It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warnings vs. Islam Have Been Around For A Long Time

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Churchill on Islam

In The River War (1899), Winston Churchill's account of the Sudanese campaign:

"How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property - either as a child, a wife, or a concubine - must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.

"Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities. Thousands become the brave and loyal soldiers of the Queen: all know how to die. But the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytising faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science - the science against which it had vainly struggled - the civilisation of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilisation of ancient Rome."

he also said The Islamic genie is a far greater threat then the Soviet Union will ever be�

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Ironic, being that under Churchill women had no rights, nor did Negros...

Deep

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Indonesia used to have a female president, at least in that islamic country women must have a degree of rights. No expert on the subject, but a woman holding such a position of power suggests that they may have equal rights there.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trent
Indonesia used to have a female president, at least in that islamic country women must have a degree of rights. No expert on the subject, but a woman holding such a position of power suggests that they may have equal rights there.

bangladesh is run by a woman and is a islamic state
and so do some other states

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Oh well I guess all that pointless bull# makes Islam fine and dandy.

Sep

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker
Well Mohammed had the same though pattern as the IRA, Tamil Tigers, Buddhist Extremists, Christan abortion Bombers.

Since you seem to have extensive knowledge of "Mohammed" (it is spelled Muhammad) please do tell me more about his "though pattern". He did not raise a sword and he told his followers not to do so until his enemies attacked the city he lived in and destroyed everything he had and when he did strike back, he killed only the male enemies who bore arms on the field. Now tell me how this is similar to the Christian abortion Bombers?

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky

Originally posted by AceOfBase

Saying there can never be a wise Muslim is one of the most racist statements ever made on this board and shows your level of ignorance.

He doesn't just hate all Muslims, but homosexuals as well...

Gay Marriage issue blah blah blah

Add Woman to that.

I depise women the most.

Muslims and homosexuals are just on the wrong path. But the women and there desire for evil is what gets me the most.

Muslims, homosexuals, women. You have just single out almost 3/5 of the world.

Can you walk down a street without becoming angry? I assume you live in the US of A?

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sep

Well Mohammed had the same though pattern as the IRA, Tamil Tigers, Buddhist Extremists, Christan abortion Bombers.

Since you seem to have extensive knowledge of "Mohammed" (it is spelled Muhammad) please do tell me more about his "though pattern". He did not raise a sword and he told his followers not to do so until his enemies attacked the city he lived in and destroyed everything he had and when he did strike back, he killed only the male enemies who bore arms on the field. Now tell me how this is similar to the Christian abortion Bombers?

Usa ma Bin Laden became Osama. Why do they always substitute the O for the U? USA Ma Bin Laden. Can you pick a better name for a terrorist? That name cracks me up. Who wrote the storyline for this one?

[edit on 22-11-2004 by Justanotherperson]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Alexis de Tocqueville, writer of the American classic Democracy in America, on Islam over 150 years ago:
    I studied the Kuran a great deal...I came away from that study with the conviction that by and large there have been few religions in the world as deadly to men as that of Muhammad. As far as I can see, it is the principle cause of the decadence so visible today in the Muslim world, and, though less absurd than the polytheism of old, its social and political tendencies are in my opinion infinitely more to be feared, and I therefore regard it as a form of decadence rather than a form of progress in relation to paganism itself.
Same as it ever was.

Same as it ever was.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ibn Iblis
Alexis de Tocqueville, writer of the American classic Democracy in America, on Islam over 150 years ago:
    I studied the Kuran a great deal...I came away from that study with the conviction that by and large there have been few religions in the world as deadly to men as that of Muhammad. As far as I can see, it is the principle cause of the decadence so visible today in the Muslim world, and, though less absurd than the polytheism of old, its social and political tendencies are in my opinion infinitely more to be feared, and I therefore regard it as a form of decadence rather than a form of progress in relation to paganism itself.
Same as it ever was.

Same as it ever was.

Wow, he sure as hell had some foresight then. One thing to keep in mind, or let me phrase this as a question,

Name one single country that has been successful in human rights and peaceful towards it neighbors and the world that is controlled by Islam. That doesn't control freedoms.

Name 1.

I am not saying there are not any but I cant right off hand.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Ibn Iblis nailed it and let me say this about the crusades......they were started because of Muslim aggression. We Christians are tolerant, but only to a point and when we fight back, God help our enemies.....what you've seen since 9/11 is just a taste of what we're capable of.

If there are good Muslims (and I know there are), they better clean their own house before we clean it for them. Time is running short and should Houston or any other American city dissapear off the map...the gates of Hell will swing wide open.

Maximu§

[edit on 19-3-2005 by LA_Maximus]

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
All religions can be used as tools to deceive the weak-minded into ignoring their natural reluctance to murder their fellow human beings.

Tell people that $Diety wants them to slaughter the unbelievers and they will. Ask the torturers of the Inquisition, the Japanese soldiers that raped and pillaged in the name of their God Emperor, the Jews that think Baruch Goldstein is a hero, the Islamic fanatics that incinerate buildings full of office workers, etc etc...

All religions preach peace & justice & condemn murder, and all have been used to justify utterly amoral acts.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
All religions can be used as tools to deceive the weak-minded into ignoring their natural reluctance to murder their fellow human beings.

Tell people that $Diety wants them to slaughter the unbelievers and they will. Ask the torturers of the Inquisition, the Japanese soldiers that raped and pillaged in the name of their God Emperor, the Jews that think Baruch Goldstein is a hero, the Islamic fanatics that incinerate buildings full of office workers, etc etc...

All religions preach peace & justice & condemn murder, and all have been used to justify utterly amoral acts.

So it is all religions fault then?

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Yes Eddie999 but it also says in the koran that non-muslims(infidels)are not to be trusted they are your enemy.Why dont you read the whole koran and then comment.And by the way Im also not christian Im atheist.Christanity is the same s... just wraped up in a different package.Dont you see somebody here wrote islam is jesuses enemy what a bounch of i.....I thought that religion is about peace and love but I allways see it in a different light(Religion is for old people facing death to easyly accept death and braindead people who cant think with their own heads and allow others to think for them or in other words Sheep beeee beeeee beee

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   

So it is all religions fault then?

It's the fault of individual people who allow themselves to be blinded to the evil they do.
Religion is just a convenient excuse.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ibn Iblis
Same as it ever was.

Same as it ever was.

Wrong.
You can NOT blame an entire religion for the actions of few men.
BOTH sides wanted to fight! Both sides were fueled by hatred and religious fanaticism. Holy Crusades were pure politiical ambitions of the West upon the Middle East. They came to divide and conquer.

The Crusades, like so much of the modern conflict, were not wholly rational movements that could be explained away by purely economic or territorial ambition or by the clash of rights and interests. They were fueled, on all sides, by myths and passions that were far more effective in getting people to act than any purely political motivation. The medieval holy wars in the Middle East could not be solved by rational treatises or neat territorial solutions. Fundamental passions were involved which touched the identity of Christians, Muslims and Jews and which were sacred to the identity of each. They have not changed very much in the holy wars of today.
Karen Armstrong, Holy War, 1988

Ofcouse every Story has its StoryTeller.

[edit on 20/3/05 by Souljah]

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pretorian03
Yes Eddie999 but it also says in the koran that non-muslims(infidels)are not to be trusted they are your enemy.

it may say that, if you could post a quote then it would be good, with the FULL context please. Anyway, a good point i think is that in the Qur'an for "unbeliever" the word will be more like "Kaafir". This word pretty much means "rejector". One who has seen Islam, knows about it, and knows it is the truth, but still refuses to follow it.

And i'm sure you'll agree that anyone who rejects the truth is an enemy and is bad news to those who do accept the truth. But to reject the truth you have to KNOW the truth. How many of your typical pro war with Islam people really know the truth about Islam?

Obviously none, because Islam (ok, is "believed" to be) the light, the word of God. So therefore you are not a rejector, Kaafir, unbeliever. I think that will very likely cancel out a good 99% of Islam's present day so called enemies. I can't blame a single person on these forums who hates Islam, because it is 100% likely that they only see bad images of Islam/Muslims,(9/11) and they are not representative of Islam one bit. So you therfore don't know what Islam is about.

people spend their whole lives memorising the Qur'an, there must be SOMETHING amazing about it! Islam isn't anything to do with wife beating or long beards, that's all BS.

So basically it would no doubt be more accurate to say that these terrorists want every1 who doesn't call themselves Muslim dead, if that realy is the case at all. But not ISLAM. amazing, one word translation and basic logic changes the whole thing.

hope you get the idea, sorry if it is muddled or doesn't make sense, plz let me kno if tht is the case, i am not very good at getting points across

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Thank you and yes I do understand that not all Muslims are violent.

Personally, I ascribe the the written Word of God as the Bible but that is my OPINION only.

The question I have, well let me put it this way, when the US went into Iraq, we had Christian nations speaking out against us and they still do.

9-11 and 95% of the Muslim world was quiet, and over 50% were HAPPY about it.

So you tell me that a religion that can condone that is the right one?

I have studied Islam somewhat and Christianity was JUST a violent, but it has moved on, the Crusades are over.....the War today is between the segments within ISLAM....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join