It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welles House / PA's own Amityville Horror?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Has anyone heard of this location in Wilkes Barre, PA. I was doing some research on locations in PA and stumbled upon this house which seemed to get a lot press in the 1970's and 80's. It appears there have been numerous suicides at the location, as well as artifacts of a voodoo curse?

www.welleshouse.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I've not heard of it, but thanks for sharing! I am always a fan of the supernatural and scary things that give me goosebumps and make my heart skip a beat. I'll have to research this house!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by demonid011

I live near Wilkes barre ill have to check that out sometime

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Adramelech

No problem I have been researching places as well, and am always fascinated and intrigued how a locations history can potentially render it haunted. If you know of any other locations off the beaten path let me know.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I live in Corpus Christi and there is a road called Ennis Joslin that was paved over a Native American burial ground. The city is finally raising funds to put up a memorial for desecrating the location. There is a nature walk park on the side by the bay, and a friend and I just went and took pictures... you know, hunting for ghosts! I've never seen so many orbs in pictures that I've taken. You can feel them around you as well. Some positive, some negative, but many hair-raising moments!

There is also this house, featured on Discovery Channel:

www.caller.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Not heard of this house either but another thanks for sharing. Having lived in a few "haunted" houses myself I have always been drawn to other houses just to size up my own experiences as well as to make me glad that the houses I have lived in aren't as bad off as they could have been!

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by athenatree

I actually drove by the place this weekend and saw someone standing outside, after talking for a while the person had told me a ton of really creepy stories about the house going back to the 50's and a suicide that had happened in one of the rooms. Apparently some of the local residents believe that the house has a connection to another local haunting that made newspapers in the 80's.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Weird, I live in Wilkes Barre and there's not a big buzz about this place really, tbh I barely know anything about it and I live about 7 minutes drive away. The thing I associate south welles st most is that it's a very bad area, a guy I went to HS with got shot and died on that st about 10 years ago and I know there were more shootings up there than that (at least one more murder anyway)..... Is this anyway connected to the past of this place? IDK

new topics

top topics

join