It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is What Happens When A Journalist Forces A Banker To Actually Answer A Question

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
It's refreshing to see a REAL journalist doing his job, for a change.

He refuses to let the banker dodge a very important question.

Take a look at the vid to enjoy watching a banker squirm with embarrassment. Could someone embed for me? Thanks in advance.
www.minds.com...
We need more proper journalists like this guy.

edit on 1/14/2014 by semperfortis because: Embeded Video for Member

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

There you go, brother.

ETA: Oh my gosh. Good find!! That was so embarrassing I almost started to squirm myself.
edit on 1412014 by Snarl because: ETA

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

That was awesome!

I wish the US still had journalists like that.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
What a god damn snake that person who is being pressed to answer a simple question! See him smiling at the end? Makes my blood boil

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Who does the guy asking the question work for?

I bet it's not the BBC.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I like the way that the people in charge sidestep issues. They think people can't see this.

It's like when a senator asked questions why the big homeland security ammo purchases were needed and the guy brings up Benghazi. Most people in the room followed the speaker in that case, being leary of addressing the issue. The whole conversation shifted in that case. At least some of the press in Ireland stick to the issue instead of allowing the sidetrack.

This shifting of focus, one of the Ad Hominum techniques, is often used in law and government to sidestep issues and confuse people.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Seen this yrs ago .
dam good tho

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

VoidHawk
Who does the guy asking the question work for?

I bet it's not the BBC.

He is Vincent Browne, he is a columnist for The Irish times:
www.irishtimes.com...

.. and he presents a current affairs/politics programme in Ireland called Tonight with Vincent Browne:
en.wikipedia.org...

I wouldn't relish facing this guy's questions if I was a corrupt politician/corrupt banker lol.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
If anyone is under any illusion that this wont happen in the UK in the future is very much mistaken. Now they have done it, they will continue to do it. Although it goes to show how out of touch they all are, their response to the question is to give people faith in the banking sector, not quite sure what planet they are on when they take from average joe to prop up something that should have failed, sorry but that 'faith' is already gone and by a long way

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
His name is Vincent Brown. He is an Irish journalist. This happened about a year ago, in Dublin when the "troika" came to town to collect. He is a great man for pinning people down. He's like a fart in a phonebox,....he just won't go away. Alas, for all Vincents hard work the majority of Irish won't get of there arses and stand up for themselves. Too busy sitting in the pub talkin' the talk.

A very good interview from nov. '13.
www.youtube.com...
enjoy

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
We need more journalist like him , but at the end of it all nothing changed and the bankers continue laughing to the banks.

Would have liked to seen all the other journalists to have stuck together and made him answer the question. However, I don't think even that would do anything.

We know the answer, but the majority are blind and care more about meaningful things such as the kardashians,candy crush, sports, and fictional characters than reality.

edit on 33131America/ChicagoTue, 14 Jan 2014 08:33:30 -0600up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Not that I like the banking situation better then anyone else, or want to defend their actions, but it seemed like the guy did answer the question to me.

Unless I am misunderstanding something here the question was basically:
“Why are the tax payers having to pay for bonds issued to foreign investors from a defunct bank”

And the answer was:
“The government decided that it was less damaging to the public to honor those bonds then to allow foreign investors to lose confidence in dealing with their banking system”

Again, unless I am misunderstanding something here, he gave a direct answer to the question.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

defcon5
Not that I like the banking situation better then anyone else, or want to defend their actions, but it seemed like the guy did answer the question to me.

Unless I am misunderstanding something here the question was basically:
“Why are the tax payers having to pay for bonds issued to foreign investors from a defunct bank”

And the answer was:
“The government decided that it was less damaging to the public to honor those bonds then to allow foreign investors to lose confidence in dealing with their banking system”

Again, unless I am misunderstanding something here, he gave a direct answer to the question.

Browne corrected him by saying the question had been 'addressed', but not answered.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

God love the Irish and there tenacity,

A U.S. journalist would not make a pimple on this guys back side.
edit on 14-1-2014 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Which is a copout in and of itself.

He answered the question.

Ridiculous journalist.

Let me put it this way.

The FULL answer would require a VERY detailed response, because the situation is INCREDIBLY complex.

The guy answered with a boiled down version, and it SEEMS the journalist knew that his audience wouldn't have the intellect to make sense of it, else the guy truly couldn't make sense of it, either.

This gave him an edge to ask for a "real answer", which the guy said he had given one, and which he couldn't possibly come back with the more accurate, very complex, and book-worth-of-words complete answer on the spot, in that kind of interview.

Seriously, are you people not getting this?

I can see quite clearly that the guy is being HONEST, and frustrated that the journalist can't see the reasoning he's being presented.

Can you not?
edit on 14-1-2014 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by webedoomed

Browne asked him what answer would he have given to the taxi driver he'd mentioned, the one who was asking questions whilst driving him from the airport, and asked him for an answer without repeating the usual PR contrived response he'd already heard from him a couple of years earlier.

If the Irish are forced to pay billions to rescue NON-IRISH financial failings, just so it doesn't affect NON-IRISH confidence in NON-IRISH investments, at least give an honest, non-rehearsed, non-robot response.

It wasn't an impossible request.

Edit: But apparently, it WAS impossible to oblige.

Browne just wanted him to give an answer to the Irish, as to how would it affect them if they don't stump up the billions to the European banks? If the Irish are not concerned nor required at all in any of the imput whatsoever, why will they be adversely affected if allowed to go under?

It's no good keep saying "it was a difficult decision made by ..." .blah bah ... ".. and it was decided that ..." .. drone drone .. "and it's in your best interests .. ." - all of which is a long winded way of saying "yes we're robbing you but it's really for your own good", but not telling them why.

He couldn't think of a posh long-winded way to say "We're crap at what we do and refuse to pay for our own mistakes, so YOU'RE paying, because we're also greedy useless corrupt wankers".
edit on 14-1-2014 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I just don't think you or I really get the system in place.

Everyone owes everyone else.

Loaning monies builds up trust, and security.

How many foreign central banks are loaning the Irish, as well?

I think it's a lot more complicated than you're trying to make it out to be.

BTW, Ireland is a part of the EU. Just like my state of Texas is a part of the US.

We pay taxes into the federal system, that may be distributed in a way that doesn't overall benefit our state.

It's the same freaking difference.

Not sure what's to get here.
edit on 14-1-2014 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by webedoomed

BTW, Ireland is a part of the EU. Just like my state of Texas is a part of the US.

We pay taxes into the federal system, that may be distributed in a way that doesn't overall benefit our state.

It's the same freaking difference.

Not sure what's to get here.

Are you saying that we are paying our EU contributions to European banks?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I clicked on this thread thinking it was going to be a Luke Rudkowski vid:

While the journalist in the OP does a good job, his inquisition should be directed at the politicians who cooperated with the banksters.

Without corrupt politicians, the banksters would be powerless.

Ireland, like every other nation should have followed the Icelandic model but unfortunately, their government did not support its own people.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

So much win. That journalist is true to his craft, awesome.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join