It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Moon Rover Snaps View of Earth We Haven't Seen in 40 Years

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
So with China's new moon rover doing it's thing and with HiRez photos starting to come back, I thought I would post this and get the opinion of the moon hoaxers. Looking at these, do you change your opinion about the Apollo missions? Do the clear similarities between the new photos and the old ones (i.e. no stars, etc.) change your mind about fakery? Does the fact that you were able to watch this landing live and yet there is NO dust on the lander pads make you re-evaluate any of your past positions? Just wondering. Thanks and enjoy!

io9.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jaffo

i wonder what else they found up there?

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Those pictures are amazing!! It's nice to see new images of our satellite companion. To me (imo), the people that believe the moon landings are a hoax, are a bunch of uneducated fools (not to get off topic). Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Sheesh why do they never include a link to the original gallery in these articles. Have to do everything my damn self...

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Is that little rover going to use it's arm to write....Made in China...on the moon?

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I think we landed on the moon, but I don't think everything we're being told is the truth. The catch is they might be telling half-truths about ANYTHING. It might not have anything to do with aliens at all. Maybe it was a loose screw they don't want us to know about? Maybe it was bad calibration. Maybe it's an inside joke inspired by one of the astronauts. Maybe some of the accountants screwed up. BUT if we did discover UFOs on the moon, do I think we'd be told the truth? No, I don't. They may tell us about the UFOs, but they won't tell the full truth. Why do I think this? Because as smart as we're, we still have a lot of prejudices. I also think nations have self-interest in mind. So the temptation to lie about the details exists. The fact they have NOT told us about UFOs on the moon greatly diminishes that possibility, since I think they'd at least say something about it.

See, I've always believed we went there. The people who say we didn't go there are people in need of a mental examination. However, covering up one or two sightings of unexplained objects probably is much more likely than a vast coverup. I always leave the door open for that possibility, even though I think it's unlikely, since an unexplained object could be almost anything. Since it could be almost anything then there'd be little reason to cover it up. Now if the unexplained object is part of a secret military project or is alien then there's more reason to cover it up. However, covering up too many things becomes a house of cards doomed to fall. Thus, since the house hasn't fallen, I can only think this is rare.

Just because I leave the door open to this possibility of limited small-scale coverup, doesn't mean I'm being unreasonable or believe there IS a coverup. How much evidence do I need to shut the door on this? I'm not sure any amount of evidence could shut the door, since it's hard to know anything with certainty. However, I think the door can be closer and closer to being shut. It's a continuum. So it'll never be shut, but the possibility of coverup can shrink. One day it might be I have as much trust in NASA as I do in gravity. In this statement I am admitting I leave the door open to the possibility gravity might not work tomorrow. In fact, all of our laws of physics can't be certain, for if there's a God, a willingness to change things could alter how the universe works, so that all our laws become lame.
edit on 12-1-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
if you think we landed on the moon with the crap technology we had then, your sir are smoking crack. our cell phones are 100xs more powerful then the computers they had then. give me a break. If they really did, then we would be on mars by now. Its impossible, and if it is how come they never went back ?. But china sends a rover and not a man?? cause why??? its a 1 in a billion chances it will work. so please get out of here.
edit on 12-1-2014 by ShaeTheShaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

ShaeTheShaman
if you think we landed on the moon with the crap technology we had then, your sir are smoking crack. our cell phones are 100xs more powerful then the computers they had then. give me a break. If they really did, then we would be on mars by now. Its impossible, and if it is how come they never went back ?. But china sends a rover and not a man?? cause why??? its a 1 in a billion chances it will work. so please get out of here.
edit on 12-1-2014 by ShaeTheShaman because: (no reason given)

If you could be so kind as to identify specifically which technology was inadequate that would be great.

What, for example, do you think they needed a computer for and why was the technology at the time (you know, the technology that landed several probes on the moon and sent back photographs that were taken and developed in space long before astronauts walked there) wasn't up to the job?

China sent a robot because they are carrying out a step by step process. It's rocket science, not time travel.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ShaeTheShaman

I will not resort to name calling. Nor will this go off topic, and not be about the images produce by the rover. I believe the OP created this thread to discuss the photos, and topics at hand. Not to debate nonsense.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

if you think we landed on the moon with the crap technology we had then, your sir are smoking crack.

Reading the mission reports, it seems the spacecraft were pieces of junk, things not working, breaking, lots of loose screws and bits of wire and junk floating around inside, and most of the time the crew had no idea which way they were pointing. But, I do believe they went to the Moon, so how is that possible? From the very first trip, UFOs were reported, and in the transcripts there were bangs and jolts sometimes, and someone would ask, "what was that?". Well, putting all these pieces together, I can only reach the conclusion that they went, but they didn't do it alone. Not alien help, but most likely an "above top secret" military group who used the technology obtained from the Germans after the war, who have had spaceflight ever since then, and were simply helping out there buddies in the lower military ranks, the levels that we do know something, though not everything, about.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Computing power may be less but it was perfectly good for what was needed and these were people who were used to using slide rules as well and knew the basic laws of physics so could if needed work it all out by hand, its a bit like saying that the original pioneers couldn't have traveled from east to west since they didn't know about the internal combustion engine

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I guess for the proof that the US was there is this rover to snap a picture of the US flag on the moon

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Indeed... Been waiting and waiting for such a pic to surface from China's rover... Not even so much as a pic of one of the astronauts footprints yet..

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Maxatoria

Computing power may be less but it was perfectly good for what was needed and these were people who were used to using slide rules as well and knew the basic laws of physics so could if needed work it all out by hand, its a bit like saying that the original pioneers couldn't have traveled from east to west since they didn't know about the internal combustion engine

Back in those days most people used the computer attached to their neck as well. If anything cell phones have made us dumber rather than smarter than we were back then.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Lil Drummerboy
I guess for the proof that the US was there is this rover to snap a picture of the US flag on the moon

LRO already snapped images of all the Apollo landing sites.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
OT: I can't wait to see what other photos they take, looks to be some amazing stuff, glad more countries are stepping up to the challenge of space exploration.

Off topic: Why do these topics always turn into "We never went to the moon debate"? It's getting rather old. People claiming we never made it to the moon are a funny group, and more than likely couldn't even get a job cleaning the floors at nasa, let alone try to come in these threads and act like they are some aerospace engineer. Get over yourself, go get educated and stop posting your dribble on threads not meant for that type of debate.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

could you maybe find them and post?

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

zooplancton
reply to post by jaffo

i wonder what else they found up there?
Lots and lots of "space". lol What else?

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Lil Drummerboy
reply to post by JadeStar

could you maybe find them and post?

You know how to google right?

www.nasa.gov...

Here is Apollo 15 complete with rover tracks.

There are plenty more at that link above.

video for reference

edit on 12-1-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SynchronousSnake

That would be due to the fact that the Chinese rover is nowhere near any of the Apollo landing sites.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join