It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trouble Swallowing: Possible radiation symptom emerging?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenbike

This is actually some sound advice. Thanks for taking the time to sign up and comment. Also, WELCOME!

I wasn't joking in last post when I said I've had some throat issues from exercising. It's also happened if I sleep funny (mouth agape or contorted weird). Shoot try massaging your own throat/neck and see if pain/troubles dissipate.

Hope you feel better OP.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Dear Ms Beck! No u havent got me confused, I'm the gardener so enthusiastic about your Seed Swap thread (come this Spring)
I've been travelling around alot b/w NorCal & Socal the past few months, on biz and haven't gotten around to garden since the fall/winter started. It's always refreshing to come home after a few days or a week and rehydrate, observe any changes in my houseplants, though.

Greenbike, I am against smartphones (I recently blogged about the Solar Flare/weather alert apps not working on non-smartphones. I make do with a QWERTY phone with bluetooth and a big screen, and use it maybe around 1000mins/mo or less these days.

Now that I have read several articles/etc online connecting swallowing issues with radiation therapy, I fear thyroid problems in 1/3 west coast kids isn't the only emerging Fukushima ailment.

Now I understand better why like 98% of the Pacific is already covered with dead sea critters, these days

Thanks again and always for concerned ones chiming in

PS: I did have a couple beers and a dinner date and a movie, we saw The Wall St Wolf with DiCaprio. My lady friend ordered Nachos and I tried to nibble a few but I keep panicking and thinking I'm choking, almost on everything now.

FUKUUUUUUUUUSHIMA I hate UUUUU

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Do you have anxiety? Or GERD? I only ask because I find I get the feeling of a 'lump' in my throat, which is only around when I eat certain foods, like meat that is too fatty. Mention it to your dr, he might want to do an endoscopy to see how your throat, digestive system is.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
What's cool, I hang around sick people all day, never got the flu shot, and haven't had the flu in ages. Hangovers, but not the flu. Maybe people drink more.

Hope you feel better.
edit on 13-1-2014 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Something else that can cause a problem with swallowing is Goiter. It's the enlargement of the thyroid gland in the neck, which is one of the symptoms of a disfunctional thyroid.

Ask your doctor to check your thyroid... you never know. It could be the onset of an underactive or overactive thyroid. The doctor can feel your thyroid gland to see if there's any swelling and they can also run blood tests to check your TSH/T3/T4 levels.

Come to think of it... the onset of thyroid problems is a common side effect of bioaccumulation from radioactive isotopes (low-dose steady radiation exposure over a long period of time), particulary with cesium 137 (which has a have life of 30 years), it has a tendency to attack the thyroid gland (as well as muscle tissue).

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   

See a doctor, easy! I know what you posted but I knew someone that had trouble swallowing and to make a long story short, that was just the beginning , it could be harmless or it could be something serious, in the case of the person that I knew, it ended up being cancer and they died less then a year after that symptom and when they told me I was in disbelief as this person never smoked, was in pretty perfect health was active and by all accounts from the outside in perfect condition and I thought it was joke at first.
Good luck maybe it's just a sore throat.
again go see the doctor! the best advice I can give you.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

There are a couple of muscular diseases that are characterized by difficulty swallowing. I don't mean to alarm you, but you should see a doctor as soon as possible.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Well on the west coast/fraser valley in BC, we had much of those symptoms including bone, arthritis, and in the women on the tills, in all the major stores, they all were developing arthritis in their joints. Thats strontium I believe.

My mother even got mouth ulcers.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

That's very unusual. Is the government conducting studies of this phenomenon?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Greetings:

There may be some items of interest here:

Too funny, posted exactly one year ago.

FukuFlu/Fallout Fluenza/Radiation Rainouts Target North America

Please keep us informed as to your health updates, as this is of interest to a great many of us who know what the real sitrep is on Fukushima.

FukuGate: We've been conned

711 days after Fukushima changed the world forever on 3/11/11

Peace Love Light
tfw
Liberty & Equality or Revolution

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Trouble swallowing .... one of the first symptoms I had of sjogrens and/or neuropathy.
Trouble swallowing can be lots of things ....

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

gardener
Though, I'm not counting on my doctor to offer a solution..

I'd value more some insight from a conspiracy site.

Um... You value info from a bunch of conspiracy nuts over an educated doctor? Wow...

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

You would be surprised, people who are self taught in the subject may have more knowledge in field than any educated doctor. Just because one has a degree doesn't mean they know what their doing. IMO

edit on 13-1-2014 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

gardener
As for myself I'm a vegan, am not on any meds, and am in overall great health. I've never had this problem til some months ago back in 2013 and it seems like its getting worse.

Could be a thyroid problem. What you need to do is drink a lot of colloidal silver until you turn blue. Not that it will help. I just think it's funny.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

angelchemuel
reply to post by MissBeck

Fumes from a compost bag!!!

Well I garden, I use compost and I'm in the UK...what was the make of compost?
Rainbows
Jane

So sorry Jane. I never saw your post.
I use Durstons. This years batch is totally different though.

Did you ever go to docs or get this sorted Gardener?

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MissBeck

Never even heard of that one! Thanks for letting me know though...because I'll avoid it like the plague!
Just started my own compost heap at the end of last summer....booger if I'm not hoping to move by this one!
Anyway....back OT
Rainbows
Jane

top topics

<< 1   >>

join