It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Progress Report: Regarding Fukushima, provided by Tepco

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I just needed to read many Reports from the last Month regarding Fukushima
because i avoided this Topic in my Holiday like the Devil avoided holy Water!

I couldn't find it here at ATS but think it is important for everyone
who didn't read it already.

It is a lot to read and all in Pdf:

First Progress Report: The Results of the Investigation and Examining on the Unidentified and Unsolved Matters of the Fukushima Nuclear Accident

On March 29, 2013, we published ‘A summary on the Fukushima Nuclear Accident and the Nuclear Safety Reform Plan,' and we have announced the progress on a regular basis.

On November 1, we published ‘A progress report on Nuclear Safety Reform Plan (FY2013 2nd Quarter)' and set it our target to separately examine and report on the unidentified and unsolved matters of the Fukushima Nuclear Accident.
We made a report on these issues, in response to our examining and the things pointed out in the Nuclear Reform Monitoring Committee held on December 2. Today, we would like to announce the report.

We will continuously try to
1) reveal the whole pictures of the accident such as figuring out the behavior of the reactors at the point of the accident etc., based on a systematic on-site survey and a simulation analyses,
and 2) make use of the whole pictures, in order to enhance the safety, which is our duty as a nuclear operator, and develop the decommission of reactors.

Also, we will work on the nuclear safety reform, and announce our progress on these approaches on a regular basis.

1. File ; Click
(1,95 MB)

2. File: Main Body Click
(589KB)

3. And 20 Attachments from the past: Attachments Click

Important are now only the first two;
-'Report on the survey and study results of unconfirmed and unexplained events of the Fukushima nuclear power plant accident First Progress Report' (Summary)

Regards

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Whitewash...

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Granite

How so? Please be a little more forthcoming on WHY you think it's a whitewash.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Granite

Actually i see a few very important changes, for example in Reactor Nr. 3,
page 36-38
before they estimated that the Fuel is still/ mostly inside of the RPV. but now
they admit or better calculate that the molten Fuel is also "on the Saddle"
(but still inside of the Vessel)

This is a big Change when you have really a interest for this Accident

Also you get a much better knowledge about the Circumstances of that Days,
don't fall for your cheap way of thinking or start to live your Radical Lifestyle
in your Real Life but not on the Internet!
edit on 14-1-2014 by Human0815 because: spell

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

It's Jan 2014...their first report...Whitewash!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Granite
reply to post by masqua

It's Jan 2014...their first report...Whitewash!!!!!!

You are wrong but you can't understand why as long as you don't
visit and read the Files!

On March 29, 2013, we published ‘A summary on the Fukushima Nuclear Accident and the Nuclear Safety Reform Plan,' and we have announced the progress on a regular basis.

On November 1, we published ‘A progress report on Nuclear Safety Reform Plan (FY2013 2nd Quarter)' and set it our target to separately examine and report on the unidentified and unsolved matters of the Fukushima Nuclear Accident.

We made a report on these issues, in response to our examining and the things pointed out in the Nuclear Reform Monitoring Committee held on December 2. Today, we would like to announce the report.

There are already 3 other mayor Reports provided by Tepco
but the Investigation of this Accident is a long Process!

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Granite

Not good enough, Granite. You haven't convinced me of anything yet and I'd like to be convinced either way.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

masqua
reply to post by Granite

Not good enough, Granite. You haven't convinced me of anything yet and I'd like to be convinced either way.
I think "whitewash" could be interpreted as "lack of disclosure", which is something that Tepco has been widely criticized for:

Tepco shouldn't be in charge of Fukushima shutdown: Japan panel

(Reuters) - Tokyo Electric Power Co should be stripped of the responsibility for shutting down its crippled Fukushima nuclear power plant, according to a draft proposal by a panel of Japan's ruling party.

Tokyo Electric, or Tepco, has been widely criticized for repeated missteps, poor planning and a lack of disclosure in its efforts to clear up the site of the worst nuclear disaster since Chernobyl in 1986.
So, Granite is not the only one who feels there is a lack of disclosure. Even the task force appointed by Japan's leadership has said they think Tepco shouldn't be in charge:

A task force formed by Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) suggests that responsibility for the massive work of decommissioning the Fukushima plant be stripped from the giant utility in its current form - either by creating a separate unit within Tepco, breaking the unit off as a separate company or hiving it off as a government-affiliated, but independent, administrative agency.
I think it would also be fair to say that there was a lack of disclosure in the Three Mile Island and Chernobyl Nuclear disasters, although disclosure came sooner or later, sometimes later.

Since the Japan task force assigned to study the problem doesn't think Tepco should be in charge of the decommissioning, I can't say I've studied the problem as closely as them to say they are wrong, and based on what I do know of events, their recommendation makes sense to me.

Also if you've ever worked for any large corporation in a public relations role, you would probably have received instructions from the board to not admit to too much, so as not to increase the corporation's liabilities any further; in other words you would receive instructions to limit disclosure to the extent you think you can get away with to limit liability, which I think almost any corporation would do when faced with huge liabilities from a disaster, not just Tepco. This is one reason it makes sense to me to not have Tepco in charge, as there is an apparent conflict of interest.

Now to what extent their report contains whitewash the reader must decide for themselves and I will admit I don't know the true extent, but this is some background to put such allegations in perspective, from the very task force in Japan assigned to look into this matter.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I think this presentation outshines Tepco's 'update' by a mile:

www.youtube.com...

Japan Gov't Lies, Deceit and Death, A Lecture by Steven Starr, Director of the Clinical Laboratory Science Program at the University of Missouri, October 2013

from documents available at public.sos.noaa.gov... - documents are deeply buried in the US Gov't Agency NOAA - they made them available but just didn't tell anybody...

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

There are at least 3 other Investigations running and you can read
their Reports via the Net, please excuse that they do not invited
Snake-Oil Busby, Arnie Gundershill and H-ysterical Caldicott!

Everything comes in their Time, just wait a bit for a more liked
Investigation, in Chernobyl ca. 20 Years was needed, in TMI afair 13.!

Fukushima happened just ca. 1045 Days ago!

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Since the Japan task force assigned to study the problem doesn't think Tepco should be in charge of the decommissioning, I can't say I've studied the problem as closely as them to say they are wrong, and based on what I do know of events, their recommendation makes sense to me.

Also if you've ever worked for any large corporation in a public relations role, you would probably have received instructions from the board to not admit to too much, so as not to increase the corporation's liabilities any further; in other words you would receive instructions to limit disclosure to the extent you think you can get away with to limit liability, which I think almost any corporation would do when faced with huge liabilities from a disaster, not just Tepco.

This is one reason it makes sense to me to not have Tepco in charge, as there is an apparent conflict of interest. Now to what extent their report contains whitewash the reader must decide for themselves and I will admit I don't know the true extent, but this is some background to put such allegations in perspective, from the very task force in Japan assigned to look into this matter.

Yes, exactly - public relations rules what is said publicly - they are experts at glossing over/away from hardcore facts and giving the impression that they really told you something when they really didn't all to protect their liabilities, reputation and culpability.

Several experts have said Tepco should NOT be in charge, that they are just an operations company and not nuclear experts or engineers, hence duct tape... Tepco is left there to deal/not deal with this instead of an en masse of global experts coming up with a plan to prevent further problems (like contaminating all the ground water - oops, too late!) and containing the water (oops - too late for that too!)

As for Tepco's report, I encourage you to listen to Steven Starr's summary of documents from NOAA, the numbers are staggering! Is an excellent, clear, fast paced (real) run down of what's happened and happening. (the link is in my previous post above)
edit on 19-1-2014 by wishes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Human0815

Everything comes in their Time, just wait a bit for a more liked
Investigation, in Chernobyl ca. 20 Years was needed, in TMI afair 13.!

Fukushima happened just ca. 1045 Days ago!

Perhaps when you have as many credentials, experience and education as Busby, Gunderson or Caldicott you can actually challenge them on what they have said, which to date you have not - you only call them names. Exactly "what" has any of them said that is inaccurate?

As for Busby and snake oil - he doesn't have any affiliation with the products he promoted and made a statement saying so in response to this nonsense. He believes people should be taking iodine to help prevent thyroid cancer because...... of Fukushima!!! That doesn't make him a snake oil salesman or his education and expertise one iota less. And even if he did sell iodone, so what? He didn't cause a meltdown to make money, lol. It has nothing to do with Fukushima other than our need to react and prepare for its poison.

Is an easy distraction to just call educated and trained experts names in an attempt to discredit their contribution and knowledge - they're all far more educated than me and everyone else I'm aware of on ATS. Exactly "what" have these educated and experienced people said that is inaccurate or untrue?

If you're waiting for Tepco to come out with the truth, lololololol.... don't hold your breath!

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by wishes

Where do you get "Tepcos People are not Engineers" from?
Arnie Gundershill again?

From all the Nuclear Companies here in Japan
Tepco employed the best!

As long as you don't know
the Structure of their Workforce as long you should be not that loud,
educate yourself first, don't make mistakes and be noisy
after your chain of Arguments is Bulletproof!

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Human0815
reply to post by wishes

Where do you get "Tepcos People are not Engineers" from?
Arnie Gundershill again?

From all the Nuclear Companies here in Japan
Tepco employed the best!

As long as you don't know
the Structure of their Workforce as long you should be not that loud,
educate yourself first, don't make mistakes and be noisy
after your chain of Arguments is Bulletproof!

Tepco is an operations company and has been said by several experts THEY are not equipped to handle this and should be taken over by more qualified people. It is WAY over their heads and beyond their capabilities. Would be nice if you would come up with some bona fide examples of where these experts have erred or lied as has been asked several times now instead of just calling them names - it raises a credibility issue.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

wishes
I think this presentation outshines Tepco's 'update' by a mile:

www.youtube.com...

Japan Gov't Lies, Deceit and Death, A Lecture by Steven Starr, Director of the Clinical Laboratory Science Program at the University of Missouri, October 2013

from documents available at public.sos.noaa.gov... - documents are deeply buried in the US Gov't Agency NOAA - they made them available but just didn't tell anybody...
Why would you want to share that bastardized version of Steven Starr's presentation instead of the real presentation? Starr is referring to powerpoint slides to illustrate what he is talking about, but instead of showing those, the video displays things like "I'm not an expert, but...blah blah blah" which is not what Starr is talking about. Here is the actual presentation by Starr, where the slides are visible instead of being obscured by "I'm not an expert blah blah blah" stuff:

Starr notes that reports from Tepco and the Japanese government should be viewed with skepticism since they didn't even admit to the meltdowns until 2 months after thy happened. He also talks about the extreme toxicity of cesium from Fukushima and Chernobyl and how doctors around Chernobyl are pressured to not make diagnoses which link illnesses to radiation, and discusses a paper by a scientist from Belarus who did this and was jailed.

He also shows some graphics of the radioactive plume in 2011 going over Tokyo, which he presumes the American government shared with the Japanese government, but the Japan government apparently didn't share with the Japanese people. I hadn't seen that before, but it might explain why there was so much radioactive sewage in Tokyo, which I didn't understand at first.

He also talks about the consequences of Japan raising the allowable amount of radiation for an area to be inhabited by 2000% (from 1mSV to 20mSV), and how many illnesses like cancers are expected to increase as a result, especially for young children. So when people talk about the lack of deaths from Fukushima, Starr is not disputing the lack of deaths, rather, he is pointing out the illnesses which have been observed as a result of Chernobyl and which we can presume will also occur in the contaminated areas which Japan still allows people to inhabit after raising the "habitable" level of radiation by 2000%. Moreover, he points out problems with the assumptions made that in these 2000% more contaminated areas, that radiation doses are distributed uniformly throughout the body, when research indicates this is not the case because it can become more concentrated in certain tissues. He says this is a global problem and not just Japan.

He's an anti-nuke guy, but he also points out the other problem that we have to deal with even if there were never any nuclear accidents, which is that high level radioactive contaminants need to be isolated from ecosystems for over 100,000 years (we have no idea how to do this, or should I say any ideas are unproven as nobody has run a 100,000 year test, but it's pretty obvious manmade structures typically don't last anywhere near that long).

Human0815

The article I cited said it was a Japanese task force created by Japan's ruling party who recommended Tepco shouldn't be in charge. The article didn't mention Gunderson or the others so why are you bringing them up?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I just want to toss a note in here as someone who has been following this since day 1 and really dove headfirst into it back at the beginning....

It's great to say TEPCO lies, but how? Where? What is the alternate truth to show their lie? All that's critically important in my view..

From a strictly factual basis and removing all hyperbole and emotion from this topic entirely? TEPCO isn't working in a quiet corner, out of sight. Anyone here, with enough in a checking account, can have a custom satellite photo pass made for them of the Fuku facility. Not copies of file stuff...YOUR OWN set, taken for you. A couple companies do 'by-order' high resolution satellite photo runs and news organizations often make the revenue for those places, for example.

I've never personally caught TEPCO in an outright lie. Not once. Not 1. Lie by OMISSION? Oh...yeah... They are masters on carefully choosing what is and isn't addressed ...what is and isn't talked about. However, that applies to everyone, right down to you and me. Do average people talk themselves down to the dirt while trying to describe themselves to others? I wouldn't expect TEPCO to be the source of "And if this goes wrong....RUN!!" talk...tho they never quite say that is NOT accurate for one possible outcome, either.

This is among a few stories I think it requires personal, serious and ongoing attention to reading what is out there to really follow well.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Lying by omission is absolutely lying and is a very serious offense when it's something that affects millions, even billions of lives. Sure, lots of people lie by omission at times - this scenario (I think) makes lying by omission inexcusable and adds to their overall lack of transparency for many reasons. Blowing up all that radiation and then 'omitting' information should be a criminal offense.

The original Japan Declares Nuclear Emergency has several examples of Tepco outright lying documented. I will ask one of the contributors to see if they can find some examples. One of the problems that continues to pop up is that older sources become no longer available but I'm sure there are still examples reachable.

That video I posted yesterday from Steven Starr (University of Missouri) refers to NOAA documents and gives numerous examples of Tepco's 'omitted' information on what's been blown up and it's impact.

And in all fairness to Tepco - I believe they are the scapegoat and have been given no option but to be the face and front line for criticism and bear the brunt of all this while their 'superiors' remain in the shadows and are likely having a good laugh at everyone's expense and problems. However, it is within every human being to know and do the right thing - a few have and they get ostracized, have to hide, etc. because being a whistle blower puts your life (and your family's life) on the line, literally. So for that I fault each and every person involved in Fukushima who knows better and does not speak up and instead looks the other way lest they make a wave. If enough spoke up who knows, maybe it would actually get noticed...

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Why would you want to share that bastardized version of Steven Starr's presentation instead of the real presentation? Starr is referring to powerpoint slides to illustrate what he is talking about

Because I didn't know of the other video and because I came across that one and thought it was worth sharing because the information (I think) is very valuable and credible. Thank you for posting the original.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
As in all things it depends on who you want to believe: Some of the lung cancer rates blamed on smoking for the lat 70 years was actually due to all the atmospheric nuclear testing according to some of the stuff I have read... Is smoking good... No, but it is not the sole cancer causing killer that has been pushed. To many people died who never smoked and will continue to do so probably at an elevated rate due to FUKUSHIMA... 50,000 trillion Becquerels released so far and more on the way everyday

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by wishes

The original Japan Declares Nuclear Emergency has several examples of Tepco outright lying documented. I will ask one of the contributors to see if they can find some examples. One of the problems that continues to pop up is that older sources become no longer available but I'm sure there are still examples reachable.

When the examples are there to see...and I, as well as others can INDEPENDENTLY CONFIRM they are lies (which should be quick enough once a solid example sits with data to run with) then I'll say we're getting somewhere.

Until then...If I had a nickle for every story where "conventional wisdom" of belief rests on the fact something is simply commonly accepted and believed? I wouldn't be in school...I'd be on a Beach in Tonga...enjoying a beer and watching the surf roll in.

*Lie by omission of information is something, I noted, we are all guilty of. Every human being that communicates...lies by omission. Another term is judgement for what to say ...or personal concepts of relevance which genuinely vary from one perspective to another. If my wife asks if she's fat in 'that dress' (and she does that day?), then I simply answer 'I've always loved that dress on you and you look beautiful!'....I've lied by omission, even though what else I said was true. How we define that to dishonesty can also be in the eye of the beholder as well.

I don't trust TEPCO as a sole source of information by *ANY* means ...but I DO generally take what they choose to say as part of the narrative, when taken with other sources that helpfully fill in what TEPCO often leaves for those others to do it with.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join