It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was there a plot to kill Bush in Chile?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Did Bush actually save his own life? (Reminds me of Kennedy being separated from his Secret Service, by the local police prior to his assassination. What if history was meant to repeat?)

Assassination Attempt?

patterico.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
First off, im proud of some of you known Bush bashers for being objective and NOT condemming Bush for doing this....I too think I would have gone to get the rest of my entourage,especially if it was my bodyguard.

Im not going to wave the go bush flag here tho....this seemed like a natural reaction and responce...he reached thru the crowd, grabbed his guy and probably said...excuse me, im the USA President and this guy is with me...let him by.

I could picture secret service getting rough in 30 more seconds as their job is to be by the Presidents side no matter what. This could have gotten ugly. The Presidents natural responce was both effective and helped deter an escalation in the doorway.

someone in the Chilean security needs to appologize for screwing up security....There were MANY world leaders here and threats all around for many of them not just Bush.
My first thought was it could have been an attempt to test presidential security OR take a pop at Bush once seperated from his security.

I have also not seen anyone say that this could be part of security....they train the President to "if seperated from your detail, move twords them." This makes sense for the president to be aware of his security and not just blindly walk around assuming he's safe.

Dgtempe, your blind zeal to get the president is really starting to become evident to more and more people, it does not serve you justice....as you may be intelligent and have something to contribute, but this point is lost under all the get Bush rhetoric. Try a new approach. Open your mind to other ideas than the ones you hold up. Mabey in this case, the President was just a person doing what many of us would have(and have said) we would have done in similar situations eh?

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 02:36 AM
link   
"Im not going to wave the go bush flag here tho....this seemed like a natural reaction and responce...he reached thru the crowd, grabbed his guy and probably said...excuse me, im the USA President and this guy is with me...let him by. "

Sorry but, "Excuse me Mr. Bouncer, but I'm with the deejay" just came to mind!!

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   
*a man with balls* for brains more like!!

Nice to see American presence in Chile doesn't always involve Bombing, Assasinaton and Dr. Evil's (Kissinger in Americanese) patented Economic Reform Programs .

[edit on 23/11/2004 by Corinthas]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leespitfire
Insults like that are just a waste of time my friend. Educated adults see right thru a fallacy such as yours (attacking the person instead of the argument).

Bush displayed abscence of common sense and protocol in his little display of "manliness."

He should have left the more experienced other Secret Service agents to deal with the situation.

The "experienced" Special Agents were dong such a good job of dealing with the situation, weren't they? Pushing the Chileans and getting pushed back.

The question is "Why did the Pres have to do this?" Who made the decision to exclude the President's security, without which no President travels, from the hall?
Had Prince Charles done the same thing, would you be bashing him?
The organisational abilities of the USSS would guarantee they had all the required passes before time.

Perhaps the Special Agents were so focused on their mission that when they were blocked they went into automatic response mode. "I must protect the President. You are preventing me from doing that. You are a threat to be dealt with." I don't know, not being a USSS Special Agent.

What is more interesting to note was Chile's response. Which I do agree with. If the President's security can go where it wishes, armed, in a foreign country but demand nationals of that country submit to searches...Well then, there will be no dinner.

As one official who wished to remain anonymous said "You want to search the Cheif Justice of the Supreme Court before he can enter his own seat of government?" when you're a guest of that government and Chief Justice.

I can't stand the man or his policies, but I see no legitimate opportunity to bash him here.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Originally posted by moxyone
you liberal chicks are laughable.
and irrelevant.

er , this is so .....

ahemmmmmmmm

This has to be one of the most funny posts I have seen in a long time.

WAY ABOVE VOTE FROM ME!

You don't like liberal chicks, too bad...what kind of chick do you like, the ultraconservative one who wants sex once a year and confess herself at church on sunday, that's o.k, I respect that! Glad to make you laugh a bit ED....with you ultraconservatism way of thinking you must not laugh very often! Keep your good thread on how you like nobody but Bush and yourself, sure you'll make a lot of new friends by laughing at chicks like myself, who just want to be cool and help you...really, you should stop your little game on ATS, no one is interessted by what you say dude!

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I think the Chileans were planning an assisination attempt by not allowing Bush any security as he attended the dinner, but Bush out of his own bravery foiled his own assisination attempt.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
I think the Chileans were planning an assisination attempt by not allowing Bush any security as he attended the dinner, but Bush out of his own bravery foiled his own assisination attempt.

I COMPLETELY agree with this. Security for a presidential visit is planned weeks in advance. There was no reason for the Chilean security forces to separate Bush from his security detail.

Smells like a classic 3rd world / mafia setup. Separate the guy from his muscle and then do the hit.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty

Well, did you even see my post? or, am I invisible again? (I so hate when that happens)

"Did Bush actually save his own life? (Reminds me of Kennedy being separated from his Secret Service, by the local police prior to his assassination. What if history was meant to repeat?)

Assassination Attempt?

patterico.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amelia

You don't like liberal chicks, too bad...what kind of chick do you like, the ultraconservative one who wants sex once a year and confess herself at church on sunday, that's o.k, I respect that! Glad to make you laugh a bit ED....with you ultraconservatism way of thinking you must not laugh very often! Keep your good thread on how you like nobody but Bush and yourself, sure you'll make a lot of new friends by laughing at chicks like myself, who just want to be cool and help you...really, you should stop your little game on ATS, no one is interessted by what you say dude!

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Actually she is conservative and I probably get more sex than you do
In our mid-thirties 5-8 times a week, happily marrried 12 years!

It was still a damn funny post.....haven�t you figured it out yet? you and your kind are irrelevant!

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Colombia reveals Bush assassination plot

A top Colombian official says US President George W Bush was targeted for assassination by Colombia's biggest Marxist rebel group this week when he visited the Caribbean port city of Cartagena.

Colombian Defence Secretary, Jorge Alberto Uribe, says informants and various sources had indicated "that various members of the FARC had been instructed by their leaders to make an attempt against President Bush".

He would not reveal details of the threat.

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Pleeeze, Ed, do we need to hear about your sex life?

I think NOT.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempePleeeze, Ed, do we need to hear about your sex life?I think NOT.

Well lets see, it seems that I was put into a category that was not even close. Us conservatives get laid too?

Originally posted by Amelia
You don't like liberal chicks, too bad...what kind of chick do you like, the ultraconservative one who wants sex once a year and confess herself at church on sunday, that's o.k, I respect that!

Deception No.1

Glad to make you laugh a bit ED....with you ultraconservatism way of thinking you must not laugh very often! Keep your good thread on how you like nobody but Bush and yourself, sure you'll make a lot of new friends by laughing at chicks like myself, who just want to be cool and help you...really, you should stop your little game on ATS, no one is interessted by what you say dude

Deception No.2

!Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Actually she is conservative and I probably get more sex than you do
In our mid-thirties 5-8 times a week, happily marrried 12 years!

It was still a damn funny post.....haven�t you figured it out yet? you and your kind are irrelevant!

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
[edit on 28-11-2004 by SourGrapes]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Yes, lets stay on topic in this thread shall we?

Thanks
FredT

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Thanks
FredT

Fred,
I'm new here and don't even have enough points to deduct any! Have some sympathy!

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Sour grapes. I was just about to send you a u2u asking you not to quote excessively, such as the one above. Is there something about a huge quote and a small sentence that you do not understand? If so, please tell me. I hate warning people, I prefer imploring and then banning.
Right now, I'm at the point with you of just trying to understand. Help me out. Now.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Thanks
FredT

Fred,

I just read through my posts, and you are 100% correct. I'm sorry!

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Sour grapes. I was just about to send you a u2u asking you not to quote excessively, such as the one above. Is there something about a huge quote and a small sentence that you do not understand? If so, please tell me. I hate warning people, I prefer imploring and then banning.
Right now, I'm at the point with you of just trying to understand. Help me out. Now.

Hmmm, I'm new. I did not know that I could delete part of a quote when I press the 'quote' button. Pretty simple. Last time I tried to edit a quote, my response came up as part of the 'quoted' post. Not trying to stir up anything here.

Did I mention how cool the people on this site are?

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapesHmmm, I'm new. I did not know that I could delete part of a quote when I press the 'quote' button. Pretty simple. Last time I tried to edit a quote, my response came up as part of the 'quoted' post. Not trying to stir up anything here.

Did I mention how cool the people on this site are?

Hey you are doing fine, just take your time and it will come to you. I had a hard time and so many points deducted that I can not keep track, I still get them

cheers!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join