It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sheer Absurdity of the Recovery Story

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Bassago
Yep, they're fudging the numbers.

When your economy is based on a fiat currency, fudging numbers is a must.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

The statistics make it clear, I do not see how anyone can make a real informed argument that the economy is getting better.

First off the Labor Participation rate (Number of Americans employed as a percentage of the working age) has been consistently dropping and is now as low as in 1978, when a much larger portion of the female population was not seeking work. This is the only employment statistic that matters, any other statistic is BS meant to obfuscate the truth. This statistic alone shows things are getting worse.

Second the amount on people on food stamps, and the amount of people on disability are also at all time highs. No reasonable person can interpret this as good for the economy.

Third - and in my view by far the most important debt has not decreased at all on any level, it is in fact still increasing especially for our city state and national governments. There is a limit, it is only a question of when we get cut off - not if we will get cut off. When we do get cut off or at the very least interest rates spike tremendously now is going to seem like zanadu by comparison.

As far as inflation goes did you know that only .2 % - that is 2 tenths of one percent of a persons income is supposedly spent on health care according to the CPI. If that does not tell you all you need to know about how believable the CPI is then you are an idiot.

The stock market increasing is really by far mostly impacting the wealthy since they own the vast majority of stock. Also the market is not trading in a healthy manner, stocks of companies like facebook, netflix, and amazon are all vastly overvalued based on their profits. This is a bubble, and history shows us just like in 1999 all of these bubbles eventually burst.

The evidence is clear the economy sucks, if you say it doesn't for you, that is fine, but you or your community don't represent America. Honestly I myself am doing about as well as I ever have economically but I am very clear America as a whole is in big big trouble, and I will go down the tubes with it soon.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I'll give you may take on it - In my neighborhood, we have had both a McDonald's and a Pizza Hut go out of business, not move to a new location, go out of business.

When was the last time any of you have seen that happen?

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by Bassago

I'll give you may take on it - In my neighborhood, we have had both a McDonald's and a Pizza Hut go out of business, not move to a new location, go out of business.

Wow, you got me there.

Don't think I've ever seen a McD's fail. Sure they must sometimes but can't recall when or where. Can you give us the general area you're speaking of?

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by proximo

If you want more of the voodoo that is the CPI, then understand that they decided not to factor in fuel and food fairly early on in the Obama admin.

Now, if you watch your grocery budget as closely as we do, then you know that everything is getting more expensive. A gallon of milk used to be $3 to $3.25 not too long ago. Now it's $4.35 with talk of it spiking as high as $8. Yes, these are legit prices because I always take my calculator and add as we shop to keep us under our budget. Everything else is just as bad. It used to be that you could regularly count on fruit going on sale at $0.99/lb. Now a good sale is $1.99/lb. Tilapia recently spiked in price. It used to be reliably cheap at roughly $1.99 to $2.99/lb. Now, it has spiked to $4.99/lb. Our favorite no-sugar-added juice brand was under $3 at $2.85. These days, not only has the quality dropped, but the price has spiked to $3.85, in a single month.

But, of course, these prices are not factored into the CPI, so there is no inflation at all ...

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Bassago

ketsuko
reply to post by Bassago

Wow, you got me there.

Don't think I've ever seen a McD's fail. Sure they must sometimes but can't recall when or where. Can you give us the general area you're speaking of?

KC, north of the river, general middle class. Not wealthy, but not really poor, either. We live in a mostly sort of starter home type neighborhood, but there are wealthier subdivisions mixed in and some apartment complexes, too.

The Pizza Hut was across from another McD's that so far is doing well, and the McD's that went out was on the other end about three miles away. It was mixed into an area that has some strip malls and those still have restaurants in them. So it might have been an issue with the franchise in question (I've never liked McD's, so I avoid them on general priniciple).

The Pizza Hut though ... Well, that one was a legitimate out of business. We'd been to it once or twice and it was fine as far as Pizza Huts go.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by OceanSpray

Can I quote this in other social media outlets?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The economy is in deep trouble and they keep lying about it.The government and media keeps trying to explain it away.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   

mikell
Things are booming here in all catigories. home sales , unemployment total people working. Only people not working are going to college or just don't want to work. Not enough electricians, welders , drywallers ect, ect, ect!

Why work when they can sponge of idiots like you too stupid to continue working hard.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
Home sales up here in Tidewater region of Virginia. Home prices up too. Jobs on the increase unemployment down. Retail sales up. Looks like this is just your doomy POV.

Doomy POV?

Tissue to wipe your tears cry baby or bag of cement to harden the #&

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

followtheevidence
reply to post by OceanSpray

Can I quote this in other social media outlets?

please do as it's always good when we get the truth out there as much as possible. with the "fed" pumping over 85 billion a month into the farce economy, people should know their future has been sold and there will be no recovery. we will recover however, but it wont be within our current fear and debt based societal model.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Great Post Dude.....You have it nailed and don't let anybody tell you different. It's all about creating bubbles, money printing and deficit spending. Without any of that this entire economy implodes. You can't print money forever and to me the Fed is out of bullets.

There are always going to be sectors of an economy that do well during recessions, liquor sales increase is one example. This bubble is bigger than the last, so are we to assume the fall will be bigger as well?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
People can't (rather: won't) see the obvious.

Situation is the same here in the UK. Government spending: UP. Private borrowing: UP. Cost of living: UP. Wages: DOWN.

We now have nearly 400,000 people in the UK having to use food banks every week because they can't afford to buy food.

www.yorkshirepost.co.uk...

A FOOD bank has been set up at at a secondary school in a Yorkshire city – believed to be the first of its kind in the country – after concerns among staff that some families may be struggling to feed their children.

Unbelievable! One of the largest economies on earth, and THIS happens!

I'll only believe the situation is improving when people in the UK don't have to go to food banks because they can't afford to eat! Currently this problem will only get worse.

As I keep saying (but it gets ignored): we are the richest poor people on the planet. If that isn't a sign something is seriously broken, I don't know what is.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JWB408

This bubble is bigger than the last, so are we to assume the fall will be bigger as well?

Thanks, and yeah there's probably a good chance it will be bigger, much bigger.

We talked about it in an earlier thread. There were hypothetical's such as the exact date though.

Major Stock Market Crash In January

top topics

<< 1   >>

join