It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Gas E15 AAA Insurance Alert: DO NOT USE - Destroys engines, Voids Warranties

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

misskat1
reply to post by charlyv

Why would AAA Insurance want to warn people if it has no merit?
I am not hoaxing anything. I just want to make sure friends at ATS were aware of the possible dangers to their fuel systems. If it is a Hoax someone should tell AAA.

Read between the lines. It is called damage control, and they are in this business to make money. If they come calling on your vehicle and see an alcohol setup on your engine, they want out of their simple $25 a year policy to tow you to the nearest place that can effectively service your vehicle, and want nothing to do with a system that has absolutely no "sanctioned" service policy, irregardless of having a newer car, where there "may be" no trouble in using alcohol as a additive fuel.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

#1 somewhat true the rest are false.

20+ years as a Fuel Systems Engineer at GM tells me your wrong.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

Hey, a fellow Adelaidean!!!!

I know a guy who retuned his R33 Skyline to run E85....that stuff is goddamn racing fuel!!!! With mileage to fit.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mikell

Fuel system engineer are you saying that Ethanol does not break down Fiber glass composites and some plastics and seals not engineered for ethanol ? Are you saying that a more concentrated form of Ethanol will not further exacerbate the problems ?
Are you saying that ethanol does not cause aluminum etching ?
Also Ethanol gas breaks down after 60 days unless you want to use a fuel stabilizer .With the extra dissolved water in ethanol 2cycle use carries water to the crank pins and needle bearings and destroys the fuel tubing . 15% ethanol will be worse .

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

LightAssassin
reply to post by markosity1973

Hey, a fellow Adelaidean!!!!

I know a guy who retuned his R33 Skyline to run E85....that stuff is goddamn racing fuel!!!! With mileage to fit.

Hello mister fellow Adelaidean

Yes, e10 and e15 are great fuels because they have a higher octane rating than pathetic old 91. All of the cars I have ever owned were absolute dogs to drive on 91 fuels. They were slow, noisy and a lot if them suffered from pre ignition, which never happened with ethanol blended fuels.

What's more, as your mate with his skyline found out, ethanol fuel gives a not insignificant amount of extra grunt

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by caterpillage

Racing engines have been using 100 percent alcohol for decades. it's resistance to pre detonation is extremely high, and such compression ratios can be 12 to 15 to one, which improves greatly the volumetric efficiency of the engine.

Top Fuel,Top Alcohol, and Top Alcohol Funny Cars do not use ethanol, they use 90% nitromethane and 10% methanol.
when the class was first started, there was a Ohio framer that started using ethanolin the 80's, but they now have switched to nitro and methanol.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join