It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nikola Tesla Dream Comes True: Wireless Power Transfer Over Large Distances With Superlens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Inventor Nikola Tesla imagined the technology to transmit energy through thin air almost a century ago, but experimental attempts at the feat have so far resulted in cumbersome devices that only work over very small distances. But now, Duke University researchers have demonstrated the feasibility of wireless power transfer using low-frequency magnetic fields over distances much larger than the size of the transmitter and receiver.

The advance comes from a team of researchers in Duke’s Pratt School of Engineering, who used metamaterials to create a “superlens” that focuses magnetic fields.

Source

I don't normally post with Beforeitsnews as a source, but this article is backed by Duke and that's where the research and production comes from.

“For the first time we have demonstrated that the efficiency of magneto-inductive wireless power transfer can be enhanced over distances many times larger than the size of the receiver and transmitter,” said Yaroslav Urzhumov, assistant research professor of electrical and computer engineering at Duke University. “This is important because if this technology is to become a part of everyday life, it must conform to the dimensions of today’s pocket-sized mobile electronics.”

This is amazing.

What are your thoughts? Will it make it into further production in the next 10 years? Will it change the way we get our power? Do you think there will be any health worries?

Photos Credit: Guy Lipworth and Joshua Ensworth, graduate student researchers at Duke University

Additional Link: www.ineffableisland.com...
edit on 1/13/2014 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Tesla knew his stuff, the dude was a genius! As for wireless power transmission becoming a reality. That will only happen if TPTB can ensure people still pay for their power, quite possibly thats why Smart meters are popping up all over the place. However said system would still be open to abuse, far to much like free energy.

That being said I really hope this type of technology becomes viable and available to the masses!

edit on 13-1-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
something wrong with your link

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Cool but a little scary - what happens to my cells if I walk between the sender and receiver? And, do you really believe cell phones do not cause cancer?

F&S&

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

You're right. I'm trying to edit the link but for some reason it keeps adding a bunch of underscores to the URL. Mods can you please give me a hand?

Thanks!

ETA: Got it fixed. Link now works.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This is great. At Princeton Plasma Physics Lab they do magnetic experiments to try to stabilize nuclear fusion. I bet this increases their power output more then 100%. I give it two years before we we see these super lens everywhere. It's wierd that the coils remind me of the anti theft tags on electronics.
S + F

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Same thing that happens when you sit next to your broadband router, which is not that much radiologically speaking.

The Sun also causes Cancer, so do most things we eat and drink these days!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

YES!!!!!! I HAVE BEEN WAITING TO HEAR SOMETHING LIKE THIS FOR A LONG TIME!!!

That being said... Tesla was stopped when he tried to bring free wireless energy to the world before. I still believe that the Elites will shut this down before we get any use out of it.

As with other wireless technology I am sure there are some health effects, especially if your going to be surrounded by this electrical field every where you go. It wont be like wifi or cell towers where you would be able to get away from the radiation by just moving away from them. With this technology you will be constantly exposed to these low frequencies. Do they say what the frequencies are?

Great thread!!!! I really do hope this gets put into use and not exploited by capitalism.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by snypwsd

"Tesla was stopped when he tried to bring free wireless energy to the world before."

We have Thomas Edison and the banking cartels to thank for that particular favor me thinks!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Yes we do have them to blame for that one. They are acting like this is a new idea. When we could have had this up and running for the past 60+ years.
It was available, all the knowledge was there.

Why is this now coming to light? I have talked about this technology with friends and family a lot over the past few years, when I bring it up most people never even heared about it before except for what ever they saw in that one magic movie.

From what I remember is that he designed his tower after researching the great pyramids. He used static electricity that was created from water running past electrodes that were drilled into an aquafer that was directly under his Tesla Tower.

Its amazing how he came up with the idea, to me it almost solidifies the theory that the great pyramids were energy generators.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I got rid of my broadband router and am currently researching the effects of supernova's non-extinction level low intensity gamma radiation. ...You do know that radiation exposure is cumulative?

Sorry. Kinda messin' with you. Going through nicotine withdrawal. Cranky+.

PS. I did F&S you before.

edit on 13/1/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

www.cancer.org...

Worth a read

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Don't worry about messing im rather partial to a little levity and also thick skinned, must be all that radiation.

Life is also cumulative eh?

I have plants sitting next to my router that do not seem to be experiencing any adverse radiological effects, but then again its not like I have a Geiger counter at hand to take a reading.

Cactus are thriving through!

edit on 14-1-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Not messin now - serious question. Can all the forces be lensed / focused? To what effect? Supposedly, gravitational lensing has no effect except visual but I wonder. Any info?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I am but a humble electronic and electrical engineer im afraid my knowledge of mathematics stretches only as far as Boolean algebra with some elementary calculus/differentiation. I imagine gravitational lensing is rather like quantum mechanics, meaning we have very little understanding of the process and even less means of accurately measuring the effects.

new topics

top topics

join