It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India hails polio-free 'milestone' - thanks to vaccines

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

LoL

Like we are supposed to take you seriously when you parade yourself topless around the internet calling out people for not creating a registrar to sign so everyone knows they are concerned about vaccines.

Big guy running his mouth, why don't you go create a website with your information made available to the public so everyone knows you want them put on a list . . . .

You are really coming across like the drunk bro at the bar wanting everyone to know how bad he is by running his mouth and taking his shirt off . . . .

Real mature . . . .

-FBB

EDIT
By your logic people should not be allowed to vote anonymously and we should all meet in a town hall and vote by show of hands.

Think about what you are saying.
/Edit
edit on 13-1-2014 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

"Are you trying to say the only way to 'try' is via vaccination?"

Certainly not. Only a multi pronged attack / defense system could cut down the chance of outbreaks significantly.

My issue is. I have been to these places. And personal hygiene plays a huge part. But unfortunately forcing people to be hygienic would still bring about a cry of "Nazis and showers" etc.... I have seen areas cleaned up by volunteers that are cesspools one month later.

You need to know this......... And I really really hope it just makes you think for one second.

In reality you have this balancing act between trying to protect everybody. While letting people follow traditional lives and beliefs that help transfer diseases.

The real problem...... Political Correctness. .... No-one in power wants to tell it like it is. What we are really up against. Because it would disgust lots of people and upset the perpetrators. It would be seen as insensitive.

I could give you examples of real causes / cases that would make you puke all over your keyboard. Which would be fine if it was just a video or a few words. But these people are coming to a town near you. They are going to sit next to you on a plane.

The fact is. For people in the know. Giving widespread jabs to everybody is all they are allowed to do. Telling you the whole truth is not allowed.

It is up to you to fill in the gaps. And ponder the real reason why so many people seem hell bent on sticking needles in you. Are you sure its not a grand conspiracy as opposed to these smart people are actually scared themselves.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
" By your logic people should not be allowed to vote anonymously and we should all meet in a town hall and vote by show of hands"

Actually yes. It is called conviction and standing by your decisions.

In my opinion one of the things wrong with society today. Is everyone wants a voice. But no-one is willing to speak up or put their hand up. All talk, no action

Eg....... In the US. How many people whinging about Obama. How many of them voted for him.

Zero accountability leads to zero accountability.

" every country gets the president she deserves"

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

But its a tough call. So you vaccinate and decrease infant mortally rates.

But the population who is used to having 10 children so 5 can survive. Refuses to adjust the planned family size according to the new environment.

Times that issue by a billion people.......... What would be your answer ?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

My issue is. I have been to these places. And personal hygiene plays a huge part. But unfortunately forcing people to be hygienic would still bring about a cry of "Nazis and showers" etc.... I have seen areas cleaned up by volunteers that are cesspools one month later.

I too have seen the sanitation in many parts of India, or rather the absolutely, mind-numbingly astounding lack of it.

Literally...(forgive me if you're eating) MOUNTAINS of crap, piled upon yet more mountains of rotting, putrid years and decades old crap...topped off with small wooden hut's, not unlike an old wild West outside privvy in design, built upon 10, 20, 30 meter stilts poised above the mountains of crap...all out in the open air.

Add to that, people just defecating anywhere and everywhere, including the floors of their homes...and 'poor sanitation' doesn't even come remotely close to it.

And the answer to their disease problem is a shot in the arm is it?

Poppycock!

If the government is willing to hand over BILLIONS to pharmaceutical corps for the drugs to treat the disease, wouldn't you think it would make just a little more sense, in every possible way imaginable, to spend the vast sums of money on removing the mountains of crap and teaching the link between astoundingly disgusting hygiene practices and disease?

I mean, sure...the poor pharma shareholders have to eat..but even after the shots are dished out like sweeties, the people are still left to eat crap..literally..and sleep in it, walk around on it, their animals eat it and...you get the picture, you've been there right?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Putting your money where your mouth is = Going into an A&E and refusing treatment from anyone who has ever been involved in a vaccination program. "because they are all evil "

We have a saying in NZ.

Yea right !

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Yes. I have seen it. And been a part of a clean up.

Then recover the body of a burnt witch a few days later left in the only local stream.

There is no solution beyond letting time and the death of a whole generation take its course.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

thedeadtruth
Putting your money where your mouth is = Going into an A&E and refusing treatment from anyone who has ever been involved in a vaccination program. "because they are all evil "
We have a saying in NZ.
Yea right !

You are completely full of it, please stay away from the water system.

Guess what, I refused to get the flu shot this year because I am not convinced of its effectiveness at 'protecting' me based on the actual studies done on it.

So you are saying I should refuse any and all healthcare because I disagree with a small portion of the practices?

Totalitarian clown you are . . . .

Maybe you should go and take EVERY SINGLE VACCINE and treatment option to show your support. Every single vaccine available, every bit of precautionary advice (dietary and otherwise), and NEVER question anything again.

You know, put your money where your mouth is and show some conviction.

If you have not taken the HPV vaccine as a male then you merely expose yourself as a hypocrite and need to go get it ASAP.

-FBB

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Sorry if I clarified my entire opinion on this subject ..

I just want accountability. From all sides.

If Big Pharma misrepresents its product. People are named and maybe charges are laid.

If individuals make choices that are proven to spread diseases and effect others. There should be consequences.

I have seen the results of big pharma cause the death of people as a direct result of withholding research for years ( over dose estrogen products. Causing blood clots and breast cancer )

But I have also witnessed individuals make personal choices that effect others. Because they "believed" something.

Both display a lack of accountability that make me sick.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

" Guess what, I refused to get the flu shot this year because I am not convinced of its effectiveness at 'protecting' me based on the actual studies done on it."

Fair call. And all power to you.

But God help you if you are wrong. Because it would be unethical and the ultimate hypocrisy to allow medical treatment past identification of said virus. At that point you would isolate yourself and hope for the best. Right ?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I also want to clarify my hard core stance on this type of subject. And in doing so demonstrate education and choices simply does not work for a massive portion of the population. Is seems as though the more educated we become it turns into an over blown sense of self entitlement. Not better choices.

Perfect eg..... Obesity.....

How many people are clinically obese. How many of these people openly disrespect common knowledge on keeping healthy. How many of these people simply don't care about the stress their lifestyle choices puts on society. It is all about them, and their wants. That they are taking more than their fair share of resources.

The fact is. Zero accountability is the luxury disease of self entitled people who deserve no respect. And definitely not more choices.

The illusion of Democracy, the illusion most people can make good decisions. Is all BS. And is why most of you are on this site. To confirm that suspicion.

Greed and self entitlement is the enemy of full disclosure. It is usually the driving force behind ignorance.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

"up yours deniers"? ..... funny if it wasn't so sad.

You just keep taking your vaccines and eating your GMO and drinking your fluoride there lil' buddy.

oh....by the way.....they have just stopped calling it polio and are now calling it paralysis ..... most people that can read and do a little research know this but whatever......here is a Wall Street Journal article for you to get you started.

www.livemint.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

No - they still call it polio.

did you not notice the motto here - DENY ignorance - not demonstrate it.

I guess you don't actually care about the 10's of thousands of people not suffering from it any more huh? Vaccines evil therefore people have to be allowed to catch disease.....never find het facts!

You are exactly the sort iof ignorance vaccine denier who deserves to be charged with manslaughter for e very child who dies because they catch a disease they should have been vaccinated for!

How does it feel to know that following your advice results in people getting sick and in some cases dying?
Aer you proud of that??

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Aloysius the Gaul

No - they still call it polio.

did you not notice the motto here - DENY ignorance - not demonstrate it.

I guess you don't actually care about the 10's of thousands of people not suffering from it any more huh? Vaccines evil therefore people have to be allowed to catch disease.....never find het facts!

You are exactly the sort iof ignorance vaccine denier who deserves to be charged with manslaughter for e very child who dies because they catch a disease they should have been vaccinated for!

How does it feel to know that following your advice results in people getting sick and in some cases dying?
Aer you proud of that??

idiotic and foolish at best. Have you looked into any....not all....just any bad things that have happened from vaccines and pharma companies? Anything at all? I have forgotten more on the subject than you will ever know. What are you like 13 ... maybe 14 years old?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

"Are you proud of that?? "

No. That would take accountability. Cant have any of that.

" Get away from me with your new fan- dango drugs. Oh but if I turn up at A&E you better do everything you can to save me. Or I will sue"

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

The near eradication of polio is one of the great vaccination/public health success stories. It also puts the lie to nearly every major anti-vaxer claim:

1. Polio was already disappearing. Nope. There were hundreds of thousands of cases in 1988, now there are a few hundred. There's a clear inflection point there.

2. Improved sanitation stopped polio. Nope. Much of the third world still lives in squalor.

3. The vaccine causes more illness than it prevents. Nope. From 2000-2013 WHO recorded 650 cases of circulating vaccine-derived poliovirus, for an average of 46 cases per year. This is an incredibly small number, compared to the hundreds of thousands of cases of polio you would expect without vaccination. And even this number will drop to zero when the OPV is replaced by IPV.

I think the goal was to eliminate polio by 2015, and they were on track before anti-vaxers in Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Nigeria started interfering with the process, killing medics, etc.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

" I have forgotten more on the subject than you will ever know "

But was this knowledge put to action, or you all talk ?

Time to man up . Name one action you have taken against big pharma that made a tangible outcome for a third party not related to you.

Aka.... Not self serving.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Aloysius the Gaul: Up yours vaccine deniers!!

LOL!

Just made that my signature...

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

thedeadtruth

" I have forgotten more on the subject than you will ever know "

But was this knowledge put to action, or you all talk ?

Time to man up . Name one action you have taken against big pharma that made a tangible outcome for a third party not related to you.

Aka.... Not self serving.

I will not be baited by you shirtless man/boy....I answer to no one but God himself. And God....you are not

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Corruption Exposed

Aloysius the Gaul: Up yours vaccine deniers!!

LOL!

Just made that my signature...

Now....see....here is someone with a sense of humor.....

holy crap.....just can't stop laughing.....had to come back....LOL.....so funny
edit on 13-1-2014 by UxoriousMagnus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join