It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doppelganger Confusion, Anyone?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MadHatter364

All my life I've been confused with a guy who lives in a small town a few miles from mine. A few years ago, my wife and I were at a local bar one Saturday afternoon, and a woman looked at me in all seriousness, and said " Aren't you going to speak to your sister-in-law" ? At first, I thought she was speaking to someone else until she got up and came over to me. She still thought I was him ! I've had things like that happen all the time. I'd like to meet him too, just to see what I look like to other people.

It's been a few years since that happened. Maybe he left, or we no longer look so similar. They say we all have a doppleganger.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Okeyd57

They say we all have a doppleganger.

Yup, 7 billion people, chances are we have even more than one!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Okeyd57

Living so close to a 'twin' can sure make one wonder. I'd love to know if there is some way,way distant genetic connection.
With seven billion people on the planet, if each person had several look-alikes, wouldn't it be something to have a reunion with them?!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
It's good to know it's not just me then.

Seemed to happen a lot when I was younger, not so much now.

I had a very strange evening once when I was about 23; some lads around the same age started talking to me in this pub and wondered where I'd been all my life.

Of course I responded to them because they obviously 'knew me', and were using my name...but they were total strangers to me and, after a brief exchange, it was obvious it was mistaken identity.

These guys were staggered - more amazed than I was.

My double had the same given name as me but a different surname.

I've got this perverse idea that there are people out there who do this for a joke...hear a stranger's name, then address that person with that name and pretend to know them. It could happen (I know, I've done it lol).

Around the same age (early 20s) I had a close friend and we regularly spotted each other's doubles when we weren't together.

After a cursory time and place check, it was clear the person my friend had seen couldn't have been me, and vice versa.

It used to happen a lot, that. Almost got boring.

In the end, we surmised there must be something paranormal going on.

Still can't explain it to this day.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

I'm not surprised that you and your 'twin' share the same name; my 'twin' and I have the same name, too! What I find curious is that same names seems to be rather common. Strange, if just coincidental.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

Apparently I have a twin who lives somewhere near my town. He has had run ins with the police a few times it seems. I have several friends who are police, and it's happened a few times, I will be talking to them and some cop buddy will come up and start eyeballing me. Then they will ask a few questions as if I was a criminal. It took a few times to figure out that I have a twin around here. I have yet to meet him, but I am told we look very much alike. I just wish he was not so popular with the law.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
My dopplganger landed me in a police cell for a night and a day until I proved I was me.
2 coppers trying to tell me I was Paddy Mcsomething for 3 hours and that my accent was rubbish...I had just moved to london and forget my adresss, had no ID on me and only after when my dad faxed a picture of me with my birth certificate they realised their mistake and let me go.
Lucky bugger though looking exactly like me

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Now I feel very fortunate!
It would not be pleasant to have a look-alike that was well known by the 'law'...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join