It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Precognition: What is it?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Saucerking

Yes, precognition can really only be measured by results. Trying to figure out how it happens would be impossible to satisfy a nuts and bolts explanation generally speaking.

There are however two fields, as it were, in the precognitive realm. Neither of which are of the nature that really lend themselves to a scientific study.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

The problem is that it can't be measured (at least in my experience). I can't speak for anyone else, but I can't turn this sort of thing on and off or choose when it happens. It just does. There is no way I could walk into a lab and have a precognitive experience. It just doesn't work that way in my experience. But does that mean it doesn't happen? Absolutely not. As another poster expressed, it's starkly surreal when it happens to you, and very much a real experience, but good luck proving it to anyone.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

As posted/replied to elsewhere, in a current thread,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

nothing 'mind boggling', 'lottery numbers' or 'anything' worthy 'notice or mention', but I've had numerous, several, down right Many times where specific 'elements' of a dream or 'pre-seen' situation or circumstance played out, right in front of my eyes, in slow motion...

the 'slow motion' most often seeming more due to my 'recognizing it' as what I had either dreamt or 'experienced' previously .... that where everything seems/seemed to go 'frame by frame' .... with each and every 'scene' being identical down to scents and flavort, even.

'h know it sounds crazee, but take it for what you will .... it was/felt/ 'real'...

a lot like deja vu, but not quite the same, if you will .....

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

I have also experienced the "slow motion" effect you mentioned in your post. In one case, I was at a party and saw a violent attack which was about to take place moments before it actually happened, and then everything played out in slow motion just as I'd seen it about 2 minutes before. It was really strange.

It begs the question of what our reality is composed of and sort of throws a monkey wrench in the idea of free will. If events can be foreseen by an individual, and then another individual carries out those same actions, does the person who completed the action really have free will if it was already foreseen by someone else? Maybe it's a glitch in the matrix and we really are living in a simulation and "God" is just the programmer?

Weird stuff, but I have experienced it 100%, and I have talked to other well adjusted rational people that have experienced it as well. Thanks for your contribution to my not so successful thread! I definitely didn't foresee it flopping this badly

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join