It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Bowl XLVIII 2014

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Misinformation

Not attacking Seattle, just thought it was a lame front office move to not let's SF fans buy tickets. But I guess Denver did it too. The Seahawks are a great team. I don't have them making the Super Bowl for entertainment and money reasons.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Every team gets bad calls against them. Good teams handle them. Great teams(and coaches) overcome them. The Hawks peaked too early imo. The passing game is a worry. Niners are hot and a good road team. Sorry Manning, you can't beat...Belichek. Niners/Pats. GO NINERS!!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by revolutionaryawareness

Cool map graphics, but they've only proven to be 75% accurate with the Saints' loss (vs. what you claim they depict!!)...we shall see.

My *hopes* for the Super Bowl Champs: NINERS!!!
2nd choice: Broncos

However, I see it coming down to the Seahawks v. Patriots, & I'd rather have the hawks win if they defeat SF

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I predict Denver & Seattle. At least that is what I hope for... GO DENVER!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Hopefully my pats make it to the big show. February cant came any faster.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Niners go into seattle and get the win. Going bold and saying Kap finally gets the monkey off his back and has a great game in Seattle and the D just rallies behind them and its a 2 touchdown win. I'm giving the afc game to the home team, but I don't see either afc team beating the resulting NFC team. Denver has the better chance IMO to beat one of the nfc teams. Pats use a lot of the run to set up the offense where as Peyton can just take the ball and march without a present run game, well both can do that but Brady doesn't have the receivers needed

Oh and GO NINERS!
edit on thFri, 17 Jan 2014 16:54:19 -0600America/Chicago120141980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I love the fact that the 49ers are the underdogs. They are battle hardened from being on the road, and are going to beat The Seahawks in their own Emerald City. I see the result being SF vs Denver in the big game, and The 49er Empire adding a 6th Lombardi Trophy to their Dynasty. ~$heopleNation

Mic'd Up Patrick Willis
edit on 17-1-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Here are the new Facebook "Fandom" maps for the upcoming games:

edit: Also, one of Seattle's top receivers wont play this weekend vs SF

Percy Harvin Wont Play
edit on 17-1-2014 by revolutionaryawareness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by revolutionaryawareness

Yeah I read earlier that Harvin won't be playing, and it's smart for him not to be after suffering two concussions in one game.

However, It's is huge for The 49ers defense. It could end up being the difference at the end of the day. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

I wouldn't say it is the difference maker.. Harvin is barley in the offense. He has played what 3 games this season? I think he may have finished one? Hawks have been playing with out him and having plenty of success. So it would of only added to the team, doesn't take much away with him out.
edit on thFri, 17 Jan 2014 19:52:46 -0600America/Chicago120144680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Kap is going to have a big game. Seahawks are favorites mainly based on their 29-3 blowout on 9/15 vs SF.
But when you look at the stats for that game, Anquan Boldin had 1 reception. 1 freakin catch! Crabtree 0 receptions he was injured. Vernon Davis 3 receptions for a total of 20 yards. Gore ran for only 16 yards the whole game! 16 yards.
Compare those stats to what the 49ers are putting up now playoff wise and it shows SF has a good chance.
Or that it's all fixed. 49ers tanked the Seattle game to make them look good and now will put on a shocker.

I mean cmon, 4 receptions for 27 yards between Boldin, Crabtree and Davis vs Sea.

But Vs GreenBay/ 200 yards, Panthers/163 yards.

If Seattle can hold those 3 to 27 yards again, they will beat SF.

edit: For kicks, SFs first scheduled preseason game was vs Denver. They lost. Its only fitting that the last game be vs them too.
edit on 17-1-2014 by revolutionaryawareness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
It comes down to conditioning, experience and peaking. The 2 teams are VERY similar. The conditioning is the same. The experience? The Seahawks are a couple of years off playing on the premium stage. Peaking? The Hawks peaked early. The Niners are peaking late. The passing game for both are going in different directions atm as well. If the Hawks can't pass against this D, it's over. No one can run up the gut all game against them. Not even AP.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Sremmos80
I wouldn't say it is the difference maker.. Harvin is barley in the offense. He has played what 3 games this season? I think he may have finished one? Hawks have been playing with out him and having plenty of success. So it would of only added to the team, doesn't take much away with him out.
edit on thFri, 17 Jan 2014 19:52:46 -0600America/Chicago120144680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

I disagree my friend, because we (SF) did not have all of our weapons at the time, and got defeated right? Listen, Harvin is a big play maker, and as long as he does not get injured, or get a migraine, the dude is a serious threat to any defense. He can catch, he can run out of the backfield, he's a stud.

So, if we go by how much Wilson has been struggling lately, and we also weigh in how good the 49ers have been playing on the road as of late too, it's very clear that no Percy Harvin for the SeaHags is without a doubt not good for their offense, and only a plus for the 49ers Defense.

Just saying, Harvin would have empowered the Seahags weak pass offensive attack. Just my opinion though. We will see what happens. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

SheopleNation

Sremmos80

I disagree my friend, because we (SF) did not have all of our weapons at the time, and got defeated right? Listen, Harvin is a big play maker, and as long as he does not get injured, or get a migraine, the dude is a serious threat to any defense. He can catch, he can run out of the backfield, he's a stud.

So, if we go by how much Wilson has been struggling lately, and we also weigh in how good the 49ers have been playing on the road as of late too, it's very clear that no Percy Harvin for the SeaHags is without a doubt not good for their offense, and only a plus for the 49ers Defense.

Just saying, Harvin would have empowered the Seahags weak pass offensive attack. Just my opinion though. We will see what happens. ~$heopleNation

Ya no doubt that when he is healthy he is a difference maker, but he hasn't been healthy this season so that's why i say its not a difference maker. It's the same seahawk team that got them where they are at now. I love the fact that he is out, don't get me wrong. But even if he was playing in this game it would have been in a limited role like he was against the saints. Couple designed plays here and there and then he is back on the sidelines. Now if come September next year he has a full healthy off season. Yes massive difference maker, as a role player coming off an injury, not the threat harvin can be.
Like you said niners didn't have all their weapons, mainly crab. Do you say Harvin has the same role in the Hawks offense as Crab does the Niners?
And rodgers would have been able to man him up all game any way

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sremmos80

Sremmos80, I agree that Harvin would have been limited, but he is such a special player that it COULD have ended up being the difference. Rogers covering him? Not sure anyone can cover Percy in the slot, even when he's rusty. Carlos is coming off an injury as well, so I don't know.

No, Harvin would not have the same impact as Crabtree because of what you mentioned, I agree about that. However, Harvin is much more explosive if he is given just a few plays to work with, than Michael is. Michael is more of a possession receiver, he has great hands like another Michael we all know, Michael Irvin.

Over all though Yes, Michael Crabtree right now is more important to SF than Harvin is too The Seahawks. Hey, I enjoy discussing Football. I am just happy to be able to talk about it all here with intelligent and reasonable NFL fans like those here on ATS. I myself am very excited about these match ups this weekend, what more could an NFL fan hope for? The match ups are perfect for the championships.
~$heopleNation

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Can't argue with that at all my brother intrepid . I could not have said it any better myself, cause it's the truth.

Also...........nice to hear that you are a 49er fan too buddy! ~$heopleNation

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Yea Harvin is a TD waiting to happen true and yea i was being hopeful when i said rodgers could cover him, well outside the slot i'd say he could or at least contain him. Won't be fun next year when he is healthy and involved in the offense like he was in Minnesota.
Hope its a blow out so the hawks fan will have something to chew on all off season. Prob gonna be a last person with ball game tho like last time.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Sremmos80
Niners go into seattle and get the win. Going bold and saying Kap finally gets the monkey off his back and has a great game in Seattle and the D just rallies behind them and its a 2 touchdown win. I'm giving the afc game to the home team, but I don't see either afc team beating the resulting NFC team. Denver has the better chance IMO to beat one of the nfc teams. Pats use a lot of the run to set up the offense where as Peyton can just take the ball and march without a present run game, well both can do that but Brady doesn't have the receivers needed

Oh and GO NINERS!
edit on thFri, 17 Jan 2014 16:54:19 -0600America/Chicago120141980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

I am in agreement with your assessment for the most part aside from this -

Peyton can just take the ball and march without a present run game

While you're right that Peyton can take the ball and march pretty much no matter what, you're wrong on there not being a present run game. Knowshon Moreno has had a great year, ball has picked it up as well.

The last time the two teams met-

The last time the two teams met, Broncos running back Knowshon Moreno ran for 224 yards and Peyton Manning threw for a season-low 150 yards.

CBS Sports

And that game ended in overtime with a patriots win due to a punt return flub. (and of course that one was in NE) Anyway, it will be a good game..GO DENVER!
edit on 17-1-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I wasn't saying that the run game has been absent all season. More that if the run game is gone or taken away from them, peyton is able to take over and usually produce.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
As a 49er fan, I really dig this Colin Kaepernick commercial.

m.youtube.com...

edit on 18-1-2014 by revolutionaryawareness because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join