It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How intelligent are aliens and how exotic are their technologies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
We have always heard of stories of how aliens are incredibly smart, and how advanced their technology is.
Now, my question is are aliens really much smarter then us? Or do they appear smarter due to their head start
in technology and education. I would assume the first aliens appeared millions of years before humans appear.
This is similar to how modern humans would be viewed upon as aliens to tribal people who have no contact whatsoever
with the modern world. Obviously, we are all homo sapiens and our potential for intelligence are the same. But if we say,
flew helicopters above the tribal people, they will view us as gods of some sorts and as a being infinitely more complex
and intelligent then them.

This leads us to the question of what are the upper limits of intelligence? Even within humans, they are varying levels of
intelligence. Human creativity and ingenuity cannot be matched, i might be wrong, but I believe if there is a scale to measure one that there cannot be a more intelligent being in terms of problem solving. A human being is only limited in terms of
gaining experience or knowledge/skills and memory. Even then, there are tales of humans with Super-memory who
can recall every single details of their lives.

Are we as intelligent as aliens? Or are the intelligence of aliens something that we may not even comprehend like a cockroach who notices us, but do not know out intentions. There is a story of a master race of beings called the Annunaki who are aliens and they mated with humans to produce hybrids who are beautiful in looks and display leadership/intelligence superior to normal humans, so there may be some truth to it.

What are your thoughts? Maybe people regarded as "genuises" like Leonardo Da Vinci, Issac Newton, Nikola Tesla, Albert Einstein and the likes, or people who obtain high positions in military or government sectors all have traces of the "alien genes" in them...

Lastly, on what level of technology do you think alien beings are on? Obviously, much advanced then us but have they obtained complete mastery of the Universe? Or are they still an infant inter-galactic race?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Perhaps one should consider not how advanced they are say, "intellectually" or "technologically". I believe in the possibility that some ETs simply do not exist in our realm of reality. See, us little humans are so wrapped up in the importance of ourselves that we create webs of societal complexity which is driving our race insane and the planet with it.

Perhaps these ETs have overcame "ego", and stopped trying to push back against the current of life. Maybe that's why they appear more advanced than us, in every sense of the word.

I've heard ETs do not communicate vocally, they can, but it's clearly unnecessary when you meet one. Many could possibly look very similar to you and I. Also, one of the most fascinating things I've heard was that when you meet one they see you for who you are, your intention - and more importantly they typically accept you for your intentions(considering they're benevolent, anyways) because at one point in their development as a species they we're possibly as hurt, in fear and trapped in their own illusory worlds and forgot that they we're one species, on one planet, in one solar system(etc). Point being, you cant hide anything from them. All your darkness is seen by them, and more importantly all your light. This is probably the reason why they don't reveal themselves, because we've yet to accept ourselves, as a species, as one species, in one big universe.
edit on 14-1-2014 by b3l13v3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by icyboy771z

While I fully support the concept that some alien species could simply have "average" intelligence, and even be less intelligent than we are naturally, we have to consider self directed evolution and augmentation.

Right now, we rely heavily on the computational power and memory storage of our technologies while still maintaining a natural IQ.

Eventually, if projections are accurate, we'll have cognitive prostheses, at first for medically impaired people, but, eventually as enhancement.
Projecting forward, we get greater degrees of 'intelligence', or at least raw, dangling computational power, memory recall, and any apps we might install in our own heads.

This can take the form of biological technologies, or the more commonly imagined machine enhancement.

Further, with technological maturity along that path, we could see people that are entirely synthetic though they were naturally born, and even further, synthetic technologies become so sophisticated they're unidentifiable as artificial.

Following this line of interrogation of the subject, we should then expect a higher probability for synthetic/machine/augmented aliens due the inherent durability and longevity of a synthetic solution in lieu of a more biological approach to space exploration considering the manifold deadly hazards of space travel, however one might imagine such being accomplished compared to the many sundry advantages of artificiality.

edit on 1/14/2014 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Only as intelligent and technologically advanced as we believe them to be as there is no physical prove of them actually existing. That is my opinion.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

ownbestenemy

Only as intelligent and technologically advanced as we believe them to be as there is no physical prove of them actually existing. That is my opinion.

Not even after world governments admits aliens are real? I believe the evidence of them existing is overwhelming.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

icyboy771z

ownbestenemy

Not even after world governments admits aliens are real? I believe the evidence of them existing is overwhelming.

People speaking as if they are real doesn't really present evidence now does it? If world governments state that the people are blue, does that make us blue? If they state that the moon, in which they only have been to, is in fact, made of cheese, is it actually made of cheese?

You do see where the cynicism arises from don't you?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
There should be some stupid ones too, the only reference we currently have is humans, so the chances are that aliens intelligence might vary.
I don't think it is only a matter of evolution and how older their civilization might be, but it is more a matter of opportunities, freedom and well - being of the different supposed societies to give their members the chance to understand nature and it's laws and then use them for inventions and technological achievements.
You see suppressed and tyranical societies ( see middle ages) don't promote thecreation of advanced civilizations.

So although the supposed aliens may have the potential to be super intelligent, some may haven't yet unlock their capabilities. As I believe the same has happened with humans.
Of course I can't even imagine how many advanced civilizations have lived and died, in the vast universe, stars born and die all the time....

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I guess its a bit like asking how tall are unicorns. Until you know they exist its pointless asking for further details about them.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Well consider our planet has only been around for about 4 billion years, while the rest of the universe is estimated to be about 10 billion years older. For those of us who believe there is abundant life out there, they could have as much as a 10 billion year advantage, so given that, their technology capabilities are forgive the pun, light years ahead of us.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Setting aside the fact that no-one has actually encountered intelligent beings from another planet, the hypothetical rests on the definition of "intelligence." Humanity evolved a particular type of thought based on the biochemical material it is composed of in the environment it arose in. Other circumstance may result in the development of different types of organism with different types of cognition. Who, then, is to say that humanity is any smarter than a gigantic sentient mushroom growing on Proxima Centauri B, or vice versa?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Well whatever they are, whatever you want to call them, can accelerate their flying machines from stopped to say 2000 mph in less than a second......all I can say is WOW!

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

The big question you must ask yourself is are the Aliens that we may perhaps (And UFOlogist claim that we do) encounter really alien or are they just older former Earthlings that have left the earth, The individual intelligence of a race whom look after there species and use bio engineering for there own well being will likely be higher than the average intelligence of a human being but as you know brain processing power is not the only factor at work in defining intellect,.
How creative, adaptable and independant are they as individuals in there own species and social groups as a intelligent sheep is still a sheep and thinks with a herd mentallity but if they are individualistic it is likely that individuals with sparks of brilliance brighter than anything yet produced by humanity may exist.
In the real world though it is more likely that even if older as a species there are probabley mundane individuals amongst them whom would not shine out above normal humanity and that there are brilliant humans whom could excell among them but they may have biologically engineered themselves to have more data and memory at hand than we do, how large is there consciousness though (Consciousness not mind), one thing is the structure of the human eye and it's effect on the consciousness it has engendered, we see a small point in detail surrounded by a larger area in reducing detail out to our peripheral range, this limitation of our eyes has some attenuating cultural factors to bear in mind as some societys such as the japanese use there peripheral vision more consciously (it is regarded as rude to look into another persons eyes unless you know them or are there social equal or superior, especially in the dense population of places like Tokyo where personal space can be at a premium), now this small area of awareness focuses our conscious mind and is internally reflected in our neural wiring but what if we increased the size of our visual cortex and expanded this area of sharp focus to the entire field of vision, what psychological and socialogican changes would this engender and how would the increased conscious focus cause our internal consciousness to expand.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
If they exist, they can be less intelligent and slower, but have a couple of million years head start, or they can be younger but extremly quick and smart, how can we know? We are a lot younger than crocodiles but they are not millions of years ahead of us so to speak...
I do not belive our brain is the most advanced in existance but I cant imagen how an intelligence beond what my brain is biologically capable of would be like (Heck, I cant even spell..
) because my brain just cant work it out. It is like explaining pink to a complete collourblind.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I didn;t read the whole rambling monologue but I think its obvious, if they got here they're smarter than us. We can barely get to the moon. Shut this thread down.

icyboy771z
We have always heard of stories of how aliens are incredibly smart, and how advanced their technology is.
Now, my question is are aliens really much smarter then us? Or do they appear smarter due to their head start
in technology and education. I would assume the first aliens appeared millions of years before humans appear.
This is similar to how modern humans would be viewed upon as aliens to tribal people who have no contact whatsoever
with the modern world. Obviously, we are all homo sapiens and our potential for intelligence are the same. But if we say,
flew helicopters above the tribal people, they will view us as gods of some sorts and as a being infinitely more complex
and intelligent then them.

This leads us to the question of what are the upper limits of intelligence? Even within humans, they are varying levels of
intelligence. Human creativity and ingenuity cannot be matched, i might be wrong, but I believe if there is a scale to measure one that there cannot be a more intelligent being in terms of problem solving. A human being is only limited in terms of
gaining experience or knowledge/skills and memory. Even then, there are tales of humans with Super-memory who
can recall every single details of their lives.

Are we as intelligent as aliens? Or are the intelligence of aliens something that we may not even comprehend like a cockroach who notices us, but do not know out intentions. There is a story of a master race of beings called the Annunaki who are aliens and they mated with humans to produce hybrids who are beautiful in looks and display leadership/intelligence superior to normal humans, so there may be some truth to it.

What are your thoughts? Maybe people regarded as "genuises" like Leonardo Da Vinci, Issac Newton, Nikola Tesla, Albert Einstein and the likes, or people who obtain high positions in military or government sectors all have traces of the "alien genes" in them...

Lastly, on what level of technology do you think alien beings are on? Obviously, much advanced then us but have they obtained complete mastery of the Universe? Or are they still an infant inter-galactic race?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Funny how none of the ''i used to work at area xx'' heroes aren't posting any info on this.

new topics

top topics

join