It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Plans To Seize South China Sea Island From Philippines, Says "Battle Will Be Restricted"

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

ketsuko

OccamsRazor04
reply to post by TDawgRex

Not to mention we detect the LAUNCHING of nukes, and would repond by launching our nukes. Launching of nukes is serious, and would end badly for everyone, most of all China.

I mentioned it earlier on the thread, but I'll mention it again.

Do they have the cyber capability to muck up our ability to detect, communicate, launch? I know there have been articles running around that mention that our defense departments have been hacked.

Or would they be more likely to just crash out Wall Street?

They haven't hacked anything like that. Most of the stuff they "hack" and steal is from unsecure networks owned by defense contractors.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

BABYBULL24
"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."

Sun Tzu

Well imo thats a strategy the US could use. Blockade all of China, we'd win the war without any offensive attacks.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

This brings to mind an article I read today about China testing a Hyper speed (mach 10) missile delivery system. I is purported to be able to breach our missile defense system. Also brings to mind a post I seen here of state run TV in China showing a strike map and the fallout. Also brings to mind the many places I have seen reporting that the US is buying lots and lots of Iodine pills. It’s all starting to add up now…….

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Maybe they can build another plastic bridge and drive tanks that weigh more than it across...

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by WesternIowaParanormal

No, it's really not. They don't have that missile system yet, so it has nothing to do with buying iodine pills.

Someday China is likely to be a threat, that day has not come.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

WesternIowaParanormal

This brings to mind an article I read today about China testing a Hyper speed (mach 10) missile delivery system. I is purported to be able to breach our missile defense system. Also brings to mind a post I seen here of state run TV in China showing a strike map and the fallout. Also brings to mind the many places I have seen reporting that the US is buying lots and lots of Iodine pills. It’s all starting to add up now…….

Well the us is already prepared for hypersonic missiles unlike the press leads you to believe the US has donr a major switch in the past decade.There new strategy well will call it the 3 ses sensors ,stealth and speed. For example the F 35b was specifically designed with the pacific in mind. For example they are stealth there fast and can hide anywhere considering they dont need run ways with the most advanced sensors on the planet. First you would honeycomb these things throughout the pacific they would shoot down or blow up anything before it even knew it was there. China has nothing to compare to this aircraft.then there is the links everything in the armed forces now can see everything else real time. We have robotic undersea sensors that can be tied into this grid not to mention droans as well. This means the f35 has major standoff capabilities as well. If that were not enough we have stealth ships. Like the DDG-1000 Zumwalt class destroyer this one ship has enough firepower to take out an entire fleet. Can sit just a couple of miles off an enemy's coast and launch cruise missiles. If thats not bad enough they know have the capabilities to guide them in as well using an F 22. Mostly due to the speed of the F 22 you can send it to an area launch cruise missiles and let the pilot decide where he wants them. Trust me right now there is no country that could stand up to the power the navy can place. And the worst part is theyll never know where they are and they will know if there spotted on sensors there dead. There navy will be scared to leave port trust me.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Well, we're back in alignment philosophically for the most part, and back in line with the OP's title.

An open declaration of war between a World Power and a Super Power was what I addressed in my previous reply. I hope we don't go there either. Winning that one means killing their entire population systematically until they cry uncle ... or losing.

Obamarama doesn't strike me as having the stones to do it right. That's why I said (in my original post-in-thread), that we'd probably settle for concessions. I didn't say that China would keep the island. They'd probably trade that off for greater geographic controls in the area, letting everyone save face, and making America look weak again on the World Stage.

Politics ... right?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Snarl
reply to post by Bassago

Well, we're back in alignment philosophically for the most part, and back in line with the OP's title.

An open declaration of war between a World Power and a Super Power was what I addressed in my previous reply. I hope we don't go there either. Winning that one means killing their entire population systematically until they cry uncle ... or losing.

Obamarama doesn't strike me as having the stones to do it right. That's why I said (in my original post-in-thread), that we'd probably settle for concessions. I didn't say that China would keep the island. They'd probably trade that off for greater geographic controls in the area, letting everyone save face, and making America look weak again on the World Stage.

Politics ... right?

Yeah but its not up to him the Philippines are driving this train next stop?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by EA006

that made me laugh out loud and only on my 2nd beer

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by heckya

Wow. There's some serious concern going on in this thread guys. I see my sarcastic climbdown wasn't really noticed.......
It would be interesting to see what the Chinese are building/stealing/being gifted behind the scenes.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

OccamsRazor04

ketsuko

OccamsRazor04
reply to post by TDawgRex

Not to mention we detect the LAUNCHING of nukes, and would repond by launching our nukes. Launching of nukes is serious, and would end badly for everyone, most of all China.

I mentioned it earlier on the thread, but I'll mention it again.

Do they have the cyber capability to muck up our ability to detect, communicate, launch? I know there have been articles running around that mention that our defense departments have been hacked.

Or would they be more likely to just crash out Wall Street?

They haven't hacked anything like that. Most of the stuff they "hack" and steal is from unsecure networks owned by defense contractors.

Gary McKinnon hacked the DoD. But 100's of 1000's of Chinese hackers can't.......REALLY!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I kinda wish that WW3 would just happen. It would solve a lot of things. And besides, I want the apocalypse to begin.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

sonicfan823
I kinda wish that WW3 would just happen. It would solve a lot of things. And besides, I want the apocalypse to begin.

Nope, TPTB wont let to happen, WW3 just screw things up. However a prolonged "cold" WW3 DO have advantages, imagine all those weapon we can create and sell in the name of "defence"! Hell yeah, ammos!

oh wait, I forgot, USA never get out from the cold war to begin with....
nevermind, we got China to buy and they are modernizing their army, new player, woot, money again!

TDawgRex
reply to post by NullVoid

You also forgot all the rare earth materials that are in that area. Though hard to get to, they are more precious than gold resource wise.

That area is the next gold rush...and now everybody has the tech to mine it as well.
edit on 13-1-2014 by TDawgRex because: Spelling and a ETA

Yeah, I really forgot bout the crystals, you beat me to it. But beating you back....
I think you missed another thing, Straits of Malacca control... the busiest straits/sea area in the world. Felt like British Hindia Company still alive!
Its laughable to see trillions of dollars used to protect 3x3 yards of scattered islands, until you know what the island are made of.

Heres the plan - A patrol area from Nothern Aus turn around Nothern Sumatera going south to replenish in Singapore, back up to the East Peninsular before Ho Chi Minh then crossing the Spratlys to Philipines and back to Singapore. There are chances to include Taiwan too! These are all "friends and allies".
On China movement, easily call those in Pacific and Japan/Korea. China army is being upgraded, until then, we remain supreme!

Damn, I'm good
edit on 14-1-2014 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

sonicfan823

It'll solve nothing, kill millions - directly, *uck up the world for generations. Keep your wish moron. I have people i want to keep forever in my life for as long as possible.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

WesternIowaParanormal

I think that strategy was done with the idea of stealth subs with missiles in mind. They get subs within range and can fry the coast before anyone knows what's happening.

The key is that they have to get subs within range which I think is much easier said than actually done. However, it wouldn't take many subs, less than five to succeed. Even so, they'd get a country full of nukes in return not that it would matter for the Western half of the US.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Snarl
reply to post by Bassago

Politics ... right?

That's the problem.

Obama.

It's likely the idiocy with Syria that is prompting China to make this move now. They see how inept we were in responding to the Syrian situation and would like to repeat that with the Spratlys. The problem is that I'm not sure that Obama is nearly predictable enough to get a repeat performance. For one thing, he really wanted to bomb Syria and so did most of the opposition in Congress.

It was only due to world opinion and American citizen opposition that he started to back off.

Where would those things be in all this mess? I'm not sure they would fall out like they did in the Syrian situation. For one things, most of the actors in the South China Sea are opposed to a Chinese power grab.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I am a reminded of the cold war between the Soviet Union and the United States in which two sides played chess for 50 + years
with out any battles..only causalities.

I think the same game of chess is developing between China and the United States.

If I am wrong and China makes a land grab .. they'll get their asses handed to them.

The US hasn't rolled out any new generations of toys since the last Roll out.. in battle since 1991
in my opinion.
Remember what happened to down town Baghdad January 1991! Yes stealth technology was loosed on the Irag's
and the rest is history.

Since then we have not really seen anything new..but i would be willing to bet a lot of money that the same evolution of weaponry has been chugging along nicely, just waiting on a new party for the them to gate crash.

Rule 1# in modern warfare.. If the Americans come out fighting with the gloves off .. expect a lot of Chinese hardware to be smouldering on the battlefield.. If you see where i am coming from.
edit on 14-1-2014 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

sonicfan823

I don't think you've really though through that statement, and if you have and you still want it to happen, you're a fool. I don't say that lightly, but no one in their right mind could really want death, destruction, and chaos on that kind of scale to occur. I don't even want the Apocalypse to happen and I have a firm faith in the Book of Revelation. There are too many people who will die for me to ever want that to occur.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Rule 1# in modern warfare.. If the Americans come out fighting with the gloves off .. expect a lot of Chinese hardware to be smouldering on the battlefield.. If you see where i am coming from.

This warfare has a name. TOTAL WAR. POW's die. Civilians are a target. Nuclear, Chemical, Biological agents are used, destruction of infrastructure, Cyber attacks, Economic attacks, subterfuge, 3rd parties....you see where i'm going...
It's not good for anyone.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by EA006

Yes, and pretty soon the whole world is involved which is no good for anyone, anywhere.

That's why this is hopefully all posturing and never goes anywhere beyond that.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join