It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CONFIRMED: The DEA Struck A Deal With Mexico's Most Notorious Drug Cartel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Of Course they did, The CIA and DEA and all these government agencies deal more in illegal activities to fund secret black budget projects than you can imagine. Hell even the show on Spike TV called DEA a reality show about DEA agents. The tracked a drug ring all the way to New York on New Jersey, can't remember state and found the distributor and tried to make a deal with him. They said we don't want you we want the guy above you, give him up and you won't do any jail time. He smiled and said take me away. They were baffled and said why would you want to go to jail for life and blah blah and the guy replied, if i say one word I'm not only dead, but everyone in my family will die also. They were like we can protect you. He laughed in their face and said, how can you protect me when your agency in running the operation....Well this stunned them pretty good and they took him away. I really can't believe they actually even aired him saying that. I guess they thought nobody would notice.

The whole reason we were in Afghanistan was to stop Al-Qaeda from burning the poppy fields down as this opium is a huge source of revenue for the CIA and other US departments. Then we found the biggest lithium deposit on planet earth. We are never leaving Afghanistan...Never.

Everything is backwards, everything is driven by money greed and power. These groups are the worst culprits of that and that will never change.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

NONPOINT21
reply to post by ketsuko

The whole reason we were in Afghanistan was to stop Al-Qaeda from burning the poppy fields down as this opium is a huge source of revenue for the CIA and other US departments. Then we found the biggest lithium deposit on planet earth. We are never leaving Afghanistan...Never.

Lithium AND Copper mines.. Chinese ones. we are guarding THEIR BUTTS! one way of paying off the debt to the Chinese.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

HanzHenry

NONPOINT21
reply to post by ketsuko

Lithium AND Copper mines.. Chinese ones. we are guarding THEIR BUTTS! one way of paying off the debt to the Chinese.

a pretty stupid one considering we could have paid off most of our debt to china if we didnt waste the money in afghanistan
no afghanistan was about keeping the dollar the reserve currency of the world and letting the rest of the world know that trading oil in anything other then US dollars is going to make you an enemy of the united states
edit on 14-1-2014 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sirhumperdink

You honestly think they would have used that money to do such responsible things as pay debt with it? I don't care which establishment party is in charge, they feel that they can always take more money ... why ever should they not spend all of what they have?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by sirhumperdink

You honestly think they would have used that money to do such responsible things as pay debt with it? I don't care which establishment party is in charge, they feel that they can always take more money ... why ever should they not spend all of what they have?

of course not
and i never said that
youre looking to respond to arguments that were never made
point was it would be a pretty stupid way to pay back a debt to the chinese

the fact is this isnt about resources this is about what currency those resources are going to be traded in
who cares if we are the ones in possession of the oil or lithium..... so long as that lithium or oil is traded in dollars our money has value (and the more its used for trade the higher the value of that money is)
if dollars arent used for trade they have no intrinsic value and the entire economic system comes to a screeching halt
edit on 14-1-2014 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Mamatus
Wow the DEA in bed with the cartels? The next thing ya know the CIA will be involved with them.... Oh wait, they are.

CIA “Manages” Drug Trade, Mexican Official Says

The Central Intelligence Agency’s involvement in drug trafficking is back in the media spotlight after a spokesman for the violence-plagued Mexican state of Chihuahua became the latest high-profile individual to accuse the CIA, which has been linked to narcotics trafficking for decades, of ongoing efforts to “manage the drug trade.” The infamous American spy agency refused to comment.

To think the DEA has made side deals with The Cartels is just unimaginable, NOT! Just the other day I watched a movie about some cats that robbed a CIA money drop, not sure but it may have been Fast and Furious 6. BTW it was an horrible movie.
Does anyone remember Iran contra? It was when the CIA sold drugs like coc aine to fund classified operations in the 1980s in iran. Do you Honestly think they've stopped? They're making too much money to stop now.
edit on 14-1-2014 by rock427 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Nice thread. I'm glad my past observations about Guzman and the Sinaloans was/is validated (i.e. spook contact and sanctified activity by us gov when I was involved in the black market with them back in the 90s).

As far as cartels go, the Sinaloans are "nice guys." Not to say they don't kill folks, because that's the nature of that horrid business... they can't call the police (unless paid off, that is) but they are, for the most part, earnest peasant boys looking to feed their family... and Guzman is a low key, smart guy and most all the stories are exaggerated b.s. and any violence is usually retaliation because they'd rather move product and stay low key.

Not to be an apologist... they are involved in murder, after all, but the reality isn't so ... wild, and compared to other black market organizations, they're more... rational.

But heck, legalize the junk and watch the violence and ruined lives fade... but then the black agencies wouldn't get their black funding... sigh.

Nasty business.

Edit: and to recap, I was a part of the black market to keep myself supplied with what I was addicted to and met "El Chappo" Guzman when he was building his "empire." When I dealt with the Sinaloans, I noticed rumpled "g-man" looking guys lurking around and as I grew to know Guzman, he told me the supply was so steady because they had an arrangement with the us gov.. .and their tunnels under the border (and air operations) were quite professional... when I was arrested (as always happens) some weird things happened ... but suffice to say I did no jail time and the police treated me quite well, once word came down, that is... weird, huh? Either way, I'm glad I'm no longer an addict or tied to that sordid business, but I have some stories. Also, all the photos of Guzman are not actually of him, which is funny as the g-men knew where to find him.

edit on 1/15/2014 by Baddogma because: add

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
There is at least one informed ATS poster who seems to have first hand knowledge of the dirty little game going on in Mexico that is often called "The War on Drugs." This has been talked about for years on ATS and it was no surprise to me when it was confirmed by reputable media sources.

Yet there are so many who will deny this. I saw someone share and comment about this on a certain social media site the other day, so many people quickly dismissed because it has not been covered by FOX, MSN, or CNN therefore it cannot be true. To those people, people like us are just a bunch of nuts that will believe anything that undermines certain issues.

It is insanity. There will always be a large portion of the population who will believe everything the MSM tells them and never question it.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

HanzHenry
reply to post by ketsuko

not new news to me.

Joint Task Forces (jtf's) have been using the military to help bring in drugs for DECADES.. Most Vietnam vets know it, and I discovered it while in the USMC.

This is why the MCAS El Toro was really closed. Old news. New to the sheeple I guess.

Marine Corps Colonel Sabow Murdered for trying to expose

Yep. What movie was it where illicit substances were being smuggled into the USA inside of soldier's caskets?

To the OP:

This isn't news to anyone that reads the back pages of the newspaper. We've had captured cartel members admitting this during questioning -- and insider leaks as well over the years.

I think the important question worth asking is this:

So what do we do now? Do we just sit on our hands and say, "Oh gee, well that's not good." Is the administration or any arm of the government going to hold those accountable for colluding with the cartels?

I tire so easily of these "proxy" wars that the government gets its mits into. Those in charge who move the chess pieces believe they are so smart, playing opposing sides against each other here -- and arming others there. It seems the "puppet masters" that set these arrangements up never learn from their past mistakes.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The No Agenda Show covered this last year, and came to the same conclusion, by just connecting the dots. You guys should start listening to that podcast if this is news to you. I don't mean to sound condescending, just want to spread the word about the show. Much less trolling over there lol.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
not new news to me.

Joint Task Forces (jtf's) have been using the military to help bring in drugs for DECADES.. Most Vietnam vets know it, and I discovered it while in the USMC.

This is why the MCAS El Toro was really closed. Old news. New to the sheeple I guess.

Marine Corps Colonel Sabow Murdered for trying to expose

Yep. What movie was it where illicit substances were being smuggled into the USA inside of soldier's caskets?

To the OP:

This isn't news to anyone that reads the back pages of the newspaper. We've had captured cartel members admitting this during questioning -- and insider leaks as well over the years.

I think the important question worth asking is this:

So what do we do now? Do we just sit on our hands and say, "Oh gee, well that's not good." Is the administration or any arm of the government going to hold those accountable for colluding with the cartels?

I tire so easily of these "proxy" wars that the government gets its mits into. Those in charge who move the chess pieces believe they are so smart, playing opposing sides against each other here -- and arming others there. It seems the "puppet masters" that set these arrangements up never learn from their past mistakes.

If you put any faith in the anecdote of Obama saying "Don't you remember what happened to Kennedy?" it would seem we aren't going to do anything.

We need a politician whose willing to put themselves in the line of fire to fix things.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Good Post. The conspiracy has been floating around for some time but now there is proof. The thing to keep in mind is whether the actions protected Americans and helped Mexico? The answer is yes they did. It may be hard to wrap your head around but it is the classic lesser of two evils strategy. There is a code that organized crime follows and the code is business driven, they still commit many violent crimes when necessary but not unless they have to and this seems to be the code el Chapo is following. This is why the Mexican government was also in on it and why Chapo was able to walk away from a high security prison. It all started when the original and only Cartel in Mexico under Félix Gallardo known as “the godfather” suffered a major blow when the group's co-founder Rafael Caro Quintero was captured, and later convicted, for the murder of DEA agent Enrique Camarena. "The Godfather" then decided to divide up the trade he controlled to be more efficient and less likely to be brought down in one law enforcement swoop. Essentially the godfather privatized the Mexican drug business to be run by bosses who were less well known or not yet known by the DEA. EL Chapo and Ismael Zambada would take over Pacific coast operations, becoming the Sinaloa Cartel while several others like the Arellano brothers would control other areas.
Fast forward to now and it was the son of Ismael Zambada named Vicente who let the cat out of the bag when he was arrested and testified that DEA agents met with top Sinaloa officials. There is still a lot of details missing but the idea is that Sinaloa helped or is helping take down the other cartels in exchange for some sort of immunity. What we are seeing now in Mexico is the remaining cartels or spin-offs of those original organizations set up by the godfather who are fighting to keep power after a strong offensive on the part of the Mexican forces and “mysteriously” the Sinaloa cartel is only getting stronger and consolidating power. The remaining cartels like what we have seen recently in state of Michoacán with the knights Templar group is an example of how this groups and resorting to extortions, kidnappings and other crimes that do not follow the code. It’s difficult to understand how we can support a crime organization but the DEA lives in the real world, a world where we have a hungry drug market here in the U.S and their actions ultimately saved more lives.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Ever wonder how a fledgling FBI could take down Al Capone in the 1920's by using taxes to put Capone in prison...but not being used on the drug trade? Well, it has to do with several items...
1. Yearly evaluations: the bust of the local street corner meth head (several time a year, i.e.: multiple arrests), looks better than a long term higher level arrest. So, faster promotions.
2. IRS could prosecute each and every drug courier and seller, but then that would take them away from their primary mission...control of the private citizen. It is much easier to find a discrepancy on the ordinary citizens’ tax form he files every year, than have to do in-depth research project of drug cartel front companies. Why do you think they are so afraid of a flat tax!
3. Prosecution of drug and money couriers...sooner or later they would talk and tell who is profiting from the drug trade.
4. Prosecution of couriers…congressional lobbyists (La Raza, Conquista, La Voz de Aztlan, etc) do not want “poor people just trying to make a living’ persecuted for killing a Gringo’s children”.

The list goes on but these are the high points.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The question is were they the 'most notorious drug gang' before they made a deal with the DEA. Or did the distinction come after they made their deal?

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

The drug war is to feed the prisons, laundry the money for unseen purposes, and the keep the prices up.. Sounds like a plan!

edit on 25-1-2014 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

"El Chapo" told me (and my Spanish sucks, admittedly) that it was Sinaloa becoming somewhat successful first, gov support second, but that might be prideful b.s. For all I know they (the Sinaloans) were purely products of spooks looking for the new Air America source of funding.

I, a nerdy white guy, am admittedly tickled that I hung out with someone who's now a multimillionaire and the most wanted by the FBI... I was happy to know them when I was hopelessly addicted to opiates, but now I am glad to be far away from that mess.

Some day, though, I should write a book... as it is interesting in retrospect and partly unbelievable... though many great people died, but that's mostly due to the illegality of the drugs and resultant lack of medical oversight and fear of arrest, rather than blood thirsty Mexicans killing willy-nilly... though that sure as heck happens.

But, the Sinoloans are certainly in a symbiotic relationship with the West's alphabet agencies... and that is a fact... and that is troubling.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

the CIA was managing drugs out of the golden
triangle soon after the French lost Viet Nam.
Air America also worked out of Mena Arkansas.

Then to reward Clinton, he got the presidency
and did the exact same thing with the
Chinese from the White House.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: spirited75

I think you're missing a few steps between Vietnam and Clinton. Central America, for instance.... A lot came there, between 1975 and 1992. Decent points, otherwise.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

I have been intimately following the government involvement in drugs for 40+ years,
I have not missed any steps so far, just probably go a little too fast for most people.
Sorry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join