It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retired Policeman shoots and kills a man at a movie theater in Florida over texting / noise

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

crazyewok
reply to post by zeroBelief

WTF?

Im sorry but yeah the UK has it problems.

But we dont have police randomly shooting people every other day like they are judge jury and exceutioner.

Being a typical yanky doodle you cant read and missed the whole point as at no point in my post did I say BAN GUNS. By the looks of it its not the guns that are the problem in the USA but the nut jobs behind them. Please tell me were I said ban guns? Please? Honnestly of the adverage American cant read or handle simple points like you Im surprised you even know what end the bullet comes out of.

Anyway yeah I feel alot safer in the UK, yeah I run bigger risk of getting into a drunken fight but at least I will walk away from that unlike a encounter with one of your YAHOO cops playing cowboy.

Stupid Yanks. Lets all the smart Americans down.
edit on 14-1-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

So, just to get the insult out of the way...should we regard you as a northern monkey or a southern fairy?

And as to my being stupid and not reading what you wrote...I was commenting to your statement about this only happening in america or north korea (I cannot attest to anything going on in North Korea, I've never been). Well, it was an ex-cop who used a gun to shoot someone.

The primary factor here, is the violence committed while using a gun. Of secondary importance, is that the assailant is a former cop. You accused this as being something that would only happen in america or north korea.

If I am guilty of anything, it is that I was paying attention to the primary factor of this situation from your not so well formed statement wherein I was supposed to read your mind to come up with your true intent. The fact that a gun was used to kill someone. This is bad. Whether it was done by an ex-cop or not, doesn't really change the situation. Simple fact is, someone was killed using a gun.

Oh, and btw, in your WONDERFULLY safe nation...it's the only time I've spent New Year's eve with friends only to find out one of them was found with their head caved in on a side street on New Year's day. So, here's to your safety. Cheers!

So, call me a "stupid yank" all you want. I'll meet you at the Three Tuns in Whitehaven, Cumbria, anytime I am there (more often than you'd think) and gladly discuss it with you. Man to man. Over a pint. And then in the back alley.

And in case you need to know where that pub is located, it's between Senhouse and Church on Duke Street.

See you there, mate.

edit on 14-1-2014 by zeroBelief because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Indeed...

I haven't been to the cinema in some time, the last time I went it did have a few characters, some young lads messing around but you either ignore it or go and get a member of staff.

My missus say's I don't like confrontation, which isn't true, I am just more tolerant of other people doing what other people do. I just left them too it and once the film got going, they shut up like everyone else and watched it - no harm done.

I'm your typical Englishman - step on my toes once, I'll move, step on them again, I'll move and apologise but step on them a third time and I am going to twat you one. It's served me well so far and it's been a long time since I even got into an argument, much less a fight.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I believe he is a "Northern Monkey".... Sorry, crazyewok...

Carry on ....
edit on 14/1/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

stumason

Carry on ....

Ok, so what's the joke about why the pigeons fly upside down over London ?

I can't remember it...but I seem to remember it having something to do with the whole monkey/fairy theme of north vs south.

And, my allegiance is with the northern monkeys. We fling poo from trees.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

stumason
reply to post by Junkheap

The Metro (I assume you mean the London Metro?) is printed quite early on in the morning, so perhaps all the details weren't available at the time. For what it's worth, it didn't appear on the BBC at all until a few hours ago.

Could be the DC metro or the Paris metro for that matter.

I do kind of laugh where I live at what they call a "metro".....a straight line of above ground rail....and a bus system. Woohoo.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I thought he meant The Metro - a free paper distributed around London on Trains and the Tube (what we call our Underground...)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Being a bit tolerant is a good thing but then at time I wonder if that doesn't just feed the rude people.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Erm, that's a new one on me!

I try to stay out of the old North vs South stuff anyway, it can get political... I hail (or my family does) from Cornwall/Devon so have no dog in this fight...

roadgravel

Being a bit tolerant is a good thing but then at time I wonder if that doesn't just feed the rude people.

It can do, which is why I do have a breaking point, but at the same time I am sure I can be annoying to others without realising it but I don't get punched for it so I try to let it go unless I have to. I do have my limits though - no swearing/smoking/drinking etc near the kiddies (I do swear, smoke and drink myself..but not near them
)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

stumason

I thought he meant The Metro - a free paper distributed around London on Trains and the Tube (what we call our Underground...)

Oh, my mistake, I took it as "I read this ON the metro"...not "in"....I probably jumped to conclusion not being familiar with the paper you're referring to...

and, paper? Really? How, passe ?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

stumason

I try to stay out of the old North vs South stuff anyway, it can get political... I hail (or my family does) from Cornwall/Devon so have no dog in this fight...

roadgravel

It can do, which is why I do have a breaking point, but at the same time I am sure I can be annoying to others without realising it but I don't get punched for it so I try to let it go unless I have to. I do have my limits though - no swearing/smoking/drinking etc near the kiddies (I do swear, smoke and drink myself..but not near them
)

I'll email my mate up in Cumbria and get him to share it with me once again...it was funny...at least to this "stupid yank"

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Aye - very 20th century.... They are mainly used to block the doors to the Tube...

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
More like "Retarded Retired Policeman"....

I live in florida, this place scares me, there are a lot of really stupid people here.

Be nice if they found the prick who murdered the guy for texting hanging from a lamp post, set an example, keep setting examples.

The cops and their relatives here are so nearly out of control, one can end up in jail on little more than a third or fourth party rumor.

They have a star sticker on the back window of their cars to avoid closer scrutiny by the police here, driving around like they are totally bonkers because the symbol allows them to do so without getting pulled over. Wives, kids, relatives, all free to act like idiots without suffering any consequences for it, that's called corruption.

Really.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

stumason

Aye - very 20th century.... They are mainly used to block the doors to the Tube...

I have yet to make it to London. I would so love to ride the Tube. In DC, riding the metro is an absolute zoo. Nobody understands the natural flow of things (walk to the right, stand to the left on escalators, for instance), how not to be a complete ass on the train, how to act like a human being, etc.

Ugghhh.

Not to mention the fact that DC is actually swampland. During the summer months, who needs a sauna? All you have to do is take a ride on the metro. It is positively disgusting.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

stumason

AND...[ drum roll please ]......

Why pigeons fly upside down over london?

Because there's nothing worth crapping on.

Cheers to my mate from up in Cumbria!!!

edit on 14-1-2014 by zeroBelief because: me oh me oh my....

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

stumason

Carry on ....

Wrong South East

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

My point is out of control cops retired or not seem to be acting as judge jury and executioner in the USA, hardly something you would see in the "land of the Free".

Im not trying to put the UK up as better as we have our own issues.

But the USA does seem to have out of control law enforcment.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

crazyewok

My point is out of control cops retired or not seem to be acting as judge jury and executioner in the USA, hardly something you would see in the "land of the Free".

Im not trying to put the UK up as better as we have our own issues.

But the USA does seem to have out of control law enforcment.

That, I will *absolutely* agree to.

I'd also be concerned with the corner that your ASBO usage has turned. Hell, 99% of what I do could be considered ASBO material. And the idea that some police officer can suddenly take a disliking to you and just follow...watch...and wait....

That's an ASBO for you....

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

crazyewok

stumason

Carry on ....

Wrong South East

Bristol?

Do the pigeons fly upside down over your neck of the woods, too ?

Just playing around...no harm meant.....

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

zeroBelief

Bristol?

Do the pigeons fly upside down over your neck of the woods, too ?

Just playing around...no harm meant.....

Bristol South West

No Chatham and our pigeons are too fat and stupid to fly

And I am sorry if I came off rude but I do get fed up with (SOME) Americans turning everything in to a pro gun verse Control or UK verse USA when that not the point of my post.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

My apologies

I always thought you were from up that mysterious, mist shrouded, dragon filled land North of Watford?

My mistake

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join