It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madeleine McCann Cops Poised to Make Arrests in Her Disappearance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Madeleine McCann Cops Poised to Make Arrests in Her Disappearance

London police appear poised to make arrests in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, the girl who was 3 when she vanished while on a Portuguese vacation with her family nearly seven years ago.

The arrests of a trio of alleged burglars who had been active in the neighborhood would be the result of Operation Grange, the reopening of the McCann investigation three years ago.

"We can confirm that a second International Letter of Request has been sent to the Portuguese authorities by the Crown Prosecution Services this week... in connection with Operation Grange,'' Scotland Yard told ABC News in a statement. The authorities would not discuss any further details.

The McCann family spokesman refused to comment about the investigation.

"I'm afraid we are saying nothing about any aspect of Operation Grange whilst the police work continues, least of all about any tabloid speculation surrounding it,'' the spokesman told ABC News.

Scotland Yard is reportedly working with Portuguese police to find, detain and question three men believed to be burglars who were operating in the area where Madeleine and her family were on vacation in Portugal.

After pouring over records containing hundreds of cell phone numbers used during the time Maddie vanished, police found a high number of calls were made between these men in the hours after her disappearance.

Click link above for remainder of article...

Hopefully this will result in locating Madeleine and the arrest and prosecution of those behind her disappearance. She has been missing for 7 years now and I think the family has done a good job keeping her name in the media after all these years.

/crosses fingers for a good outcome...

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I pray they get her and hope she hasn't been mistreated in any way
Her family must be out of their mind after all this time, looking for her, waiting for her return

My fingers are crossed too....
Thank goodness they haven't given up searching

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   

On pure speculation, my guess is the McCann girl was swooped up and traded on the trafficing market. Hopefully leads were found and this comes to an end for this family.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

ownbestenemy

On pure speculation, my guess is the McCann girl was swooped up and traded on the trafficing market. Hopefully leads were found and this comes to an end for this family.

The trafficking topic has been discussed before.. Question for anyone from Europe -

Is child trafficking a major issue in Europe? I don't hear much about that topic in US media when in relation to European stories.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   

That is why I only speculate on this disappearance and hope that what ever information is about to be presented is contrary to such. For all we know, it could be a robbery gone wrong.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   

ownbestenemy

That is why I only speculate on this disappearance and hope that what ever information is about to be presented is contrary to such. For all we know, it could be a robbery gone wrong.

My trafficking comment was not meant as "we discussed it before and don't need to here". I just meant ive seen it discussed in relation to this case yet I never have figured out the background to child trafficking in Europe. Its part of the story that US media doesn't really talk about.

Was more curious if anyone from that neck of the world could share more info about it.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
The reopening of this girls case all began with the gypsy parents taking care of the of the blue eyed young girl which led to the supposed suspects of the Macann case. So I'm just curious what their proof is that these guys are involved with her case that their not disclosing. It's been 7 years, and there are no clue as to her where about.
edit on 14-1-2014 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

In Europe there is a bit of a problem with child trafficking, mainly done by gipsies, but, governments won't do anything about them because they will claim that they are victims of racism and stuff...

But in this case (Madeleine Mccann), if it was a kidnapping, why didn't they take her 2 siblings as well? They are younger and more easy to trade.

I think the true culprit in this case are her parents.

Why? You ask.

They drugged their kids, so they can go to a little party.
They had a key to the local chapel (capela da luz), that is weird, and they where conspicuous with the local priest as well.
The chapel was doing renovations at that time, and on that night, a hole was filled with cement, and the priest refused to let the police scan the place with ground radars (what is he hiding? The arc of the covenant?).
Tracking dogs found traces of the girl around the chapel as well.
The parents still do stuff to try to find their daughter even after so many years after her disappearance. (This one can be a bit of a stretch, but normally, most parents stopped advertising their kidnapped kids after 2 or 3 years, but they are still going on, for me, that is suspicious. I think they are trying to look like they are worried and for people to don't look at them as culprits)

My sources, i am from Portimão, a city just a few km from Praia da Luz, and i know the place well because i used to dive fishing there.

In conclusion, the parents and the priest are the ones to blame.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Neph89

In Europe there is a bit of a problem with child trafficking, mainly done by gipsies, but, governments won't do anything about them because they will claim that they are victims of racism and stuff...

But in this case (Madeleine Mccann), if it was a kidnapping, why didn't they take her 2 siblings as well? They are younger and more easy to trade.

Why? You ask.

They had a key to the local chapel (capela da luz), that is weird, and they where conspicuous with the local priest as well.
The chapel was doing renovations at that time, and on that night, a hole was filled with cement, and the priest refused to let the police scan the place with ground radars (what is he hiding? The arc of the covenant?).
The parents still do stuff to try to find their daughter even after so many years after her disappearance. (This one can be a bit of a stretch, but normally, most parents stopped advertising their kidnapped kids after 2 or 3 years, but they are still going on, for me, that is suspicious. I think they are trying to look like they are worried and for people to don't look at them as culprits)

My sources, i am from Portimão, a city just a few km from Praia da Luz, and i know the place well because i used to dive fishing there.

I very much doubt they will ever find her, this is just smoke and mirrors to detract from the parents. Go and have a dig at the background to this.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
awesome police work.

If you were a burglar in the area at the time and you happened to kidnap a little girl!?!.. maybe a good idea to flee...cause the popo are coming to get you... in a few days!

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Agit8dChop
awesome police work.

If you were a burglar in the area at the time and you happened to kidnap a little girl!?!.. maybe a good idea to flee...cause the popo are coming to get you... in a few days!

They are probably already watching them to see if that's what they try to do. When the police tell the public they are about to make arrests its because they want to observe how the suspects react or flush them out.

edit on 14-1-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Neph89

Why? You ask.

I agree with the parents being to blame, just a gut instinct based on what we've been told...allowed to know, and what I've observed of the parents.
I dont usualy allow myself to be influenced in this way, but something about this whole case stinks! There's just so many questions that have not been answered and so many loose ends.

In the OP it says police have found that a group of known burglars made an unusual amount of calls? Shouldn't that have been spotted within days? Why has that taken so long?

This case still stinks.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
From all the reporting of facts in relation to this case as opposed to speculation, the blame to attach to the parent s would be for leaving the children alone, that in itself is inexcusable and I have no doubt whatever the outcome they will carry that burden for the rest of their lives.

Who actually took Madeline McCann is a different issue and hopefully the far more proficient and patient UK Police will win through on the case.

WRT child trafficking in UK, the average reality TV show watching coach potato in the UK would not know a case of child trafficking if there was I a placard being carried by the traffickers. Open borders within the EU have meant that for these despicable criminals the chances of being caught are negligible. Whether the child is being trafficked to aid child prostitution and sexual abuse, for the illicit adoption market, to aid fiscal fraud and multi claims in a succession of EU countries or for worse as The Torso in the Thames case illustrated, it goes on and is more widespread than people think.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
It has become my impression that the elites are into such things as buying abusing, and disposing of children for sexual,or other purposes.....
In fact the higher the hierarchical position one holds, the better the chances that they may be engaged in such persuits.
The judicial,police,and government officials tainted by this behavior,are an indication of how humans become addicted to power.
The child trafficking laws should result in instant death sentences handed out for those convicted of any involvement at all.....
So many child abuse situations have been laid at the door of those who actually wield some authority that this criteria is a give away.
The police are restrained by those involved because they can do so with impugnity.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Human trafficking is a big problem world wide. It isn't reported a lot because what is there to report unless they catch the culprits? There are plenty of websites, books, and research that talks about the enormity of this problem. It is a clandestine practice and The FBI (at minimum) has investigative units for this purpose only (uncover these rings). If you've crossed an international boarder with kids you may find they ask the children some questions - which are meant to elicit a spontaneous response (they are supposed to look for this).

I agree with the poster above - I think the reason this leaked to the media is to watch their behavior - or they are looking at someone else entirely, and are using it as a distraction. They almost have to use the media because they can be irresponsible - not thinking how reporting may get a someone like this killed or more well hidden.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
If only the portugese police looked at the CCTV cameras in the area. That would have shed some light on the situation. But unfortunately they didn't and the recordings erased after a length of time.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

the original story which I believe was in 'The Mirror', has come from a source 'close to the' McCanns. The police have never confirmed they are looking for 3 suspects or going to arrest them.

The McCann's PR team is adept at churning out these stories to keep the abduction myth alive. Yes a letter of request has been sent from SY to Portugal, SY themselves have confirmed this, the letter could relate to a variety of things, they have not confirmed anything about arrests, why would they give suspects a head start in getting away and why would someone close to the McCanns , leak this info and give the supposed suspects a head start either?

it makes no sense unless you see that these stories are coming from the MCCann's themselves , the tell tale sign is that the stories always come from an anonymous source.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

They did look at footage in the area, at least one hotel had erased it's footage and there were no cameras particularly close to the apartment anyway. portugal doesn't have extensive CCTV due to attitudes relating to the right wing regime it was under for years.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Neph89

I am starting to believe that the parents were also behind the Girl kidnapping. Like you said why her but not her siblings?

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
You've only got to look at the actual crime stats collected on Child Abduction, Child Murder and Burglaries in Western Countries to see how unlikely it would be for a Burglar who works a profitable patch to suddenly move into unpremeditated child abduction.

Child Abduction/Murder is usually a predatory pedophile whose sexual desire exceeds judgement (and is therefore caught) or involves someone known to the child with adequate access to hide their involvement.

Given that 2 other children weren't abducted, I think this case screams organised child abuse/abduction or cover-up given the (legally admissible) evidence of the Cadaver and Blood dogs.

If the official investigation finds that it was just a group of burglars who decided to make a risky change of MO I'll sceptically accept but this means that by definition of outcome; those kids in the McCanns apartment were not safe, therefore the McCanns are negligent and responsible.

top topics

join