It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Draft is knocking gently at the door for now.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamIronMan

Originally posted by Samhain

I think our government has ordered our troops into an illegal war.id like our armed forces to go tell bush and cheney to go #@&! themselves. This is my country too,and im More than willing to fight and die for it,im just trying to figure out who my enemy is.

I really don't think that the majority of our troops would tell their commander in chief to go #@&! themself. If im not mistaken, our troops backed bush something like 4 to 1 in this past election. If you ask the troops in Iraq now, they might not think the war is about what it was intentionally about, finding WMD's, ousting saddam, etc, but they still back their commander in chief 100%. They are only doing what they are told.

[edit on 11/21/2004 by IamIronMan]

thomas why is (iamiornman) able to quote a message with symbols re-Phrasing curse words and again incldes the same in his message and no warning but u have warn me?

If u are indeed the moderator u need to be neautral.....I want my points back/////

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Here's the Articles of Impeachment. People are already signing on to the pitition that is being emailed around and past around. Maybe it will happen,.......... we can only pray that it does,.............. but then maybe it won't happen.

Articles of Impeachment for
President George W. Bush,
Vice President Richard B. Cheney,
and Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld
for high crimes and misdemeanors.
[Prepared by Phil Burk. Last updated November 15th, 2004.]
Resolved, that President George W. Bush, Richard B. Cheney, and Donald H. Rumsfeld be impeached for high crimes and misdemeanors, and that the following articles of impeachment be exhibited to the United States Senate:

Articles of impeachment exhibited by the House of Representatives of the United States of America in the name of itself and of the people of the United States of America, in maintenance and support of its impeachment against President George W. Bush and his team for high crimes and misdemeanors.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article I
In his conduct while President of the United States, George W. Bush, in violation of his constitutional oath faithfully to execute the office of President of the United States and, to the best of his ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, and in violation of his constitutional duty to take care that the laws be faithfully executed, has conspired to exceed his constitutional authority to wage war, in that:
On March 19, 2003, George W. Bush invaded the sovereign country of Iraq in direct defiance of the United Nations Security Council. This constitutes a violation of Chapter 1, Article 2 of the United Nations Charter and a violation of Principal VI of the Nuremberg Charter. According to Article VI of the United States Constitution "This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land;". George W. Bush has thus acted in violation of the supreme Law of the Land by the following acts:

Invading Iraq with United States military forces.
Sacrificing the lives of hundreds of American soldiers.
Killing tens of thousands of Iraqi civilians and conscripts.
Rejecting possibilities for peaceful resolution of the conflict by rejecting acts of compliance by Saddam Hussein with the United Nations Resolutions, and ignoring the findings by Hans Blix that inspections were working to disarm Iraq.

www.impeachbush.tv...

[edit on 22-11-2004 by nanna_of_6]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Kix, you seem to be very badly mistaken. Bush was warning of the economic woes during his bid for office. Many people saw it coming. Guess what? IT came. After we were attacked, it got worse. Thanks to tax cuts, it�s recovered. Were another round of cuts occur, were the politicians to slow down on spending, things would be a bit better still.
I�m glad all cowards and draft dodgers are welcome in Mexico, but are you certain of this? It seems to me you guys are trying to offload people, not take people in!

Nans, I�ve already spent time in the service. They will not take me back due to injuries; else wise I�d be already gone.
Your Dad served in Korea? How about that? My father spent 22 years in service, was in Korea and Vietnam and has the exact opposite opinion your father does. Looks like it makes no difference, huh? Unless you count my father�s career as trumping yours. Fact of the matter, it makes no difference.
You are doing nothing but spewing the same old crap, �Iraq did nothing to us�. You seem to be able to ignore important facts in order to hold your position. Hold your position, proudly stick out your chest and proclaim you have good reason to stand against the U.S. but you and I know the truth.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Seed, there is a difference between AB*D and !@#$, do you copy?

As far as the large quotations, I'm cleaning them up now, and am sending pm's to people, just as I SENT A PRIVATE MESSAGE TO! Are you trying to be discourteous, or are you trying to be a trouble-making troll?

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by nanna_of_6
America----- Home of the Free and land of the brave,.......... we're not free not when the Gov't owns us,......... and I don't call what Bush did by attacking Iraq, a country that WAS NOT a Threat to us and had NO part in the attack on our Nation,.......... brave. How can we have pride in our Nation when Bush took us to war on lies,

You and others like you keep saying that Iraq was in no way part of the attacks in 9/11..... Do you know who attacked us?....and who keeps saying they will continue to attack us?.....who was it that attacked Spain and other countries?..... Let me help you out since you still don't seem to understand it..... I don't mean all Arabs...but Islamic extremists....and Iraq was/is one of the nations that has/had train/trained Islamic extremists...Saddam threatened the U.S.

Saddam paid families of suicide bombers for killing Jewish people, you know that there are American Jewish too don't you?...or do you prefer just to forget and leave to themselves all Jewish people?..... like some members in here keep saying....

And the government owns you?.....You keep typing, bashing away at your president, yes he is your president, and doing everything you have been doing all your life, no?.... The government is making you bash it away at every opportunity you have?.... Is a government agent pointing a gun at you and telling you not to do this or that? and keep bashing the government?.....no?..... Then you have more freedoms than most people in this Earth...

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I�m currently 20 years old and attending college. If a draft was instated, I would proudly go and fight and possibly die for my country wherever I was needed. It�s the price I am willing to pay to live in a country with all of the freedoms that we are afforded. Bush�s decision to go to war was brave, in my opinion. It takes more courage to do what is right in the face of adversity than it does to take a hands off approach and say that it is not our problem, when clearly it is.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Nanna,
News Flash!!! Kerry lost!!! Give up already. Talk about sore losers. I'm not even a Republican and I'm sick of it. I'm a third generation Democrat and right now I'm ashamed of our party. We've been taken over by a bunch of nuts. We'll be lucky if we get 40% of the vote next time, unless we distance ourselves from these extremists. What your really talking about is a coup d'�tat not an impeachment.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I was talking with a friend tother day about the draft, and if it came what would we do. We both agreed that we would simply throw away the paper and go on ahead with our lives, and thats exactly what i will do, if they want me they'll know where to find me!
On a serious note we have thousands of alphabets (CIA,FBI,ATFaggots,DEA,NSA,ABC and XYZ) and they have nothing to do but spy on us and infrindge our GOD given rights. Go send those sons of bi##### over there, they think they are so tuff kicking in doors in the middle of the night and, shooting innocent mothers holding their babies. Yep I think we have found a good year of cannon fodder for the front.

kix

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Thomas, really my post was itended as a joke since we both know the inmigration Problem has been totally IGNORED by Dubya Administration, guess what? all Latinamerica was and its against the Iraq Invasion (did you see the 4 four days of manigfestations in Chile?) (please dont insult my inteligence saying those are Kerry supporters......they dont hate the US just the government...but I guess that was not aired in your "free" T.V.

Also I am NOT mistake old PAPA BUSH LIED about taxes nad that was one of the main reasends the Clinton Era started...
I guess all Us citizens saw it coming the 7.4 trillion deficit from a surplus, I mean after seeing the fiasco of the previous Bush Administration YEAH THEY SAW IT COMING like a locomotive going off the tracks, the problems is that NOW is derrailed and no one knows where it will end? Do you know when the deficit will stop, when the war on "terror" will end? let be more simplistic...when the flux of illegal aliens will end????
Thsi thread is about the draft and in the so called WAR (its an invasion) that has no end in sight how much $$$$ will be spent?, how more lives will be lost, if the US gets in a bad situation or the conflict escalates beyond iraqui frontiers, are you sure GWB will adhere to his PROMISE NOT TO BEGIN A DRAFT????

Let me advance the tape for you a few months........there will be a draft and all that reject it will be called cowards and signaled, anti american and so....MAN THE TRUE MARK OF THE BEAST IS UPON US!!

P.D. and I am not a apocaliptic believer or religion nut, but we are going exactly in that direction....

His father was a lier and so is him.... WMD?????? oh yaeh sure nerf water guns filled with Tabasco sauce!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Nanna,
News Flash!!! Kerry lost!!! Give up already. Talk about sore losers. I'm not even a Republican and I'm sick of it. I'm a third generation Democrat and right now I'm ashamed of our party. We've been taken over by a bunch of nuts. We'll be lucky if we get 40% of the vote next time, unless we distance ourselves from these extremists. What your really talking about is a coup d'�tat not an impeachment.

News Flash to you!!!!!!!!!!!! How I feel about the way Bush & Cheney have been running our country has NOTHING to do with being a DEMOCRAT, nor has it have anything to do with Kerry losing,........... he lost,......... big frick-en deal.

I do not like the way they are LEADING our Nation,.......... I do not trust either of them, their smirking all the time, Bush making a joke of no WMDs, even if he was suppose to be making fun of hisself, what he did was in very poor taste,.........., their "windows" show no soul and to try and tell the citizens of the US, that he counselled with GOD as to go or not to go to war on Iraq and GOD told him what to do,............ is damning in it's self for Bush's soul. Bush said that every human-being has a right to life and no one has the right to destroy that life, but then he orders an invasion on Iraq and kills over 100,000 citizens,.............. so much for his right to life bull-crap.
I know, I know, war has casualties. President Bush, said it had to be done,........... but that don't mean I have to like this war or support it or Bush/Cheney.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by geocom
�����
I am still on the Individual Ready Reserve List
does that mean that we go back first ����
there won�t be a draft but you still might go back�you�re already trained. And they have already used some IRR also used them in the last gulf.

Originally posted by geocom
�����..I am sure that you
Marines will note my fathers disapointment when I joined the Army.
(he was still Proud that I served)
����.
I�m quite sure that not only was he not disappointed�. I�m pretty sure that he was proud and fearful �.. Although he was probably hoping there was a marine outfit nearby to keep you out of trouble
couldn�t help it sorry.

[edit on 22-11-2004 by keholmes]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
...................... He wants my son dead, my friedns, tot...and he uses deception and lies better than any enemy ever before. Find some courage and stand behind the nation. Quit whining every step of the way.
alright tc the election is over you can stop pointing out kerrys flaws

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Just a quick question... Where is this Draft that Bush and Co. were supposed to implement almost a year ago?? It seemed inevitable according to many on here... well... I'm still sitting on my couch watching tv and havne't recieved a draft slip in the mail....

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
A most excellent read here:

This is quite obvious, except for the fact that most of the media seems asphyxiated with defeatism. The message from most journalists would lead you to believe that we soldiers are getting out, that no one is joining anew and that we want to stop fighting. This simply isn't true.
Yes, recruitment is lower, but the caliber of those who are signing up and the rates of re-enlistment are both extremely high. All 10 of our major combat divisions are ahead of expectations for retention of soldiers. In my unit, there are soldiers who specifically went active duty from the reserves because they want to go to Iraq or Afghanistan.

And...

Like I said earlier, though, the striking fact I see every day is that the soldiers who are joining now are of much higher caliber than those who joined before September 11. The senior commandant of the Marines recently testified before Congress that the same is happening with them. There maybe fewer than before, but those that do show up are willing and dedicated to being deployed and going to combat. These are also the types who are re-enlisting more than ever before. In fact, re-enlistment is up to 130 percent of expectations in some divisions.
My wife is in the National Guard. Theirs is an interesting experience right now in that there have been more casualties by accidents and reckless behavior off-duty than in Iraq and Afghanistan. Why are protesters not upset about that? Sadly it appears that much of the media are obsessed with defeatism. Even the message of the protesters — contradictory, false and confused as ever — is made front-page headline news every day. The few people they can exploit to push this defeatist agenda are made to appear to speak for all of us. That just isn't true.
Contrary to all the bad news, I see everyday that our soldiers are motivated and eager to contribute and participate in our nation's military missions. This is a very proud and important time to be serving. Considering that out of a population of 285 million, less than one-tenth of one percent are going to war right now, and considering the huge impact we are having on the world, this is a wonderful time to be a soldier in the U.S. Army.

'Wonderful time to be a soldier'

Simple commentary by one of those less than one-tenth of one percent, nothing more.

As for the draft coming back, consider this: it has come before the Congress/House twice and was voted down overwhelming, twice.

seekerof

[edit on 27-8-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I must ask, where does the fed coats even gain the authority to install a draft? I did not see any mention of it in the constitution at all. From what I understand all gov't role is to merely protect life, liberty and property. I understand that some force of arms is needed to protect those necessities but it seems to me that should come in the form of volunteers and even more inportantly, militia!

Also to state my point further the 13th amendment not only outlaws slavery but also "involuntary servitude" Isn't a draft exactly that- involuntary servitude?

XPO

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Kentuctian (nice spelling by the way) , now I always thought that militia were around to defend and protect us from others, what do they have to do with war such as this? Would they want to fight for a president they don't like or agree with any more than we as everyday people would?

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Marg,

I really hope u are wrong. But evidence of what u say is out there. I read about 10-20 K people trained to work in the draft. I also believe the max age has been raised to 39.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Bush doesn't have the support to get a draft atm. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Also I like the idea someone posted about sending republican's children sounds like a great idea. Since as one other person posted someone in thier family has served in every war since world war 2 what a waste since America hasn't fought a war to protect our freedom since WWII that's the truth I know it hurts. So send off the republicans kids to war creatinism must run in the genes let Iraq purge them.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiRtYDeViL
Bush doesn't have the support to get a draft atm.

Sadly mistaken.
You must have been meaning to say that it is Rangel, and those few other Democrats advocating bringing back the draft, that do not have the support, atm?

Brought forth twice, and easily voted down twice.
Rangel draft bill voted down, 402-2

seekerof

[edit on 28-8-2005 by Seekerof]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join