It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Plans To Seize South China Sea Island From Philippines, Says "Battle Will Be Restricted"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
For those comparing a war with China to a war with Iraq .... Iraq is like Vietnam, where the US military is completely handcuffed because our might is so much greater the public is outraged at civilian deaths.

A war with Russia/China would be another matter entirely, and we would let losse the dogs of war and allow the military to run the war, not politicians. The American public would not be so adverse to the civilian casualties with a foe that directly threatens America. This would much more like the Great Wars with mass casualties on the Chinese people the destruction of as much of their infrastructure as possible. China has no capabilities outside nuclear strikes to attack the mainland US, which they would never do because it would permanently destroy their entire country as we nuked every major city they have in kind.

link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

I was with you until you said "impossible".

That is right up there with the word "never".

A big problem that cultures have is that they don't understand each other, nor do they try. But on this front, the US does have the advantage as we are a muttly people, from all over.

(Mutts live longer than purebreds) LOL

link   
reply to post by Bassago

WE have interest from another source folks. There's a 5 minute lag in some posts on here. Wonder why?

link   

Cripple China and cripple ourselves ... Can you imagine a Walmart without Chinese-made stuff on the shelves?

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Exactly, keep in mind that the US military budget outpaces the rest of the world so much that you can combine the next several countries' military budgets and we would still exceed them (I think the number is ten, but too lazy to look up sources :p ). China would have a VERY uphill battle fighting a traditional war that involved the US. Like I don't even think they'd touch our mainland. We can see the whole world in real time and be able to detect and follow and large scale invasion all the way from its starting point and be able to respond to meet that invasion. China would be absolutely CRUSHED if they attacked the Philippines and we decided to get involved (because we'd also drag the rest of the damn world into the fight along with us with most being against China).

Actually the conspiracy side of me is making me think that the elite are almost RELISHING the idea that China would even DARE attack anyone in the far east. I mean giving America a LEGITIMATE reason to attack, conquer, and impose our will on another country, instead of having to make one up? Holy crap, we'd be at war so fast, you wouldn't be able to finish saying "China has attacked the Philippines."

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

And if China decides to take what it wants by force from it's neighbors do you think the regime will still look kindly on China? Not to mention if they rebuked the US in a war (which the US will certainly win) it would then be left without much in the way of partners. In 15 years things might change, right now though... no way.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
OccamsRazor04:

They have zero force projection power...

They are a nuclear armed country, you don't get more projection power than that! I'll bet they are more willing to die for their country than Americans are for theirs, and they can absorb the loss much better. Americans, eh...think they can act militarily with impunity. America got its ass handed to it in Vietnam, China is a fair number of magnitudes above Vietnam. Hey, by all means, underestimate China, They would love you to do so.

Krazysh0t:

We didn't go into Syria either, so that is a moot point.

Bassago:

Completely different circumstances.

You are both thinking moronically! It wasn't a different circumstance at all. And the reason why America didn't go into Syria is because Britain said 'no way!' It wasn't a 'moot point' that stopped America, but the fact that it would have been going into battle with the French, and not the UK. Once Britain shoved two fingers up at America, your Government crapped itself and frantically back-pedalled, stalled for diplomatic time, and frantically looked for a way out of the 'We'll defend the rebels' speech Obama made a year earlier.

Moot Point and different circumstance, indeed! Get a grip!
edit on 12/1/14 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Just keep in mind if the dollar collapses, America hasn't got **it. You're being sold out as we speak.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

ketsuko

Cripple China and cripple ourselves ... Can you imagine a Walmart without Chinese-made stuff on the shelves?

I can only dream of the day. Isn't that what WallyWorld was founded upon originally?

As far as I'm concerned we should boycott all Chinese manufactured goods.

I do understand that would hurt plenty of US corps., but I don't care. They never should have left in the first place.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

Exactly, keep in mind that the US military budget outpaces the rest of the world so much that you can combine the next several countries' military budgets and we would still exceed them

Total spending yes, per capita the US is not the top spender .. that's a different topic though.

While I loathe any war and the loss of human life ... I have a feeling in 15-20 years we will be wishing we defeated China when it was "easy".

China 100% would never succeed in landing troops on our mainland, they have zero force projection powers. Zero. Look at their naval power compared to the US. China would also lose all the land they have purchased world wide as the US and it's allies simply took it all. China does not have any ability to defend this land.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

ketsuko

Made in India would be the next big thing .. and actually ... should be anyways. The US absolutely should stop fueling the power mad Chinese. The US economy would be hurt, but could possibly be helped by wartime manufacturing done in the US. The chinese economy would never recover.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

Americans are young mate. They won't see what they don't want to.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

EA006

Just keep in mind if the dollar collapses, America hasn't got **it. You're being sold out as we speak.

If the dollar collapsed the entire world's economy would as well and China would collapse the very next day.

link   

Where China has the advantage is in terms of manpower and the will to throw it relentlessly into battle. They have way too many young men with no prospects for a future. What do you do with them? You use them and hope most of them don't come home to cause trouble when they realize they have no hope.

link   

China 100% would never succeed in landing troops on our mainland, they have zero force projection powers. Zero. Look at their naval power compared to the US. China would also lose all the land they have purchased world wide as the US and it's allies simply took it all. China does not have any ability to defend this land.

Aren't there Chinese troops in Mexico?

link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

Seriously, if you believe that going to war in Syria is the same as protecting an international ally, the Philippines, I've got a bridge to sell you. But I'm not going to argue, if the time comes we'll see what happens. I put money that we'd drag you into the conflict and it won't even be kicking and screaming. You'd probably jump at the opportunity to attack China with us. It's all a game and the US is holding the most cards. It's just a fact of life, and if you want to win you side with that guy.

But hey you are already aware of America's rhetoric when we are largely in pro-war mode, "You are either with us or against us." Have fun trying to sit it out.

P.S.: I'm not trying to advocate war, just speaking in realistic terms. In all honesty, I'd love for no war to happen, but the only way that will happen is if China doesn't attack.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Explain.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

ketsuko

Where China has the advantage is in terms of manpower and the will to throw it relentlessly into battle. They have way too many young men with no prospects for a future. What do you do with them? You use them and hope most of them don't come home to cause trouble when they realize they have no hope.

False. What good is manpower when you lack the ability to move that manpower to your target? China lacks the ability to get troops to anywhere outside Mainland China. Their manpower is a liability in a war with the US, not an asset.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

ketsuko

Actually I can totally appreciate the idea of a Walmart without Chinese goods. It would be nice to see the renewal of American industries to stock them. Doubtful that's going to be a high priority in this situation though.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

TDawgRex

I was with you until you said "impossible".

No, I said all BUT impossible. Please feel free to read it again.

That means not impossible, just extremely improbable.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join