It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hong Kong's Lion Rock Comes to Life

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

i was doing some research the other day after I saw a picture of the sphyx in its present form, and some think that the spyx was originally a cat like animal or a lion, maybe there is a connection there. Thats kind of funny the feline family was once considered godly with great monuments built to them and now we have cute cat videos all over youtube, if I was a cat I would pissed about the lack of respect current civilization has for my kind

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MadHatter364

So why did they beam a red laser at the rock? just to freak out a bunch of people that know old folk lore?

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I guess the old man in Israel is meant to signify the return of Jesus (prophecy), and now this (legend/superstition). Interesting. I believe what people put their energy into can come to being. I thought of the sun hitting this with just the right atmospheric conditions (like a rainbow), but if it has rarely happened that's probably unlikely. Some superstitions are quite silly but stuff like this may have some merit. People pick up on cues within the environment so the people of ancient China may have simply correlated this phenomenon with changing conditions. We know weather affects people's behavior (as well as the sun, gravity, etc.). There may be something to it all so worth keeping this thread handy. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

From the profile you outlined, yes, I can see how it resembles the sphinx. That adds even more mystery to the folklore.

Hummmm. (Scratches head)

But, I can also agree with Mindless; it also looks like King Kong.

Either way, the city will be destroyed if they don't straighten their act up.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Here is a little backstory about the rock,

www.redicecreations.com...

Folk legend says that Hong Kong was plagued by nine dragons, so God sent a lion to guard it. Today, eight of the subdued dragons make up the Pat Sin Leng (ridge of the Eight Immortals) mountain range, and the other one is held under the feet of the lion. That lion is the Lion Rock Mountain, and beneath it is the ninth dragon, the Kowloon (or Nine Dragons) Mountain.

Other than that one newspaper site I cannot find anything else, I even tried a few hong kong newspapers (2 were in english and 2 were in chinese) and no stories at all. It is a really cool story though, thanks for posting it.

edit on 12-1-2014 by sandman441 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sandman441

Thank you, Sandman.

The lack of information just adds more mystery to it, huh?

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Sremmos80
reply to post by MadHatter364

So why did they beam a red laser at the rock? just to freak out a bunch of people that know old folk lore?

No, gullible people on the internet as well, and it seems to be working...

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

sled735
reply to post by sandman441

Thank you, Sandman.

The lack of information just adds more mystery to it, huh?

it does, it's a cool story too, I love reading about stuff like that.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

DocScurlock
reply to post by undo

i was doing some research the other day after I saw a picture of the sphyx in its present form, and some think that the spyx was originally a cat like animal or a lion, maybe there is a connection there. Thats kind of funny the feline family was once considered godly with great monuments built to them and now we have cute cat videos all over youtube, if I was a cat I would pissed about the lack of respect current civilization has for my kind

The cat was the chosen pet of the Queen of England a long, long time ago. Today, they are considered as royalty, due to this fact.
Feline cats are called Queens, and male cats are called Toms.

I remember reading that in some thread last year. I hope I got the info correct. But, I do know for sure that the female is called a queen.

No wonder they think they own their human, and demand to be pampered! LOL

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Looks photoshopped red. There is one still photo where the color difference is almost nonexistant .. then it shows it again where it's bright red.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Apparently, there were many witnesses to the eyes turning red, but I wasn't one of them, so...

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I live in Hong Kong and have heard nothing about this. I live not far from this very peak and hike there frequently. Sometimes people climb where someone pointed out they thought they saw a wire. Also it would be very easy to lower a red cloth to that point. Either way, I have heard nothing at all about the red eye.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Jamzz

Thank you for posting. Seems to me, if this were true, everyone in the area would have heard about it.

I'm slightly disappointed.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I think that's Superman taking a rest at the side of the rock....

That or a bad omen to the Chinese Navy about to wage war to the Philippines. They have no idea what they're getting themselves into. Their fleet would be utterly decimated or their land suffer catastrophic calamities.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Maybe it's a warning about that "Dragon" in North Korea?

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Some joker with a laser pointer. They are powerful and cheap. (Especially in HK)

Just attach one to a tripod, line it up! Easy!

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Maybe all these tourists were from Hong Kong?

See, you just never know.

Oh I suppose the fact that it gave way right at the point
of where the red flag was crossing means nothing right ?
Seeee .

SnF
edit on 15-1-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Hi I am from Hong Kong. Excuse me if my English not good enough.
I enjoy reading ATS and sometimes I see news like this(probably fake or modified content). But I don't bother to register and point out(like the north Korea dog execution case was wrongfully quoted from a joke intended blog) .

But this time it happens in HK and it's a propaganda intended news, I feel I should have my say.
I have never heard of this story really.
I did a search and the source is probably comes from epochtimes.com.(Chinese version)
www.epochtimes.com... 2%E7%8D%85%E5%AD%90%E5%B1%B1%E7%9C%BC%E7%9D%9B%E7%B4%85%E4%BA%86.html?p=all
epochtimes is a Falun Gong publication, this explains the anti-communist comments from the witness.

Chan

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join