It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick Of Sochi

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I could end the rant there I guess, but it's against T&C.

Yes... I know. Turn the channel, don't watch it, ignore it, why do you hate America, are you a communist, why do you hate the children, why don't you like to have fun, boxers or briefs, it's a first world problem, etc. etc. etc.

The problem is that you can't escape it. My news is overrun with it. Internet ads have sold out. I swear I could hear the faint sounds of figure skating in the background of my local grocery store's PA system when calling for the the floral department to pick up line 1.

Inundated.

It isn't even here yet and it's already old.

I'll get over it.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Sochi?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Annunak1

Sochi?

The upcoming Olympics...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

& just think you get to watch it all in Prime Time _"Tape Delayed "

(post by Annunak1 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Misinformation

& just think you get to watch it all in Prime Time _"Tape Delayed "

I will not be forced to watch it!!

Annunak1

Kangaruex4Ewe

Annunak1

Sochi?

The upcoming Olympics...

en.wikipedia.org...

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

I am actually surprised I haven't seen a ton of threads speculating about that yet! At least doom threads make it a bit more interesting, but I guess those were all used up during the last Olympics.

edit on Thu Jan 16 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Heh, I'd actually not thought about it until you brought it up.

Thanks a lot.

I'll be thoroughly sick of them too by the time they're done, and I don't like the Winter ones nearly as much as I like the Summer ones, but I only like the Summer ones because I get to watch Equestrian events.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I'll think about the Olympics after the Superbowl.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I love me some "warm sochi".... Oh, you mean the Olympics!

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

intrepid
I'll think about the Olympics after the Superbowl.

Aaaaagh! Super Bowl ... It's Super Bowl.

Sorry, I have to go back to work tomorrow, and we'll be proofing February newsletters. That means I'll have to correct Superbowl several hundred times, President's Day several hundred more, and Valentines Day a few hundred after that.

Thank you for reminding me.

That's worse than Sochi.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Annunak1

Kangaruex4Ewe

Annunak1

Sochi?

The upcoming Olympics...

en.wikipedia.org...

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

There is a "Non-American" way of spelling it? I'm really a bit confused.. I checked a variety of sources and saw Sochy in a couple, though the vast majority (incuding encyclopedias) list Sochi? Is there another accepted spelling we should be using?

Sorry if that kinda threw me... I know Americans very specifically spell a few things differently as a nation but this hadn't been one I'd thought about that way?
edit on Thu Jan 16 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Although, I will say that the Winter Olympics do tend to produce a lot more spectacular compilations of FAIL than the summer ones ever manage to.

edit on 14-1-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The one major thing I like about the winter games is that low population countries compete quite well against the biggies. US, Germany, Russia. Check out Canada, Norway and well, hell, damn near any Scandinavian country. Austria and Switzerland as well. Small populations but produce quite well against the megalithic ones.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I haven't seen anything on TV about the games ... not even commercials for products and the games.
I'm looking forward to the hockey and the figure skating.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I can't wait till it's over, and we start heading towards the proposed 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar.

That should make debates about Russia's human rights record and homophobia pale in comparison.

Will we hear protests or accusations of "Islamophobia" regarding any critique from the pro-Hezbollah leftists?
Perhaps a deafening silence or various factions of activism?

That should be interesting.
edit on 14-1-2014 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

halfoldman
I can't wait till it's over, and we start heading towards the proposed 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar.

Well there's a sport that keeps me awake at night wondering about how that's going to pan out.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I'm with you OP, could not care any less. Wish the athletes the best but...

I am curious about the security and Russian foreign relations implications though.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

ketsuko
Although, I will say that the Winter Olympics do tend to produce a lot more spectacular compilations of FAIL than the summer ones ever manage to.

edit on 14-1-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

That's why I love the Winter Olympics. Winter sports tend to be crazy sports. Interesting things happen when people do crazy things. Even very skilled people, eh?

Only in winter can you see things like half dressed men and women speeding across frozen surfaces on two little rails of metal ...or falling down a mountain on two sticks with no brakes. Ahh.. Yes.. So much spontaneity is possible, it really raises the entertainment factor (wherever it's held).

As George Carlin might have said, holding Winter Games in Russia right now just adds that extra element of possible, sudden, audience generated negative outcome to the days event.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

So, your theory is that it's not terrorism; it's sudden negative audience participation?

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

You know who George Carlin was...don't ya? (I'm feeling older every day sometimes.. ) It's a bit of black humor that would have been much in line to his take on social events of the day.

I don't think there will be any serious issues come up at the Winter Games. I wouldn't be light in the least if I thought there were. Of almost all the nations in the world I'd trust to have games under outside or regional threat, they'd top the very short list.

Putin would be half tempted to tactical nuke a terrorist group that ruined his games and what he's spent 48 Billion, as I'd recently read, to make a total success. The regional bad guys know that too. Maybe they'd hit another part of the Russian Federation while all are looking at Sochi. That would just get them stomped.

The games themselves? Errr.... Earth is a really really small place in some contexts.. In fact, the Solar System isn't all that big, in some ways.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join