It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Plans To Seize South China Sea Island From Philippines, Says "Battle Will Be Restricted"

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Oh come on, you were in the thread last night. I already explained what would happen to the economies of the world. We would shift into war manufacturing mode, like we did with WWII. You know the REAL reason we got out of the Great Depression (not those crappy social programs from the New Deal).

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

snowspirit
reply to post by Bassago

We unleash the full military might of the US over said Philippine island.

Yeah, I read that (page 5, I think?).
If China takes the Philipines, the US bombs the crap out of the Philipines.
Maybe not the best plan....

Yeah, bad plan. We covered so many scenaios and aspects of this seriously that it seemed time to inject a little humor. What you just said here almost screams for someone to draw a political cartoon.

On a side note, when I was 12 years old I was walking past a recently smoothed and prepared rice paddy. Being 12 it seemed too much to leave alone so I chucked a large rock onto the smoothed mud making quite a crater. Next thing I knew this Chinese farmer come out of nowhere and starts wailing on me with a 5' long bamboo stick.

Luckily an American serviceman intervened and saved my butt but I took a walloping. The moral of this was "Don't piss off the Chinese farmers!" True story.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
And Let World War 3 Officially Begins!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by YourGod

Not yet. The final pieces aren't in place.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I say bring it on, it is time for China to stop trying to build a 21st century empire and realize those days are over, The IMF and WB (both a bunch of crooks but ours nevertheless) should order a default on chinese debt and bankrupt them to stop a war before it can begin.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

LABTECH767
reply to post by Bassago

I say bring it on, it is time for China to stop trying to build a 21st century empire and realize those days are over, The IMF and WB (both a bunch of crooks but ours nevertheless) should order a default on chinese debt and bankrupt them to stop a war before it can begin.

If you think for a second that the banks will play fair in this exchange, you are sadly mistaken. If any entity has proven their intentions in the past, it is banks' willingness to play both sides of a war so no matter who wins or loses, they win.

www.rumormillnews.com...

www.globalresearch.ca...

www.henrymakow.com...
edit on 13-1-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

That would mean they had, emmm some-kinda guide-line, like a... a... they know the........moral's that's the word.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

LABTECH767
reply to post by Bassago

If you think for a second that the banks will play fair in this exchange, you are sadly mistaken. If any entity has proven their intentions in the past, it is banks' willingness to play both sides of a war so no matter who wins or loses, they win.

It's not just that they sit on the sidelines while we battle it out and then keep all the winnings. I'm trying to wrap my mind around the total ramifications of the US defaulting on Chinese debt but I don't see that turning out well economically on a global scale. China currently has $3 trillion in external debt I'm sure they could also disavow.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
America was isolationist before two world wars got underway, so I don't see any difference now, in any case, wise commanders attack when they are prepared, and the opponent is not, is America prepared? Congress had to stop the USAF from scrapping all its A10's!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

We would shift into war manufacturing mode, like we did with WWII.

If I recall correctly , we were successful in doing that during WWII because we had the skilled labor to do that and the manufacturing plants to do that.

I'm not so confident that we would easily and smoothly transition into war manufacturing mode. Plus most of our military systems require electronic chips manufactured overseas primarily in China if I'm not mistaken.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

Maybe, maybe not. I guess that falls back on the "America will defeat itself" line of thinking that was brought up earlier today, which again is pretty much the most likely reason we'd lose a war with China.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

Explain why they have an interest in China over the US and why they have an interest in the US remaining unbroken.

I think they'd like the US to be brought low. We still have a few too many independent-minded citizens for their liking I think.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

andy1972

Krazysh0t
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

China is a WORLD power and has the ability to hurt us if they wanted to do so. Something tells me if China started to pose a real threat to us, the patriotism that we displayed around 2001 will reemerge and exist until the threat has been vanquished.

China my friend is not Iraq, or a banana republic like panama. China has they capacity to put America well and truly in the hurt locker.
After ten years of war and the loss of thousands of American boys, people wouldnt be so patrioic because they know China has the capacity to send hundreds of thousands to thier graves.
Jingoism, sabre rattling, its all fine and dandy, but nobody wants to loose a son.

I've outlined throughout the thread my reasons along with another poster why China doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of doing anything to us.

China may have tons of people, but they have limited means to get them to our country that would effectively create a bottleneck of troops pouring in that the US could easily get on top of. Now go off and read some more. We had a pretty lively debate in this thread last night, it should be a good read for you.
edit on 13-1-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

I wouldn't say China doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell. We along with most of the world love cheap labor and guess who has been manufacturing a good portion of the electronics that goes on our classified military equipment? Keep an eye out for malfunctioning equipment when most needed or the lack of parts required for maintenance and manufacturing at time of war.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

interupt42

Krazysh0t

We would shift into war manufacturing mode, like we did with WWII.

If I recall correctly , we were successful in doing that during WWII because we had the skilled labor to do that and the manufacturing plants to do that.

I'm not so confident that we would easily and smoothly transition into war manufacturing mode. Plus most of our military systems require electronic chips manufactured overseas primarily in China if I'm not mistaken.

Most of our inability to get things done isn't do the willpower of the average citizen, at least out here in flyover. It's due to the bureaucrats and the activist groups who get in the way of everything that vaguely resembles economic progress and manufacturing and industry. There's a reason it's called the rust belt. A lot of those facilities are sitting there in mothballs.

Now how viable they are and how quickly they could be opened and refit? I don't know.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

yeah and its not like those in the Philippines are short on arms of any kind either and they have quite the large and organized criminal element in side their nation that could complicate things for any future invaders of the islands,they have a good amount of small arms and for the region what amounts to pretty popular gun culture on the island

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

Well that would be interesting. I wonder if they (the Chinese) could pull it off.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

OccamsRazor04

Argyll
reply to post by TDawgRex

Did you ever stop to think for a moment that if China starts a restricted war (yea...that worked so well in the ME didn't it?), then we basically don't have to pay off our debt to them since they have attacked one of our allies?

I see what you are saying, but I think China are playing the long game, they are a very powerful nation, if, and it's a big if at the moment, they make any moves in the Philippines then they will most certainly have taken the US debt into consideration.....and to be brutally honest, if the only contingency plan the US have taken to deter the Chinese from any military action is "if you attack one of our allies then we ain't paying our bills"......then things aren't looking too good!

No we have the ability to wipe China from the face of the Earth if we wanted, and prevent any invasion by Chinese forces with ease. China has zero force projection and would be unable to retaliate with any conventional weapons.

^^^^ This.

There is a cevat, however, china doesn't need to project force to mainland USA. We have to come to them to defend the philipines, probably certain doom for our forces. If our pacific fleet were to be more or less wiped out, there wouldn't be the several months of rebuilding time we had during WWII, and then there is Russia, who does have some force projection ability left.

It's a messy situation if China were to openly attack and invade and simply wipe out the civilian population.... it will be WWIII

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

You got your ass handed to you...kicked out by the Vietcong.

In all fairness the British got the same...Revolutionary war ring a bell?

If I remember correctly you were well armed, and you got kicked out by a lesser armed colonists.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by vind21

And how pray-tell do you think China will be able to wipe out the biggest navy on the planet?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by Argyll

You do know that China's "great" economy is pretty much dependent on our economy right? In fact, I'd say that THEY are more dependent economically on us then we are on them. China really doesn't have as much debt of ours as the alternative news sites like to yell about.

The whole situation is screwed anyways. Just like Japan, if China does something, we have to back the country attacked. In this case, the Philippines. If we don't, we will lose major face in the world and could suffer diplomatically all over the world, with most of the damage occurring in the far east. If we do, then we are probably looking at the start of a major war that could easily escalate into the dreaded WWIII.

Keep in mind, once China's economy falters (they won't be able to ship all the cheaply made goods back to America if we are at war with them), and it will if they attack the Philippines, they will have to commit to the war machine and conquering resources to stay prosperous. Shortly expect wars into Japan (might as well get those islands back while they are reclaiming things). Once Japan is involved, if we've sat out until now, we'd pretty much have to get involved to continue to have any reputation on the world scene.

Exactly and they also wouldnt be able to ship to most of europe. There economy would come to a screeching halt.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join