It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I love the new website and the new emoticons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Thanks ATS staff! I love the new site layout, and thanks for listening to my (and our) advice during the Beta test. The new emoticons are awesome, too. I like how the new website can switch between light and dark modes, that is an awesome feature. I keep mine in the white mode.

I also really like stuff like the special Archive button (I personally like going back through time and seeing different events, as well as perspectives as a psychology major, from different dates) and I use the Live button a lot of course!

Yeah, there is tons of good stuff about the website layout. I would basically end up just listing all of the features of ATS if I continued lol!

I also think the layout of the threads are awesome... although a lot of that was already in place... and I appreciate the T&C because they are comprehensive and fairly specific.

I think the only change I would make, is in that upper-right hand corner, making a minimalist mail envelope symbol that gets an exclamation point when there is mail in the inbox.

Did Beezer make these emoticons?
edit on 13pmMon, 13 Jan 2014 22:04:51 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 13pmMon, 13 Jan 2014 22:05:30 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Regarding emoticons; Ive suggested a new one; "the eating of a dirt sandwich" (no idea what it would resemble: probably embarassment regarding an over active misguided ego construct).

edit on 13-1-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

I bet it could also double as puke or maybe even choking on your food out of surprise, multi-purpose emoticons are the best -

edit on 14amTue, 14 Jan 2014 00:00:00 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

darkbake

I bet it could also double as puke or maybe even choking on your food out of surprise, multi-purpose emoticons are the best -

Id never thought of the possibility of multiple emoticons translating to/as a potencial consise language. There would be a need for more to fully develop a brand new expression (mayaform hierogliphs) in 600 years scholars will be wondering what is that thumbs up symbol?
edit on 14-1-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Whatsapp, a chat app for smart phones, has a very amazing set of emoticons that can even be linked together to make scenes - I used to ask one of my friends to express how she was feeling, and she would choose things like a game controller, stop light, car and skyscraper.

I would do art - for example, linking a pointing finger with a trail of fire to make it look like I was casting a spell. Similar to something like this - " / ~~~ " which looks kind of like a magic wand casting waves of energy.
edit on 23amThu, 23 Jan 2014 05:12:42 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

top topics

join