It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Bowl XLVIII 2014

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by revolutionaryawareness

Sorry man but this game went against just about everything you posted...
Except for the house always win, seattle won without any help but i think that is who vegas wanted to win anyway.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Sremmos80

Except for the house always win, seattle won without any help but i think that is who vegas wanted to win anyway.

I agree 100%. This game wasn't rigged but it damn sure was an embarrassment. Wow. Not even Seattle expected it. I expected a hard fought and close game, not that. Just...

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
the game was so terrible, they might as well not even air football games ever again, well done world elite well done indeed

first it was wwe, now nfl, whats next presidential elections? oh the day they start fixing presidential elections.......

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Onyxzyv

Explain how it was fixed? It was a blow out... no calls swayed the game at all.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sremmos80

idk if washington was in on it, but the denver players didn't sell out their acting at all, i mean they coulda made it close, it was just a sad give in to the ones who signed their fat checks

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Onyxzyv

All the int that peyton through were legit, tip balls and hurried throw. If he was sitting in the pocket undisturbed for all three then you would have me.
The first snap is a common miscommunication, peyton is the best at avoiding it but he is human.
The defense of the broncos held many times and kept the game in reach.
Seattle out played denver and there was no crazy calls extending drives for denver as they got down.
If they got like 3 TD that were extended by some big PI calls then you would have a case.

I am on the fence of games being fixed, manly because of all the money involed in vegas. I can't over look that, this game was not one that pushes me towards a fix for entertainment. Outside of seattle fans, every one else hated that game and would make some not want to watch it anymore.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

then it was the worst performance i had ever seen, o well

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

This is what I said before the game:

revolutionaryawareness
My pick is with Denver but I can easily imagine the confetti falling around happy seahawk players. Its all fixed anyways.

Manning tanked the game. The least possible scenario happened which is what the script writers wanted. Articles like: Floyd May weather bets $10 million on Broncos was a red flag. The last article on ESPN before the Super Bowl today was: Broncos coach Fox to get $1 million bonus if he wins. Same with Manning winning MVP day before the SB. All propagnda. The game was fixed for entertainment.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

I agree the pac man bet swayed vegas sure, but there was no entertainment value in that game. Outside of seahawk fans no one enjoyed that game. Why not make some calls that keep the broncos in the game? And peyton didn't throw the game, his int were legit, he didn't have time all game and was rushed a good majority of it. They got stuck in a passing game plan against a defense built to stop that.
I am sure they lost most fence viewers when harvin ran that kick off back, that was the nail in the coffin. I only watched because of the commercials and just in case those FF predictions came true.
I am not saying this debunks the nfl as a fixed game but it sure didn't help the case. This looked like a better team winning a neutral game.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Sremmos80

I also said this December 3rd in the NFL trash talk thread:

revolutionaryawareness
The NFL is fixed, like all major sports. It's not competition, its a buisness. I can easily predict Seattle or San Francisco as one of the 2014 Super Bowl teams. My final Super Bowl pick is San Francisco vs Denver, but I wouldn't be suprised if Seattle makes it.

I can't explain how the game was fixed, just like people can't fully explain 9/11. Still, I suspect foul play. That 1st play fumble was all theater. All Manning had to do was play crappy and get off the field. I refuse to believe the people who run the NFL don't know the Super Bowl matchups in advance, leaving everything up in the air.

Link

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   

As much as I wish, at this point, that the game was rigged.. I agree with you. There just wasn't anything rigged about this game. Just look at the safety on the first play.. Look at it in slow motion. Manning was like "WTF!?!?" you can clearly see that on his face. That play set the tune for the entire game. Not a good way to start. It immoralized the whole team from that point on.

The rest of the game was a series of mistakes by Denver and an excellent defensive coordination by the hawks. Basically, it was the worst possible scenario for Denver, but it happened. There are no excuses, this was an any given Sunday scenario that Manning will always regret, but hopefully he will eventually learn from it.

A "fixed" game would not allow for such a huge margin of point spread, especially not during a Superbowl. This was an upset of epic proportions, not a setup.

edit on 3-2-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   

If the Broncos won, which you originally predicted... the game would have been fixed according to you. They lost, and by a spread NO-ONE predicted. Not Vegas, not ANYONE. This proves your theory incorrect IMO, but I also feel that no matter the outcome, you would claim it was rigged. In your mind, this is a win win situation for you no matter what.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

revolutionaryawareness
The game was fixed for entertainment.

Really? That was entertaining?

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

revolutionaryawareness

This is what I said before the game:

revolutionaryawareness
My pick is with Denver but I can easily imagine the confetti falling around happy seahawk players. Its all fixed anyways.

Manning tanked the game. The least possible scenario happened which is what the script writers wanted. Articles like: Floyd May weather bets $10 million on Broncos was a red flag. The last article on ESPN before the Super Bowl today was: Broncos coach Fox to get $1 million bonus if he wins. Same with Manning winning MVP day before the SB. All propagnda. The game was fixed for entertainment.

*LOLOL* if you claim that you see both teams win, then yea, you can claim that you saw it coming and it was fixed.

I declare that this baby may be a boy or a girl! See I was right!

No one fixes the games. No one is throwing a super bowl.

There is way too much money, reputation, involved to ever throw a game. The amount would have to be high enough that you could never hide that kind of money.

Please take your cray cray somewhere else and start a new thread and stop trying to derail this one.
edit on 3-2-2014 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join