It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fema adds on ATS.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Am I the only one that sees these adds? To me this is weird as Fema has been tied into the NWO conspiracy and many other conspiracies on this site. Yes I understand that ATS needs to make money from advertisements, but really?? FEMA??

ATS should have ads from NWO, The Seekers, Fukushima, Lockheed & Martin, DARPA, CIA, CSEC, CSIS, MI5, MI6, FBI, DHS, Central banks or any other criminal Elitest organisations. Do you see what I mean? Granted some of those are far-fetched, yes, but if your going to advertise for one you may as well have ads from every other major conspiracy organization.

Im not trying to cut ATS down but why is this organization (that is linked to NWO, D.U.M.B's, Concentration camps and Martial Law etc) allowed to advertise on a conspiracy site that is loaded with people who believe that FEMA is an evil organization?

Could this be a Psychological tool? or could it be like a subliminal message? because we usually ignore the adds, but our brain may pick up on it subconsciencly if its on the screen...

In the end this is just a rant. Just me blowing off steam. Its just ironic to me and does not seem right.
I understand that ATS makes it clear that the views and opinions on this site are that of the individuals and not from ATS. I know that kind of answers my questions but it is an interesting topic don't you think?

(post by ProAsHeck removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
ATS isn't specifically selecting FEMA ads to run. It looks like they use AdChoices and/or GoogleAds.

I just had an ad for an Elton John concert from TicketsNow. I clicked on the AdChoices icon, and this is what I got:

Why am I receiving this Ad?

TicketsNow uses Dotomi, a third party service provider, to serve interest-based advertisements (banners or links) on our behalf across the Internet. Dotomi may collect anonymous information about your interaction with TicketsNow and use this information to display ads for available products and services that interest you. You do not receive more banner ads during this process than you normally do - the ads will only be more relevant.

The Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) works with providers like Dotomi to promote responsible online marketing practices. To help you understand how these ads work, the NAI has developed an informative site to help you safeguard your online privacy and provide a way for you to opt out of interest-based advertising. To learn more visit the NAI.

Your interests are associated with an advertising cookie that's stored in your browser. By selecting one of the options below, you will be able to control whether or how Dotomi serves relevant ads to you by using the cookie. Remember, if you opt-out you will still continue to receive ads but they will not be as relevant to you. If you delete your cookies, use a different browser, or buy a new computer, you will need to renew your opt out choice.
From receiving TicketsNow ads served by Dotomi.
From receiving any online ads served by Dotomi.

TicketsNow is committed to respecting customer privacy and safeguarding their information. For more information, please review our Privacy Policy.

Dotomi adheres to the Digital Advertising Alliance's Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising; if you would like more information about interest based advertising and to manage your choices, please visit www.aboutads.info...

If you would like more information on how Dotomi provides interest based advertising while promoting consumer privacy, please visit www.dotomi.com...

I have no interest in Elton John. You probably have no interest in FEMA. But based on "anonymous data" AdChoices thinks you are interested in FEMA.

You can opt out of the ads... but why give them even more information?

I totally get your rant, though. This kind of ad technology often produces wildly inappropriate ads for the webpages they appear on.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
yeah! I don't like ads from BMW because that's an elitist brand. And I don't like ads from Jeep, and what's this with ads from smokey the bear? The Ad Council is a known front for the NWO. And Shindigz? WTF is that?!? It's candy! It rots your teeth! And it's a conspiracy! In fact, if you don't remove these ads I am outta here and THAT will show you!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by snypwsd

I am fine with Fema and other NWO organizations paying for me to complain about them and prove them incorrect/unconstitutional in their policies... why not?

Besides, if you stopped going to the FEMA website they would stop wanting to tell you how great they are! FEMA doesn't advertise to me here, but I am getting new pocket artillery cannon ads! Too cool...

Yes... Yes... been shopping!

edit on 13-1-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by snypwsd

Could this be a Psychological tool? or could it be like a subliminal message? because we usually ignore the adds (sic), but our brain may pick up on it subconsciencly (sic) if its on the screen...

Yes, ads are a informational psychology tool - one designed to either make you feel good, satisfy a problem you're having, scare you, show problem/solution matrix, introduce new things, make you feel part of group, celebrate your individuality, ect... They exist to make money for the purchaser of the ad.

Here look at subliminal messages in corporate logos, they exist: www.businessinsider.com...

I think to your point though, you have a cookie on your machine from visiting the FEMA site, now you get ads from them.

(post by snypwsd removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

If you go to the bottom of the page and you click on the "advertise with ATS" button it brings you to a page that basically asks companies to advertise on this site. They talk about how they have a team of people that can create banners and other ads. Go ahead click it and read it. I am not making this up.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

snypwsd
reply to post by VegHead

If you go to the bottom of the page and you click on the "advertise with ATS" button it brings you to a page that basically asks companies to advertise on this site. They talk about how they have a team of people that can create banners and other ads. Go ahead click it and read it. I am not making this up.

The FEMA ad you saw - I take it it didn't have a logo for GoogleAds or AdSense or some other company? As in, it looked like a directly ad placed and hand-picked by ATS and not generated by ad software?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Rant is not to be sued for site bashing, or member or staff bashing.
This is the thread used to deal with ads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

or, send a note to staff here:
Contacting Staff: Alerts, Suggestions, Complaints

*THREAD CLOSED*

top topics

join