It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Tiberius; Freemasonry and Organized Crime in the UK

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Secret networks of Freemasons have been used by organised crime gangs to corrupt the criminal justice system, according to a bombshell Metropolitan Police report leaked to The Independent. Operation Tiberius, written in 2002, found underworld syndicates used their contacts in the controversial brotherhood to “recruit corrupted officers” inside Scotland Yard, and concluded it was one of “the most difficult aspects of organised crime corruption to proof against”.

www.independent.co.uk...

It’s been discovered through details leaked from two secret internal police investigations, Operation Tiberius in 2002, and later through Project Riverside in 2008, how UK organised crime was able to infiltrate police and other public institutions ‘at will’ through a network of Freemasonic brotherhood members in key positions inside police and judiciary.

21stcenturywire.com...

A secret report spanning many years, which was seen by The Independent, reportedly shows a shocking level of corruption in the Metropolitan Police, the judicial system, the Crown Prosecution Service, HM Revenue & Customs, and the Prison Service. In 2003, Operation Tiberius – an undercover Scotland Yard probe – found that organized Freemasonry crime gangs had compromised virtually all of the UK’s criminal justice system

www.eutimes.net...

Freemasonry has a long history of crime and this is just the latest shameful scandal they have been involved in. Its time for people to demand a complete investigation into the entire fraternity and all its chapters and for it to be classified as a criminal organization when the investigation shows that this wasn't just an isolated incident, practices like this are the norm for freemasonry.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this.

I mentioned this on a thread a while ago and was flamed for it.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

theabsolutetruth
Thanks for posting this.

I mentioned this on a thread a while ago and was flamed for it.

^Welcome to ATS

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The blind belief that this kind of corruption is NOT RAMPANT within the judicial systems of most of the world.....is perhaps a trifle optimistic.......
I have no suggestions but to say what we have is NOT working to the best interests of the human race.
S&F

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Unilluminist

2002 and 2008, and what has been done to the evil satanic freemasons?

Because here is the thing, either we are all powerful and anyone probing into our internal affairs would be killed and made to disappear within minutes, or we aren't all that powerful and somehow all this investigation showed is bad people did bad things.

It's possible for a mason to be a bad person, but the group of masonry as a whole?

I was looking forward to hearing the results of the UK childrens investigation. Because of the very few things I know for sure, one of them is that masonry is a good organization that does good things.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
That corruption can--and does-- happen with 'secret' organizations of all ilk isn't up for much debate.

There's even "precedent," and it just so happens to have been a Freemason lodge in the following instance. And it was a BIG deal with mega-fraud and deadly consequences it seems.

Propaganda Due (Italian pronunciation: [propaˈɡanda ˈduːe]), or P2, was a Masonic lodge operating under the jurisdiction of the Grand Orient of Italy from 1945 to 1976…

During the years that the lodge was headed by Licio Gelli, P2 was implicated in numerous Italian crimes and mysteries, including the collapse of the Vatican-affiliated Banco Ambrosiano, the murders of journalist Mino Pecorelli and banker Roberto Calvi, and corruption cases within the nationwide bribe scandal Tangentopoli. P2 came to light through the investigations into the collapse of Michele Sindona's financial empire.

P2 was sometimes referred to as a "state within a state" or a "shadow government". The lodge had among its members prominent journalists, members of parliament, industrialists, and military leaders—including Silvio Berlusconi, who later became Prime Minister of Italy; the Savoy pretender to the Italian throne Victor Emmanuel; and the heads of all three Italian intelligence services (at the time SISDE, SISMI and CESIS).

When searching Licio Gelli's villa, the police found a document called the "Plan for Democratic Rebirth", which called for a consolidation of the media, suppression of trade unions, and the rewriting of the Italian Constitution.

en.wikipedia.org...

Thusly, we can't dismiss the OP's premise and material out of hand, eh?

edit on 13-1-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The masons like any organisation has bad apples.

I believe that the majority of masons are genuine when they talk about the good things they do and the acts of charity are a good thing.

However, I also feel there is an underlying dark side to this organisation. The reason for my beliefs is the fact that there are members from all walks of life, which include people in positions of power. As we have seen throughout history, with power comes corruption and no matter what some members say or believe, corruption exists within.

As a semi professional musician I have come into contact with masons at various functions and can honestly say that whilst I am not privy to the inner sanctums, I have always been treated well and they have always been extremely respectful. Although having seen the Alter and the layout of the meeting hall, it's all a little strange.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

You know, the UK had their little Red Scare and even after investigations Freemasonry was shown not to be guilty of any wrongdoing. You sound no better than Sen. McCarthy with this "lists of Commies". Your article provided no evidence other than just making statements, but words are worthless without evidence. I do love that you are quoting articles that quote each other.

Plus you are mistaking organized crime and Freemasonry. Also, where is a copy of this Operation Tiberius? I'd like to read it for myself.

reply to post by The GUT

P2 was a rogue Lodge who acted without recognition from any Grand Lodge. They lost their charter in the 70s because of their corruption. They are the farthest thing from Masonic as you can get.
edit on 13-1-2014 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

network dude

2002 and 2008, and what has been done to the evil satanic freemasons?
Unfortunately nothing yet because there are so many powerful masons in key positions obstructing justice as the report shows

Because here is the thing, either we are all powerful and anyone probing into our internal affairs would be killed and made to disappear within minutes, or we aren't all that powerful and somehow all this investigation showed is bad people did bad things.
I know Masonry has taken out people that threatened to expose them such as Captain William Morgan, and Roberto Calvi, perhaps the leakers had planned for this and had the info already being recorded and hidden

It's possible for a mason to be a bad person, but the group of masonry as a whole?
Its a lot more then 1 Mason, it is an entire network of them and their organized crime contacts. Time to accept you have been mislead about the organization
I was looking forward to hearing the results of the UK childrens investigation. Because of the very few things I know for sure, one of them is that masonry is a good organization that does good things.
This is a separate scandal from the pedophilia scandal but since you brought that up yes that is one more reason to suspect Freemasonry since nearly everyone on that list of suspects was a Mason
www.abovetopsecret.com...

response in red

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

P2 was in fact a lodge that did some really bad things. They were mafia who used the guise of a masonic lodge to hide their deeds.
Upon investigation, they were found not to be operating as a true lodge and their charter was stripped. It's an example of bad people doing bad things. As bad people have a tendency to do.

This investigation should have come to some conclusion since 2008. What is it?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

OK, so please show the results of the investigation. the official ones.
That way we can operate on facts, and not just some slander. there is a difference.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

KSigMason
P2 was a rogue Lodge who acted without recognition from any Grand Lodge. They lost their charter in the 70s because of their corruption. They are the farthest thing from Masonic as you can get.
edit on 13-1-2014 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

Maybe I don't understand the intricacies I admit. On the other hand, P2 was recognized by the Grand Orient of Italy for many years.

I'm willing to be schooled, don't get me wrong, but let's look at the following first:

The Grand Orient of Italy (GOI; Italian: Grande Oriente d'Italia) is a masonic organization based at Palazzo Giustiniani, Rome, Italy. It was founded in 1805.[1] The current grand master is Gustavo Raffi. As of March 2012 the grand lodge had 21,400 adherents in 757 lodges.[2]

Past grand masters included:

• Giuseppe Garibaldi,[3]
• Adriano Lemmi,[citation needed]
• the sculptor Ettore Ferrari,[4]
• the mayor of Rome Ernesto Nathan[5]
• Giuseppe Mazzini,[6]

Freemasonry was suppressed by Mussolini in 1925, being restarted after the Second World War.[7]
In 1972 it was recognised as regular by the United Grand Lodge of England (UGLE).[8] This is no longer the case, and the

Regular Grand Lodge of Italy is the grand lodge now recognized by the UGLE.[9] Most North American grand lodges, on the other hand, still recognize the Grand Orient.

Propaganda Due, the lodge that investigative journalists have identified as being implicated in the murder of Roberto Calvi, was originally chartered by the Grand Orient. The Grand Orient revoked its charter in 1974.
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 13-1-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

The fact that the bad guys have infiltrated FreeMasonry and have been using it to their own ends isn't a surprise but again, like some sort of Mafia, it isn't ethical.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

We don't have it yet, the Independent received a leaked report and is publishing stories based on that.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Yes, it appears that any good organization becomes an absolute magnet for evil to hide within. Add oaths of secrecy, loyalty between members, and the promise for a reward into the mix, and you have a recipe for corruption. It's not that the Masons are especially or specifically evil or bad. They are just one of the most popular good organization that involves secrecy, demands loyalty, and promises a reward for good behavior. Except for the Roman Catholic Church. Another organization made up of 90%+ well meaning individuals, based on doing good for mankind, another organization with a checkered past, enrobed in conspiracy theories, and some conspiracy fact. Another organization that has become like a giant magnet for evil to hide among the appearance of good.

Maybe we need an organization that is more honest. Instead of saying "we are all about making good men better men" or "we are here to do no less an honor than that of doing the very will of God himself...because we know exactly what that is!"...maybe we need to just start with the truth. "We would LIKE to do good things for the world and every living thing in it, but hey we are just humans like you so we are capable of many errors and we are not immune to corruption because well, let's face it, everyone likes to help out their friends and family when they can, and we all are capable of getting caught up in the web of receiving favors, and then OWING favors, and then paying BACK those favors, but at the cost of others who trusted you to do the right thing and you feel bad but these people who you owe a favor to are not very nice and they threatened you and in fact you felt a little threatened to accept the favor in the first place so what we're you supposed to do? Yeah I know...it's not hard to just DO THE RIGHT THING, but it's also not hard to make mistakes! This is not the fairy tale world where everything happens the way it's supposed to happen, ok? This is the real world where people make mistakes all the time and then they worry more about getting caught than anything else because our species has a way of passing judgement on others in a way that would make you feel as if you're the only person who has ever sinned when really you're just the only one who got caught at this moment in time. People feel like they are better than others because so many moments pass where someone else is getting caught doing something wrong in which they themselves did not get caught doing anything wrong, and when a moment comes in which they have been caught doing something wrong it appears to be much less wrong doing by comparison than what they witnessed during all those moments which passed by in which they had not been caught doing something wrong. They do not seem to calculate that they were doing wrong the whole time. Since their wrongdoing was not pointed out to them by another person, it did not seem to register. If they were not judged for it, it apparently did not count. If they got away with it, they did not do it. Causing their judgement towards others to be harsher because they failed to recognize that they too were guilty of much. So basically, yeah, we WANT to do good, but being that we are human, you should probably not trust us completely. You should probably demand that our organization be completely transparent. But it's OK we don't mind because we realize that, with the responsibility it takes to (govern a nation of people/help guide your spiritual life/educate the populace/etc), it should be no problem for us to lose some of our privacy if we are declaring ourselves to possess such a grasp of understanding of the responsibility necessary to undertake such a vital and crucial task. In other words, it's OK because you don't HAVE to trust me. I don't mind having my every move and word tracked while I'm on duty. In fact I prefer it, as this way none of my shining moments will be missed and there will be no base to any claims made against me. But no matter how good I appear to be, still never trust me. I could be gaining your trust to try to trick you." Or something like that?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

network dude

OK, so please show the results of the investigation. the official ones.
That way we can operate on facts, and not just some slander. there is a difference.

"Deny Ignorance" is so inconvenient.

Patiently waiting on inconvenient truth.......

Fitz

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

Oh look another Freemason crawling out of his hole. You are the one being ignorant by picking that post out and not addressing my reply where I mentioned this report was leaked to the Independent and we don't have it yet. Its part of an ongoing investigation so it wasn't released to the public yet. I however trust the Independent and made sure to check other news sites also reported it and it wasn't just 1 site saying this.

It would be very ignorant to trust everything a secret society that takes a blood oath to lie to you like Freemasonry. I choose to deny ignorance instead.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Unilluminist

Oh look another Freemason crawling out of his hole. You are the one being ignorant by picking that post out and not addressing my reply where I mentioned this report was leaked to the Independent and we don't have it yet. Its part of an ongoing investigation so it wasn't released to the public yet. I however trust the Independent and made sure to check other news sites also reported it and it wasn't just 1 site saying this.

It would be very ignorant to trust everything a secret society that takes a blood oath to lie to you like Freemasonry. I choose to deny ignorance instead.

Keep at 'er, chief. And you trusting a leaked source that confirms a preexisting bias is somehow...what? Noble? Do the math on how old these 'stories' are. There's a more likely excuse why it's a leaked store verging on puberty; there's nuthin' to it.

Time'll tell

Fitz

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

The report was from 2002 but the leak and stories are from today and yesterday. The fact it took so long for us to hear of this and that we wouldn't have heard about it anytime soon if not for a courageous leaker shows how much Freemasonry has corrupted the system.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Unilluminist

The report was from 2002 but the leak and stories are from today and yesterday. The fact it took so long for us to hear of this and that we wouldn't have heard about it anytime soon if not for a courageous leaker shows how much Freemasonry has corrupted the system.

Given the age, I say bored noob.

Colour me skeptical. This has all the hallmarks of a conspiracy site fodder that'll be forgotten in less than a fortnight

Fitz

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join