It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Democrats really believe their party is anti big-business?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
"Obamacare is projected by the Congressional Budget Office to funnel $1,071,000,000,000.00 (that’s $1.071 trillion) over the next decade (2014 to 2023) from American taxpayers"

This is just one example, but it makes me irate when idiotic Democrats tell me that their party is for the little guy and Republicans are for "big business".
I contend they both rob us taxpayers and give to the corporations.

Here is the article the quote is from:
m.weeklystandard.com...
edit on 13-1-2014 by yamammasamonkey because: I removed a comment that was likely to cause the discussion to turn away from it's intended purpose.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Do Democrats really believe their party is anti big-business?

Yep they sure do!

They have a slightly hipper rap than those who they demagogue, but we all know who is the party of 'Rob from the rich' and give to the so called 'needy'.

Get your free fiat currency, and corporate products sign up at any Democrats office.

That has put this nation 17 trillion in the red trillions more owed to social programs all so people can go out and buy more 'stuff'.

Absofreakingloutely.
edit on 13-1-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by yamammasamonkey

Well with sales taxes, excise taxes, and all the other slew of random taxes, just because you don't pay income tax doesn't mean you don't pay taxes. You'd be hard pressed to find someone who pays $0 in taxes.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

OK, that's a different discussion and I shouldn't have included it.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

Well with sales taxes, excise taxes, and all the other slew of random taxes, just because you don't pay income tax doesn't mean you don't pay taxes. You'd be hard pressed to find someone who pays $0 in taxes.

IS that right ?

But income taxes is always the hot topic.

Make someone else pay!

Ya know Payroll taxes, and FICA taxes don't pay for those social engineering programs.

Sale tax, and excise tax, and that 'slew' of other taxes don't pay for it either.

In fact even with the asinine taxation in this country still doesn't begin to cover federal spending.

Hell even printing money out of thin air, borrowing money from other countries, and issuing treasuries still doesn't come close.

All so people can go buy corporate products, and fatten them evil corporations pockets!

Big Business.

Anti business ?

The left is the most pro business group in this country.

Oh and the income tax was created to pay down government debt.

The US government was not created to pay for our existence, and give us all the corporate products, and fiat currency our little hearts desire.

By robbing from one group of people just because another group of people 'feel' disenfranchised.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yes the Left favors big business, but you strangely worded your post like the right doesn't do that either. That's odd since they are responsible for off the top of my head Trickle-down Economics, the M.I.C., and the bailout in 09 (Bush signed that not Obama). I'll just go ahead and chalk it up to the internet making it hard to get your point across and not something like you being so partisan blinded that you believe the right deserves no blame

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

No politicians that have significant roles in this theater are anti-big business. It's all owned. After Nafta and TPP I think we can safely say that Dems play the corporate stooge quite well. To have to choose between malevolent facists and corporate carpetbaggers is no real choice.

There are some that talk the talk Like Ron Paul, Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders. Can't play for real without money and media influence though.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Yes the Left favors big business, but you strangely worded your post like the right doesn't do that either.

So what ?

The topic isn't about the right.

Demagoguery already label them the 'party of big business', but 2/3 of mandatory government spending is on social engineering programs created by the left all so people can go out and buy more stuff.

The right didn't do that.

The right doesn't force people to buy corporate products(obamacare)

That is the party of probusiness the left.

Trickle up 'economics' aint working out so well.

OVer 100 million Americans dependent on government for their existence.

Get your free corporate products, and fiat currency!

Vote Democrat!

ETA the MIC mythos ?

I love when people try to bring they up and they never pay attention to the WIC.

The Welfare Industrial Complex.

www.usdebtclock.org...

Social Engineering programs account for the largest transfer of wealth in this country.

the bailout in 09 (Bush signed that not Obama)

Do you mean this?

The TARP bailout fund, which pumped nearly $500 billion into the nation's leading banks, automakers and insurers, is getting closer to the break-even point.

money.cnn.com...

Looks like it was repaid unlike the OBama bailouts, and money blown on 'going green'.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
It basically depends on which type of business they are talking about. Kerry, for example, was deep in the pocket of the telecoms. Want to know why your don't have a la carte cable? Ask Kerry among others. Certain aspects of business are into certain party pockets deeper than others, and each side does its best to make the other side pay when their time comes. As a result, we have one fecked up mess of a tax code between all the loopholes and exemptions.

Now we can argue who controls whom business or government, but at the end of the day, it's government's job to make the laws. They have the power. If they had more integrity, less greed, then saying "no" shouldn't be a problem. If we had more integrity, less greed, voting for people who had the fortitude to say "no" shouldn't be a problem. But, everyone has a price It guess, and we let our politicians get bought and in turn buy us.

It's a sad state of affairs.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Just pointing things out for fair play. For the record I agreed with you with my first post, you don't have to jump down my throat about it. Just wanted to set the record straight and all. You shouldn't talk about one party sucking up to big business without talking about the other.

Also I don't care if TARP was repaid, it still should never have happened. Rewarding bankers with a loan to save their asses when they gambled away the wealth of many an American is just wrong. Those banks should have failed.

ETA: I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt about the partisan thing, but the way you jumped on my post like I was personally attacking you for calling out the Republican party almost makes it seem like you just wanted to celebrate and mock the Democrats' shady business operations.
edit on 13-1-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by neo96

Yes the Left favors big business, but you strangely worded your post like the right doesn't do that either. That's odd since they are responsible for off the top of my head Trickle-down Economics, the M.I.C., and the bailout in 09 (Bush signed that not Obama). I'll just go ahead and chalk it up to the internet making it hard to get your point across and not something like you being so partisan blinded that you believe the right deserves no blame

Quoted for truth.

The 'illusion' that is foisted upon the gullible masses is what keeps TPTB in said power. Party A is for this and Party B is for that, you better pick a side sheeple... just an offense.

Derek

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

do you really believe that we vote for the president and there is a left and a right? Your being played.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

We aren't that gullible. Over half the congress are millionaires since they got the job. Did not happen with wages. Perhaps then, corporations and their greed are the enemy, not democrat or republican voters. They are the only ones with enough money to make them rich.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
If you think financial regulations, safety regulations, anti-outsourcing plans, less tax breaks for the super rich, unions, ending child labor, workplace discrimination act, paycheck fairness act, minimum wage laws, overtime compensation, unemployement benefits, etc..
Yes, then we are "anti-big business".

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

The only difference is that the Democrats use Marxists talking points to blind the masses. The republicans would just not say anything.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by amfirst1

What are "marxist talking points" so I will know if I am guilty.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Lets say the government can do 10 things that help business, the downside is that for each thing you do for business it hurts the middle class, environment, and society. The democrats and the main reason the majority supports them, they will give business 5 out of 10, they attempt to be balanced while favoring business. The republicans however will attempt all 10 and to hell with the people, environment, and society.

This is how I see it.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DocScurlock

No I don't. I said both do it. I'm not with either side. My main point is that Republicans (the right) I know admit that the politicians they are affiliated with are way to cozy with big business. They also do not seem dillusional about the real problems this causes. The Democrats (the left) I know express themselves in a way that suggests they think the Republicans are in on the scam with the corporations, but somehow their sides' politicians are somehow able to keep themselves from being embroiled in this same dilemma. I'm asking if they actually think the Democrats' politicians are protecting them from the Republican/corporation conglomerate of thievery. I ask this because it is the way they (democrats/the left) try to present the situation. Do they believe it or are they just programmed to present it this way?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I believe the whole thing is a dog and pony show, a farce, a legal way to buy and sell out humans and human kind.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by neo96

You mean all the blame don't you Kraz? Whatever bail outs, trickle down, its all just flowing right out of our back pockets.

new topics

top topics

join