It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramid of the Mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Let us take a look at an alternate perspective of the mind.
Now the pyramid is a very powerful symbol and has been left by the ancients as a mystery for mankind to unravel.
What if they were trying to tell us something?

Something deep and profound and they went to all the trouble to make huge monuments that would stand the test of time.
The pyramid power structure is the structure from which all the 'material power' is based of. Military, Governments, Schools, Corporations etc. What do they all have in common? Compartmentalized distribution of information from the "one" at the top
controlling the flow progressively to the many at the bottom.

What if this is just the collective manifestation of the intricate workings of the individual mind which we all posses?
I have my mind. If it was just one 'thing' there would be no context at all for my mind to perceive anything but itself. So it creates another thing, a sort of empty "box." I fill this 'box' with information, this could be anything and everything as the mind needs things to compare and relate so that understanding can be achieved.

This process continues in my mind by splitting down and compartmentalizing more 'box's' with information giving it structure, hierarchy and the ability to regulate control.
When I am born, the first things I learn are boundaries and the ability to label things to aid with communication. My mind is now filling these boxes with people, words, animals and everything else that comes into contact with my senses. Everything in the boxes that I use for my perception can only be my version of the information which can be nothing more than I am able to observe in the fist place.

This becomes my mind. A complex pyramid of compartmentalized information boxes. I am supposed to be at the top (the eye) controlling everything underneath. But what if somewhere along the lines I stopped realizing that the information I was filling the boxes with was subjective to me and started to think that my version of "someone/something" (Information in a box) was actually the "real" version of that someone/something. That could cause me to arrange the hierarchy of my 'boxes' in a manner that could take me away from the top.
In my mind I could have created something more important than me because I believed that it was 'real' and not something that I had constructed.

Now if I was then exposed to a 'deity', I could definitely not see myself representing the "top box". In my mind something has to represent the top box. If this box somehow got "high jacked" then my perception would be limited to whatever I put in its place.

This was a thought I have been working on. It may or may not make sense

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDualityExperience

As babies we have to take in new surroundings and try to make sense of them immediately. We've already encoded many decision patterns into ourselves while in the womb, and then, out of the womb "What's all this?????" the brain has instincts which kick in. Slowly the surrounding, noises, colors, solid masses, begin to make sense. It takes awhile, as those who've raised babies know. The "pyramid", in your OP, is already functioning while we float in the womb.

A personal experience, and I was lucky to experience this. A bird, I think a grackle, made a nest in a hole in our eaves. We weren't going to fix the hole until the birds left. They were raised way up in the hole, outside of any contact with the backyard and space outside their hole. Mother bird would fly the food up into the hole, and there feed her young'uns.

I was sitting on the porch one day when all the birds came out for the first time. There were four babies, as I counted them. Three of them flew off immediately, all of them avoiding trees, each other, right through the branches of trees, at top speed. "How is this even possible" I thought. They had no prior experience, none, except for living in a very confined space, mainly in the dark. The fourth bird landed on top the bushes near me, look very confused, flapped its wings a little, and then took off in the exact same direction as the rest, at top speed, already an expert flyer. For the next couple of days we could see the birds following their mother around the neighborhood, she feeding them until they learned how to catch food themselves. Life learns quickly, and that is so encoded in the brain that birds, insects, and ourselves can track our surroundings and move through them, just at different rates of motion and vastly different learning curves. Your pyramid idea sits within those experiences, likely directing them from the "capstone" (or above).

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

interesting read!

reminds me of The Eye of Hurricane.

peace.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Woa, never thought of the symbolic of pyramid associated with the mind.

Now, what you just described here is very powerful. You put it in your own words very efficiently and rationally.

You probably didn't realize it but what you were trying to describe is actually ->

The boxes you talked about are created by the ego which is the 'I' and the subtle yet overwhelming persuasion it tries to project. This false inducement is: we are all separate from one another.

At the top of the pyramid you've got the true essence of life, the divine, and at the bottom, the ego, the 'I'.

It is obvious we're far from self-realization from this point of view.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

Nice graphic. Now just imagine the "source" above the top of the pyramid (can't place it into any symbol or location) and you've got a good description. Some try to image it as the eye in the pyramid, others as above the above in the kabbalah. Lots of symbols try to capture the uncaptureable. Good thread shaping up (literally).

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The word pyramid actually found its way into brain literature. The pyramids are two elongated swellings on the ventral aspect of the medulla. Your idea also fits in very nicely with the Biocentric universe theory. peace.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

This is perfect dude. This explains why learning is so much more efficient at earlier stages. When you learn something at an earlier age, the pyramid is fairly brand new. However, when you're older, it takes more knowledge about a topic before you actually start learning. This is because the pyramid requires a bigger base than the level preceding it.

I remember in Psychology they used a pyramid to describe Maslow's hierarchy of needs.

Maslow's Heirarchy of Needs

My dad also told me about a science experiment where an equilateral four-sided pyramid has to sit with one side facing exactly true north. If you place food under it overnight, the food can change color or taste or both.

The pyramid is way more magical than we know. Maybe even as important of the circle.

(I would say more important but the circle still represents infinity when the top and bottom are squeezed together.)

P.S. How the hell do you embed pictures from a phone? The embed button also seems to be broken on the laptop. Cool.

edit on 0141k3 by Lynk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I would like to share some more thoughts on this, you know to give the thread some more life.
Picturing the structure of my mind as a pyramid I am able to understand how it works on a somewhat basic level in the way I am supposed to, my own way. This would be like a "mini blueprint" for my overall understanding of the data that is everywhere I am perceiving for which my senses will turn into useful information.

Why is one person afraid of snakes and the next person spiders? Does this not show that these psychological reactions are based off the information (subjective) that has been 'catalogued' into a box somewhere within the structure of the mind.
I think it is obvious at this point that whatever is stored in these boxes is going to be real for the experiencer with very real electrical and chemical reactions.

If a person can understand the mechanics of what is taking place they can literally change their energy thus the energy around them. Seeing the information for what it is (raw data) as opposed to what an individual thinks it should be (objective fact) can allow emotional separation from thoughts and control of what is being created/perceived.

I do believe the mind creates 'artificial constructs', sort of like hidden personalities that can manifest in thoughts if the pyramid (the mind) has not been assembled correctly. What I mean by that is if it has been filled with other peoples "facts" and then stored as "fact". This creates a problem where the mind has to fill in the blanks because it has not objectively experienced what it is that it has stored.

I can understand why many people have so much fear though.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Ok ok...tough crowd

Now if my awareness is at the top of my mind pyramid, the "top box" filled with the awareness of myself, I can then start cultivating a structure of thought based on the rule that I am my own creator/manifestation. The next division of hierarchy boxes could now be filled with the highest priority of information which in my case is polarity/duality (everything then falls under this limitation). One side for each box containing positive and negative. Then from every experience I can label any one thing as both things just by looking at the experience from both extreme point of views and not attaching myself to any emotions for too long.

The mind cannot really perceive anything outside of its own existence however it will be aware it is not alone and if is not alone then "the mind" must come from somewhere outside of its own existence. This I think is what creates the struggle to gain hierarchy and control of the mind because 'something' will take the place as creator of the reality if the individual does not. Whatever is placed at the top is also creating fear because the pyramid is a power regulating structure and that is the best deterrent. A journey to the top of the mind (ascension in my opinion if you want to label it) will be encountered by fear and this is where the challenge starts. To re-label or re-use a box will require a direct experience of the same nature.
Fear will have to be encountered in order to "own" that box again.

It sounds like a battle to take back the mind because it is exactly that. The "program" has to be re-written and there are "failsafe's" to prevent this from occurring easily. Without these 'failsafe's' people would have no "grounding" to any reality format if what everyone said was just assimilated as the truth. Luckily people can override these with a bit of patience, continual effort and a good blueprint themselves of how they see reality to work with.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

TheDualityExperience
The mind cannot really perceive anything outside of its own existence however it will be aware it is not alone and if is not alone then "the mind" must come from somewhere outside of its own existence. This I think is what creates the struggle to gain hierarchy and control of the mind because 'something' will take the place as creator of the reality if the individual does not.

The mind does not and cannot perceive. The mind is the thoughts that arise - thoughts are perceived - mind is perceived.
The one at the top is the seeing eye (I) - it only sees/perceives, it does not label - it sees that there is a label (word/concept) arising on the seeing of an apparent something (minding is happening). The perceiver sees the thoughts arising, the perceiver is aware of that which arises.
The perceiver is all seeing, all knowing and ever present - it is aware of what appears (nothing can arise outside present awareness).

When one realizes oneself as the single eye there can be no internal conflict and when there is no internal conflict life is so much lighter.

edit on 15-1-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Itisnowagain

The mind does not and cannot perceive. The mind is the thoughts that arise - thoughts are perceived - mind is perceived.

I understand what you are saying here and it is correct also. I think you perhaps might be missing the point I am making that everything has to be labeled if you want to "play" with others.
The mind is perceived but it cant perceive itself so it perceives 'others' therefore I can label it.

The one at the top is the seeing eye (I) - it only sees/perceives, it does not label - it sees that there is a label (word/concept) arising on the seeing of an apparent something (minding is happening). The perceiver sees the thoughts arising, the perceiver is aware of that which arises.
The perceiver is all seeing, all knowing and ever present - it is aware of what appears (nothing can arise outside present awareness).

I do not follow your label system here. Seeing is only part of perceiving. The combination of all my senses is my perception.
I have never seen thoughts arising however I was aware of these feelings hence I could "perceive" thoughts.

When one realizes oneself as the single eye there can be no internal conflict and when there is no internal conflict life is so much lighter.

Well that is what I am trying to do here is explain as best I can how I have achieved what I have. Take it or leave it but I am tired of people who say things like "When one realizes oneself as the single eye there can be no internal conflict and when there is no internal conflict life is so much lighter". That's great and all but how is it achieved, how does someone who doesn't even know what your talking about escape internal suffering?
Thank you for posting your thoughts.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Interesting analogies.

Now if I was then exposed to a 'deity', I could definitely not see myself representing the "top box". In my mind something has to represent the top box. If this box somehow got "high jacked" then my perception would be limited to whatever I put in its place.

I believe it is language occupying your "top box". Without it, we wouldn't be able to articulate these sorts of ideas.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Words

Interesting analogies.

I believe it is language occupying your "top box". Without it, we wouldn't be able to articulate these sorts of ideas.

Language for me would be up the top of the pyrmaid but not the top box. It is not a requirement for me to play with others i just enjoy it personally.
This is a good point though because language has been defined by others and is a very effective tool at manipulating peoples thoughts. People could not be 'herded' without this tool as it controls all thoughts flowing under its limitations, which there are many with language. Language is a bit like money in that is a symbol, a tool for synchronisation and control.

The boxes could also been viewed as "priority" information storage. For each person they will likely have different priorities. I dont invest much into the material view of the world so language to me is not as important as say a scientist or teacher who is looking to define things for other people as a "fact".
It is is important that i understand the symbols i am using as a language and the effect it has on the other 'players' so it is important in that respect to me besides there are so many languages in the world that mean nothing to me as i do not understand them.
edit on 15-1-2014 by TheDualityExperience because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2014 by TheDualityExperience because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join