It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living with Celiac disease and other life altering allergies

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by woodsmom

I will write them down and send site message for you.. first i need to find english meanings to some of the incredients. You have psyllium in there ? and Profiber ?

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Many many many thanks!
I will search out anything that I may need!

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by woodsmom

Hi, I too have been diagnosed with celiac disease for about 9 months now, but have had the symptoms for about 30 years. I too developed allergies. In my case to dogs and cats. I'm sorry that you have had to give up your dog. I know it is a hard thing to give up a beloved pet. In my experience, it takes about 6 months to rid your home of all the allergens. In my experience, steam cleaning your furniture, damp dusting every surface and washing any cushion covers, curtains etc helps a lot.
I found this site very helpful when I was diagnosed. It is American based, and full of useful information.
www.celiac.com...
You asked about bread. A couple of sites I found useful are
glutenfreegirl.com... She has a good GF flour and some good recipes to try if you are a bit of a foodie.
theworldofglutenfreebread.blogspot.co.uk... This is a UK site that I have found quite good. There are plenty of GF food sites out there. I am sure you will find one that will suit you and your family.
A few things that I have found useful since I have been diagnosed are, going dairy free. Lactose is absorbed by the tips f the villii, and as these are flattened in Celiac disease, you might find that you are lactose intolerant. I also found taking digestive enzymes helpful, as the gut is not digesting food properly . Probiotics I also found helpful. I also take a broad spectrum multivitamin and mineral suppliment, again, as your gut does not digest food properly, you may have sub optimal levels of these. I have also been put on a calcium and vitamin D suppliment by my dietitian, something you may want to consider if you are a woman of a certain age, especially if you live in an area that has low levels of sunlight, as osteopenia/osteoporosis may be a problem. Take time to discover what type of GF diet will suit you/your family. Many GF junk foods are expensive. Many naturally GF foods can be healthy. Experiment and see what works for you. Also be good to your self. You will take time to heal, don't be surprised if your recovery takes time. you may feel that you are on a bit of a roller coaster at times. Some days are good, other times you may wonder if you are getting anywhere at all
Forgot to add, one of the most important things I learned over the past 9 months is to read the label on every food item you buy, and I mean every time. I have been glutened most often by things you think should be gluten free, but are not.
edit on 20-2-2014 by horseatemymoney because: forgot to add a bit about food labels

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by horseatemymoney

Vitamins vitamins vitamins! You should be on more than just calcium and Vit D. I take Iron, Vit A, B vitamins, mineral supplements, the works.

But then again it took 10 years for me to get a diagnosis (at least that is when I first started getting the close to labor like stomach cramps, but I remember always feeling icky after I ate lunch as a kid) so I was very nutrient deficient.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

I am on abroad spectrum multivitamin/mineral tablet9(formulaV extra potency) plus Lamberts vitamin B-50 complex Adcalx2, a vitamin C and multi vitamin effervescent tablet, as well as having 2 green juices daily. My last blood work screening in November came back normal. I also take a omega oil suppliment and Glaucosimine for my joints. I take probiotics and digestive enzymes for gut health. Also for general health I take oregano oil with colloidal silver for when I feel the need. My doctor and dietitian seemed pretty pleased with my progress the last time I saw them. If you have any suggestions on improvements I would be glad to hear them.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by horseatemymoney

Thank you! It has been a hard couple of weeks without the beast. It was the most difficult decision I have had to make that I can ever remember. He was one of my babies. Luckily he lives with a friend of ours now so we can go see him still.

I have come across most of the websites you listed, thanks for the links! A least there is info out there on how to relearn how to cook, eat and live.

Just like calstorm, I'm also on many vitamin and herb supplements. They really do help, I have regained my energy levels quite a bit with the support of my supplements. I got glutened about a week and a half ago and spent the entire day in bed puking. It took me almost 3 days to get my energy levels back up to usable after being without my vitamins for a day.

I'm amazed at the support system out there,and there is an extensive one. I also want to deeply thank everyone here that has offered help and support. Stay safe and healthy everyone!

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
To the OP ... lots of times these things travel in packs. If you have one autoimmune, others will pop up. My advice - (not that you asked) - get tested for LUPUS, SJogrens, etc ... Because it sounds like you could have other issues that aren't diagnosed yet and getting on plaquinel (or other meds) might help (if you are DX'd with those thing).

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Any advice is welcome, thank you.
That seems to be true in my case. I'm still strengthening my system and hoping for the best once I get things back on track. I am having difficulties digesting any proteins at the moment and have added papaya to my mix. It seems to be helping.

So far my naturopathic doctor has been incredible. I have issues with the mainstream medical establishment. Hopefully we can figure it all out with my ND, if not then I will revisit a more mainstream approach. Thanks for the names of some of the issues, it gives me a place to start researching.

My stubborn refusal to completely change my life has set back some of my healing. My breathing problems got steadily worse until my fur baby went to live with my friend. Just gaining back some of my lung capacity has improved daily life already. My biggest fear now is what my reaction to spring will be. The birch trees are the only allergen that I have not removed from my life, but that entails moving. We are just going to wait and see.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join