problem with kids lack of respect for others it seems, on both sides sometimes.

I see a trend that will continuing here. I wonder if the shooter was on any kind of meds?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

rickymouse What is behind this... I wonder if the shooter was on any kind of meds?

If it's not the meds, it's the anti-bullying ed that puts these kinds of ideas in some mixed-up kid's mind.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
When there is more guns than people in the USA.
More places to buy guns than McDonalds and Starbucks combined.
What can possibly go wrong?
The safest place on Earth.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

people get murders and attacked all around the world every day from all different age groups, so i believe what you wanted to say is "another day in the good ole' Planet Earth. I dont think you are ignorant enough to believe that violence and murder are only things that can be attributed to USA. I know the USA media would have you believe so since they are on the payroll of the government.
edit on Tue20142014-01-14T12:06:45-06:00th2014-01-14T12:06:45-06:00000000Tue, 14 Jan 2014 12:06:45 -0600Tuesday20142014-01-14T12:06:45-06:00 by DocScurlock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
What could go wrong? Well, the covert operators could arrange dozens of false-flag mass shootings, to panic the sheeple into endless curtailment of our civil rights. Yeah, that's what could go wrong.

------------

Two students are being treated in New Mexico hospitals. Another has been airlifted to a hospital in Lubbock, TX. So at least three victims so far.

Details:

www.abqjournal.com...
Lorena Beltran, heard about the shooting when her daughter, who attends the school, texted her. She said her daughter said that a male student had been shot in the face. ... Sixth grade student Anyssa Vegara said she was talking to a security guard when she heard the shot. “I turned around and all I saw was someone on the floor with their arm bleeding,” Vegara said.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Maybe you Americans should consider sending your kids to Iraq for education, looks like it would be far safer.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Meds and mental illness, for some, but for others i think it's society, in a way. I've said it several times before, but IMO society creates and is infused with such an overwhelming amount of daily contradictions that is essentially short circuits people's brains. We're told one thing is right or wrong, we see completely the opposite in reality, which goes against our senses and what we've been taught, and it happens on such micro and macro scales—of which we're both conscious and unconscious—that we're overloaded (which is in itself a mental health issue, but which is a result of our society and culture).

I think that is a large part of it, especially where kids, who are still developing, are concerned.

ETA: I would like to add one thing for clarity's sake: When I say we told one thing is right or wrong and see the complete opposite in reality, I mean that we see the complete opposite condoned and upheld over what we have been told. All the uproar over adults and their exploits with minors-teens, yet we see minors and teens paraded around half naked in the media. We are told that democracy and the will of the people is a good thing (when it involves other countries), but stifled at home. We're told that bad things happen because of love or "for your own good," which is contrary to instinct. Killing is wrong, but glorified and unpunished depending on who commits it; stealing is wrong, unless you're wealthy. Stuff like that.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Ho hum. Just another day in America, children killing each other. Exercising their rights.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by starviego

Thank you for the update/link. Updating my OP now.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join