It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Pakal King" Portrait in Curiosity Sol 173? The most visibile facial sculpture image on Mars?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
A perfect portrait of an ancient "Aztec/Mayan/Martian" King? There is non need to enhance this amazing anomaly. It appear clearly like a profile of a Mayan/Aztec/Martian king statue with an elaborate headdresses and... nearby a strange squared stone: an Altar?

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

The Pakal King portrait match perfectly....

edit on 14-1-2014 by Arken because: Follow the advice of a member post...

edit on 14-1-2014 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Meh......I'd have to say it looks more like a North American Native Chief than the one you showed, but that's just me:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

(EDIT: As with all these things, the more you look at it the more defined it gets. Nice headdress and facial features)

"Aztecs on Mars", wasn't that an Edgar Rice Burroughs book? (to those who think I'm serious, it wasn't. He did name a book after his home town of Oak Park, Illinois though). The large squared off rock is interesting, and I will look at it further for signs of Cortés and his conquering of Mars.

These are always fun.

edit on 14-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

eriktheawful
Meh......I'd have to say it looks more like a North American Native Chief than the one you showed, but that's just me:

Me too. Same kind of Headdresses...

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by Arken

"Aztecs on Mars", wasn't that an Edgar Rice Burroughs book? (to those who think I'm serious, it wasn't. He did name a book after his home town of Oak Park, Illinois though). The large squared off rock is interesting, and I will look at it further for signs of Cortés and his conquering of Mars.

These are always fun.

So I will have to repost.

"Geronimo on Mars", wasn't that an Edgar Rice Burroughs book? (to those who think I'm serious, it wasn't. He did name a book after his home town of Oak Park, Illinois, though). The large squared off rock is interesting, and I will look at it further for signs of General Custer and his conquering of innocent Indian bystanders.

These are always fun.

I like the lines along the rock sweeping back from the face. A full headdress look.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Yes,,looks like chief Crazyhorse right next a square block with dovetail at the end

Arken
A

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
To be honest OP I think you should quickly edit around and generealize the post to cover the fact that you have the most visibile facial sculpture to show up in one of these pictures from mars... absolutely amazing and even more-so that the commentors above are almost completely ignoring it...
edit on 14-1-2014 by doesntmakesense because: no raisin

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by doesntmakesense

There have been hundreds of facial features found, although not of this size, which is impressive. We call their discoveries FFF (or we should). And there will be hundreds more. If Richard Hoagland posted on ATS we'd never get any rest.

In fact, here's one from the same picture, a "carving" on the "altar". This face has the same artistic characteristics as the Indian, with a hint of something atop its head as well.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Aleister

There have been hundreds of facial features found. We call their discoveries FFF (or we should). And there will be hundreds more. If Richard Hoagland posted on ATS we'd never get any rest.

Hundreds? Really?? In a normal reality (where anybody who wants Mars photos has to go to the same government-owned site to find the photos),one would think the mainstream news would have been all over this ages ago if there really are hundreds of like images,or would they? Is this some type of conspiracy in the making- Is this a fricken set up??

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

See my addition to the post above yours. I had to look like what, a few inches away from the Indian face to find a "carving" on the altar. Author Robert Anton Wilson says if you can't find an image of the Virgin Mary within 10 feet of you you're not doing it right.

I am as interested in these finds as anyone, and they are fun too.

And how about this guy, on the same altar a little to the right of the other "carving". Lots of it has to do with lighting and shadows, which is what got Hoagland's commander-underwear in a bundle:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I see a rock, don't see a face...

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Aleister

See my addition to the post above yours. I had to look like what, a few inches away from the Indian face to find a "carving" on the altar. Author Robert Anton Wilson says if you can't find an image of the Virgin Mary within 10 feet of you you're not doing it right.

I am as interested in these finds as anyone, and they are fun too.

And how about this guy, on the same altar a little to the right of the other "carving". Lots of it has to do with lighting and shadows, which is what got Hoagland's commander-underwear in a bundle:

Yes, I can see it in the image as well. There are others too, but it is ultimately a moot point as it can also just as easily be argued (and without the personal degradation of ideological rivals) as many parts of an intricate and sharp-angled structure that sits next to an even more intricate rock sculpture with facial features. Again, it is a moot point.

Nonetheless breathtaking

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Agreed! Told you this was fun. And no rivalry here at all, I love all of Arken's finds and have promoted several of them as being both newsworthy and study-worthy.

Back on topic, I also see a Bear or Raccoon image just to the right of the first image I posted, an honoring of the Bear or Raccoon Gods of Mars. A Rocky Raccoon as it were. So that altar takes on more of a flavor of relationship with the Indian with Headdress:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I normally wouldn't find myself saying much to a thread like this...

But honestly...

Imagine if your position were slightly off, say, 5-10 degrees...and the time of day was different...

I sincerely doubt you'd see much more than a rock.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

zeroBelief

But honestly...

Imagine if your position were slightly off, say, 5-10 degrees...and the time of day was different...

True. But then, who knows what else we'd see?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
theres something just parallel on the same picture.

funBox

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Aleister

zeroBelief

But honestly...

True. But then, who knows what else we'd see?

I'd put money on the probability of more rocks and dirt. Oh, and not the vibrant red rocks we've always been so blatantly lied to about, either

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Hi Arken, you do a great job bringing these things to our attention, however! Faces can be found in just about any peice of rock, what we need is evidence of buildings etc, things that are made out of more than one peice of rock.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
There’s no face, but there’s lots of rock!

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

looks like The Guardian of the Badlands has a pareidolia brother on Mars

top topics

<<   2 >>

join