It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick Of Sochi

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   

and what he's spent 48 Billion, as I'd recently read, to make a total success.
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

www.economist.com...
"Allison Stewart, of the SAID Business School at Oxford, says that Olympics tend to have cost overruns of about 180% on average. For Sochi the overrun is now 500%. But Russia made clear that money was not an issue, says Ms Stewart. She also notes that relations between the government and construction companies appear closer in Sochi than in other games. Large construction projects often have a side-effect of corruption. But in Russia corruption is not a side-effect: it is a product almost as important as the sporting event itself."

So Oligarchs and Public money will be used, and after the thieves finish eating at the trough, the public will cover any shortfall.

Nothing ever changes

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

Annunak1

Kangaruex4Ewe

Annunak1
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Sochi?

The upcoming Olympics...

en.wikipedia.org...

Aah u just spelled it the america way.
Yeah i'm sick of it 2. But it could be fun since the dutch king and his prime minister are going there. Now all i hope is some1 puts a bomb under their seats and this could be the best olympic games ever

There is a "Non-American" way of spelling it? I'm really a bit confused.. I checked a variety of sources and saw Sochy in a couple, though the vast majority (incuding encyclopedias) list Sochi? Is there another accepted spelling we should be using?

Sorry if that kinda threw me... I know Americans very specifically spell a few things differently as a nation but this hadn't been one I'd thought about that way?

I don't know actually :
i think i thought that because all media in europe call it sotsji

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
You know why the cost is so high? Because they chose the one part of Russia that rarely gets any snow to host the WINTER Olympics in. Who came up with that bright idea, I wonder?

<< 1   >>

join