It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only young/rich people will survive.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The people who will probably do the best are inmates and the homeless.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I've watched Discovery Channel's Naked and Afraid, and from what I've seen, the boys typically turn out to be beyond embarrassing.

Episode 03 with the Marine Corps Super Soldier Recon boy is especially Hilarious, though pretty much all of them are.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

That episode was just sad, lol. By the way, my grandma used to tell me stories about her grandma, who lived during the civil war. According to her, it's the soldiers you have to watch out for. They'd rob you blind.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Gangs would form between all races. There would be no city lines, just groups guarding natural resource hot spots. Places in the west coast not only have lakes and bays with fish but the whole pacific coastline. Best bet would be to find a forest area near the ocean , like Nor Cal or Oregon, stash weapons, hunt/fish for food and sex crops so that you create your own seed supply. Use your personal skills to barter, if u can fish trade fish. If you can grow, trade some of your harvests. Shoot and kill the armed robbers, stash their weapons and use the bodies for fish bait. Dig caves and tunnel systems in secret locations on days you are not fishing/hunting/cultivating. Learn to climb trees and move with stealth. Adventure into the night so that you are comfortable in any phase of the day. Once you have a 2-5 years under your belt living alone, find a woman who you can trust, and have 4 children. Raise them and give them all your knowlege .

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
The book "Government By Emergency" by Gary North came out in 1983. I have watched 3 generations of people - men mostly - waste their entire lives planning and preparing for what is essentially an adolescent fantasy.

Time is always better spent on making this world a better place.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
To be honest, I think the OP is wrong on many counts. While there is something to be said for physical fitness, not a whole lot of 20 somethings running around with guns (unless in gangs). Simply put, they can't yet AFFORD them.

Most gun owners are likely in their 30's on up.

Also, in my generation (Gen X), we were boy scouts as kids, and went camping, etc. Nowadays, the Gen Y group would be lost in 20 minutes without their smartphones. Let alone be capable (or knowledgeable) about how to find food and water.

Assembling in a group is EXACTLY how to survive. Sure, you could likely survive as a lone gunman in the woods, but what kind of LIFE is that really? A group can bond together for mutual defense. (and the women in my group are damn good shots, so not sure why you think they are helpless). If you think kids are helpless...go play paintball, and see how many of the little rugrats tag you out!

Here's a link to a great first-hand account of someone who has LIVED through a SHTF event:
www.naturalnews.com...

Groups are KEY to survival.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Gazrok
To be honest, I think the OP is wrong on many counts. While there is something to be said for physical fitness, not a whole lot of 20 somethings running around with guns (unless in gangs). Simply put, they can't yet AFFORD them.

Most gun owners are likely in their 30's on up.

Also, in my generation (Gen X), we were boy scouts as kids, and went camping, etc. Nowadays, the Gen Y group would be lost in 20 minutes without their smartphones. Let alone be capable (or knowledgeable) about how to find food and water.

Assembling in a group is EXACTLY how to survive. Sure, you could likely survive as a lone gunman in the woods, but what kind of LIFE is that really? A group can bond together for mutual defense. (and the women in my group are damn good shots, so not sure why you think they are helpless). If you think kids are helpless...go play paintball, and see how many of the little rugrats tag you out!

Here's a link to a great first-hand account of someone who has LIVED through a SHTF event:
www.naturalnews.com...

Groups are KEY to survival.

Thanks for posting that article, it was very informative and as I suspect water borne and lack of hygiene diseases will be prevalent. As for stockpiling antibiotics, how would one go about doing that (stealing them from hospitals at gun point)?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

Fish tank supply companies are a better/cheaper source of antibiotics.

Just do the research and know what you are doing. Improper use and/or overuse of antibiotics can have very negative effects.

Just a pointer, getting things at gunpoint only works in fiction

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well keylogger, after reading this thread through I have come to a conclusion. Your clueless!
Get out from behind you're computer, comb the pop tarts out of your stubble and go talk to a real woman.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
WOW

key logger clearly has some women issues and it's a little too obvious is more than likely a woman beater. Got to laugh at little boys like this. Says he would never hit a woman then in the same paragraph threatens to beat one like a man. Would really love to meet you offline. Spent a good amount of my life taking care of women beaters and internet trolls. Nothing like the look of fear on their face when you meet offline especially when it's a surprise.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

200Plus
reply to post by InTheLight

Fish tank supply companies are a better/cheaper source of antibiotics.

Just do the research and know what you are doing. Improper use and/or overuse of antibiotics can have very negative effects.

Just a pointer, getting things at gunpoint only works in fiction

Ever see the movie 'The Village', well it would seem that ranger stations also store antibiotics, but I'll have to research this.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
As the OP is no longer available to post, this thread is closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join