It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Moon Rover Snaps View of Earth We Haven't Seen in 40 Years

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Do you people feel that China has been giving you all the data that you want? Why or why not?

Is there a way to compare the Chinese landing with the early Russian, American landings, in terms of media output and hard data of information?

What I'm asking is - I'll rephrase it - does anybody think China is hiding or holding back it's data?
edit on 1/14/2014 by SayonaraJupiter because: to add

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

Forgive me for asking a question back: is a space agency obliged to share all data it accuires with the public? Is it required to share it straight away, reasonably soon, or whenever they like?

I'm asking these questions because I don't think in terms of "hide" or "reveal". From what I've read I gather that the data usually goes to scientists first, and after it is examined it may be released to the public.

With NASA, we got used to the tons of raw images and other data being available to the public, sometimes very soon after being accuired (such as Cassini and Curiosity images). In Russia or China, the focus may be more on the propaganda and showing some of the images on TV and magazines. That doesn't automatically imply that those countries are hiding their data, it may just be because they don't see the need to have huge publically-available collections of data.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

qmantoo
Maybe someone clever can tell me why they never take or show photos ON THE WAY to the moon or mars?

With all these unexplained 'things' whizzing around in space (you know... the ones seen around the escaped tether, and the ones seen from the ISS) you would expect there would be as many interesting images taken on the way to the destination as there were once they got to the destination.

Dont tell me that there are plenty of Hubble images because these are focused on galaxies etc millions of miles away and not on the whizzy-stuff in between us and the moon. (for example)

The "unexplained things" you mention have been explained very clearly using sound logic and basic principles of science and photography. You would know this if you really wanted the truth. But instead, you wallow in conspiracy...

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Is this HOAX? I don't see stars in those pictures!!!

Wonder what happened to all those conspiracy that USA ever was on moon.

Way to go for China, we USA, we will privatize our space program, and in future only big corporation would explore universe, otherwise all those things from Alien movies and Avatar will not happen.

Wonder, if they found oil on moon, would we already have gas stations and cities around it... Dead as this is no more of interest to us... sad.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
If they are on the far side of the moon...what are they bouncing their signal off of to get it back to earth?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: daveinats
If they are on the far side of the moon...what are they bouncing their signal off of to get it back to earth?

There's a relay satellite out there, in the view of both the landing site and the earth.

edit on 8-1-2019 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: zooplancton
i wonder what else they found up there?

Rocks, dirt and dust that apparently smells like burned matches.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

You are aware that this thread is 4years old and is about the other rover on the side facing earth??

For years and years man wondered what the moon was made of. Some said rocks and dust. Others said it was made of cheese! More years passed until technology caught up and we sent some men to the moon. They found a lifeless and dusty world.

Which is what happens when you leave cheese out too long!!

edit on 8-1-2019 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Kelsey Grammar

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
...Others said it was made of cheese!...

"Wensleydale?...Stilton? I don't know lad; It's like no cheese I ever tasted."
-- Wallace and Gromit

edit on 1/11/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join