It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retired Policeman shoots and kills a man at a movie theater in Florida over texting / noise

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

crazyewok

zeroBelief

Bristol?

Do the pigeons fly upside down over your neck of the woods, too ?

Just playing around...no harm meant.....

Bristol South West

No Chatham and our pigeons are too fat and stupid to fly

And I am sorry if I came off rude but I do get fed up with (SOME) Americans turning everything in to a pro gun verse Control or UK verse USA when that not the point of my post.
edit on 14-1-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

It's all good, my friend

Honestly, I'm just glad that move to make kitchen knives illegal in UK because of "crimes of passion" seems to have gone the way of the dodo...

And, I'm one of those strange Americans....

Whereas I am all for the *right* to own a gun...I personally chose NOT to own a gun. I tend to get bored, and do REALLY stupid crap when I get bored....so I just know that owning a gun would not be the brightest idea for me

Suffice it to say, I'm probably unique in that I believe the right to own is more important than actually owning. :shrug:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

chiefsmom
But can someone please answer me this?
Who texts a 3 year old? She must be extremely gifted I guess.

I know three year olds that can read write and do more on their computer than many adults! Do you have children?

On topic.
The Cinema that I go to (UK) cured the noise problem a long time ago. They have the volume so loud you cant hear anyone else!

I dont know why people are surprised that this guy was a cop because whenever I see the headline "Someone shot" I always assume it was an american cop who did the shooting. Seeing so many "Murder by cop" reports on ats has lead me to that assumption.
edit on 14-1-2014 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

3u40r15m
Who brings a gun inside a movie theatre to begin with...?

Retired cops that have heard about the Aurora, Colorado theater shootings.

I tend to believe that being a retired cop had more to do with it than just being armed. I have watched plenty of movies in a theater with a gun in my waistband.... never shot anyone.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

At least the Officer has been charged with second-degree murder.

Second degree murder is a joke. Seeing how he was a cop even though retired he has had training to deal with situations like this. He should get the death penalty.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Please explain to me how texting on MY OWN PHONE during a movie bothers ANYONE else?

*SNIP*
edit on 1/16/2014 by Blaine91555 because: Terms and Conditions Violation

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

buster2010

Second degree murder is a joke. Seeing how he was a cop even though retired he has had training to deal with situations like this. He should get the death penalty.

No doubt, 2nd degree murder is a joke. I bet that when they review the security footage from the movie theater, they will discover that the shooter went to his vehicle (to get his gun) rather than complain to an usher. This guy had a chance to walk away, request a refund, etc...Instead, he committed premeditated murder; plain and simple. This should be a capital murder case with all punitive options on the table.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

LeatherNLace

buster2010

No doubt, 2nd degree murder is a joke. I bet that when they review the security footage from the movie theater, they will discover that the shooter went to his vehicle (to get his gun) rather than complain to an usher. This guy had a chance to walk away, request a refund, etc...Instead, he committed premeditated murder; plain and simple. This should be a capital murder case with all punitive options on the table.

He does seem to be getting off easy with the 2nd degree charge. I can see why they are doing it, because they would have to prove that he planned beforehand to kill the guy.
I think he should be punished hard because he was a cop and should be well versed in the law and how it works.

Imagine what an arsehole he must have been when he was wearing a badge....

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HandyDandy

If you have the volume up and it is making all those beeping noises everytime you press a letter or send and recieve a text...then it is my business. I PAID money to see a movie, not to hear your oh so important texts.

If you can't put it on vibrate (or silent), then you probably shouldn't even have a cell phone. And if you are also so engrossed in your fake social life...why are you even paying to see a movie. Stay home.

But one thing I'm sure we can agree on is that this guy went way over the top.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I'm betting that this guy will get a lenient sentence just because of his age. "He's getting senile" or some such. He's not going to enjoy his time in jail...that's for sure.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
It's all part of America's gun fetish culture. You know the Wild Wild West mentality. If some varmint looks at you weird in the saloon you take out your gun and BANG.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

rupertg
It's all part of America's gun fetish culture. You know the Wild Wild West mentality. If some varmint looks at you weird in the saloon you take out your gun and BANG.

Um...ok...sure. But you have it all wrong. These days it's.

As long as you don't bother me reading the paper.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Must we pretend that the guy was shot BECAUSE he was texting? Its not like the shooter crept up behind and executed him. He was asked to put the phone away because it disturbs moviegoers. He chose instead to get into a physical conflict with an (armed) old man and got himself shot. I'm guessing the excop was carrying legally and waited until he was physically attacked to exercise his right to defend himself. Sad about the daughter, but her dad screwed up.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I'm guessing the excop was carrying legally and waited until he was physically attacked to exercise his right to defend himself.

Except he is changed with a crime so the self defense angle must not be true. But then again, the authorities might not be giving him a fair break due to emotional content. I would think the altercation, if there was one, was not very physical.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

It doesn't have to be very physical when you're 70 years old. The court will decide whether it was self defense. This is a lot like the Zimmerman thing. Murder 2 won't stick in this case.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

There are times when my emotions get the best of me especially when someone cuts me off while driving and texting and I think that anyone texting should be shot.

Then I calm down after a minute.

But I still think that any one caught texting while walking, driving, on a flipping date, etc, should be put away for a month or two. What oxygen thieves...and they're out there breeding between texts!

It's a freakin' phone! Use it as such! I'm sure that Daddy's three year old would have much rather heard her fathers vioce...rather some stupid @$$ text.

I have to go there for now while I'm still spun up. At least we now have two idiots off the street.
edit on 14-1-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I wait till it comes to the local library on DVD. Then I check it out for free. I hate going to movies. But I would not shoot somebody for texting in the theater.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

groingrinder
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I wait till it comes to the local library on DVD. Then I check it out for free. I hate going to movies. But I would not shoot somebody for texting in the theater.

Hear! Hear!

You are one smart cookie!

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Urantia1111
reply to post by roadgravel

It doesn't have to be very physical when you're 70 years old. The court will decide whether it was self defense. This is a lot like the Zimmerman thing. Murder 2 won't stick in this case.

Unless the man has a serious injury, deadly force isn't going to fly. But as you say, a jury will decide.

I love the way the media paints a person up as a great person although that doesn't say he couldn't have gone crazy one time and committed a crime. It's a sad incident.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
pretty sad story. My main thought is this old man forgot that he no longer had a badge to hide behind with the total support of his department, union, DA, and judges after murdering someone. I hope he spends every penny of his pension defending himself against murder 2 charges ( and if video doesn't show him attempting to get an usher/manager it should damn well be capital murder. )

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Yeah, this is a real great reason to die:

Detrapani said that Oulson was texting with his daughter's daycare on the afternoon he was shot.

www.abcactionnews.com...

Or even get annoyed with someone for. Especially during the damn previews (commercials).

And all I heard from the rest of your post was "Me...Me....Me".

edit on 14-1-2014 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2014 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join