It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reconsidering Scotland's Past

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Heedbanger

Thanks Heedbanger!

You have to give credit where it's due, that was one extremely clever document!

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by beansidhe

In my research I have found indications that the Thracians (red men originally from Thrace, who migrated North) living in Scotland where transported to North America by Odin I of Denmark (Votan in Native lore) around 1000 BCE.

It is my opinion that most of the red skinned Native Americans (Inuit excluded) originate from the area of present day Scotland just prior to their guided migration to the new world under Odin I; 3000 years ago. It might add to the correlation between Picts and Native Americans and the similarities between the two seemingly disconnected groups.

Great thread, there is far more historical significance to the area of Scotland then modern historical accounts offer to disclose.

God Bless,

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

Thanks Elohim!

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Heedbanger

A typical invented 'origin myth' - no different and no more real that Geoffrey of Monmouth's assertion that the British were Trojans who came here led by Brutus (after whom Britain was named) and founded Nova Troy, modern day London.

These days we know better. The British and Irish returned to these Isles 12,000 years ago after 'wintering' in what is now the Basque country. Many people have arrived since in varying numbers, but even the so-called Anglo-Saxon invasion is these days considered largely a myth. There's never been any wholescale replacement of one peoples with another.

Stephen Oppenheimer's Origins of the British is a good, though in places difficult, read.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

The Picts and other early peoples of Western Europe were African. The genetic signature for Europeans didn't appear until 6-7k years ago.

There is an effort to avoid these facts.

www.sciencedaily.com...
news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Pict86

Thanks Pict86, I'll have a read of those just now. There are some horrible agendas certainly, and the Picts have been slandered for a long time. Wherever they came from is fine with me, I'm always keen to learn more about Scotland's past

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Pict86

The Picts and other early peoples of Western Europe were African. The genetic signature for Europeans didn't appear until 6-7k years ago.

www.sciencedaily.com...

While what you claim may indeed be true, the neolithic monuments you are talking about in Scotland are well within the time-frame for a European basis, as they are younger than the 6000-7000 year timescale you have mentioned. Unfortunately this does not constitute proof that the Picts were African, although they do share similarities in artwork and motifs with some Northern African cultures.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Pict86

www.sciencedaily.com...

I'm not aware of any specific research for a recent African origin for the Picts, nor indeed anything to suggest that they were any different from the other Brythonic (Welsh) speaking tribes living in modern day Scotland in Roman times?

DNA research is constantly advancing, but I believe the current thinking is that our (ie Britons - which includes the Picts) ancestors left Africa ~50ka, spent the worst part of the last Glacial in Turkey and then migrated to Britain via Iberia ~12ka (though I prefer the idea that at least some of us simply left Britain at the start of the last Glacial and went for a long holiday in Iberia before returning - perhaps with friends they met from Turkey?)

There certainly is more recent African DNA in some Britons though and I'm inclined to believe that's a Roman legacy and proof we've always been a multi-racial, tolerant, people who don't give a damn about the colour of anyone's skin

Of course, there have always been other groups arriving in Britain and, unlike many other countries, once they arrive they tend to stay. Some say this is because there was nowhere else to go. I say it's because once you reached the bestest place on Earth why would you move on to anywhere lesser?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join