It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hong Kong's Lion Rock Comes to Life

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   

sled735
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

Well, the lady that took the picture said it lasted for about 30 minutes, getting very bright, then faded away. I have no idea what could have caused it.

Ironic you would mentionred eyes "getting very bright then fading" and having "no idea what could have caused it"
Considering you illustration on the bottom of your response.

Photoshop, photgraphic retouching, concentrated light beam, lazer and a convienient highrise roof top top hide on.
Afew things that come to mind.

This occured on Dec.22? any flooding yet?
Anyone?

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I will never dismiss a legend but as has been pointed out, a powerful laser could have done this.

If the laser was powerful enough it could also have caused localized heating leading to a heat haze that could account for the seemingly shifting features.

This is Hong Kong and they do have an awful lot of high tech gizmos. It could have been fired from a great distance away, say from a window of a tall building.

On the other hand ...................

P

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   

DocScurlock
reply to post by sled735

To me Red has always meant change. For instance Once a month my girlfriend changes and red seems to bee an integral part of this change

all jokes aside I think red is a symbolic,which can be attributed to pain, death or trauma, due to the fact that when we see our own blood or others it is usually associated with these things.

color symbolism differs through out the world, the way we interpret colors to emotions in the west is far different to the rest of the world.
Here are some tips:

Cultural Color Meanings of Red:

Western:

energy, excitement, action
danger
love, passion
a warning to stop
anger
Christmas combined with green
Valentine's Day

Eastern:

prosperity
good fortune
worn by brides
symbol of joy when combined with white.

webdesign.about.com...

webdesign.about.com...

www.informationisbeautiful.net...

www.empower-yourself-with-color-psychology.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by PLAYERONE01

I believe just talking about the color in general isn't enough.
I lived for 2 years in Qingdao, China, where red is considered very lucky, a lot of brides get married in red, they loved red hair,they hang red lanterns during the Chinese New Year...

This lion has red eyes, which has never meant 'good luck, and nice things happening'.
It's a little different in my opinion.

Thanks for the links though.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
What is this wire or trail:

Also a lions eyes are more forward then this, predators eyes are fixed to the front, where animals like cows have their eyes further back to the sides.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

pheonix358
I will never dismiss a legend but as has been pointed out, a powerful laser could have done this.

If the laser was powerful enough it could also have caused localized heating leading to a heat haze that could account for the seemingly shifting features.

This is Hong Kong and they do have an awful lot of high tech gizmos. It could have been fired from a great distance away, say from a window of a tall building.

On the other hand ...................

P

I agree. Surely there is some logical reason for this!!! If this place gets flooded any time soon, I will be the first one to freak dead out!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

I clearly understand that point as I was placing the links up for some other posters that may not be as familiar with the opposing cultural differences with color and emotions.
cheers and thank you for your reply.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Yes, I would guess it is a ravine based on the formations around it. Simple water erosion, nothing sinister.

As for :

Also a lions eyes are more forward then this, predators eyes are fixed to the front, where animals like cows have their eyes further back to the sides.

Yea your right, but, it is actually a rock. Mother Nature had a rough day when she carved it. You have to use your imagination a little bit.

P

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Don't forget some of the others.....

chafing
sunburn
highblood pressure
embarrasment

Sorry could'nt resist/just having fun

P.S. Mad Max & The Road Warrior 2 true masterpieces! (especially to a moterhead)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Actually, it looks more like a walrus with tusks to me. LOL

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

If this place gets flooded any time soon, I will be the first one to freak dead out!!!

Watch for a tsunami as well. Close enough for to a flood for the thinking of ancient, wery old cultures.

LOL the mistake can stay there!

P

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

It does seem there is a hiking/climbing trail that takes you to the top, but looks like it is up the opposite side.

But you can get right to the top, so maybe possible to be a 'man-made' red eye.

hikehongkong.blogspot.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

That almost looks like King Kong leaning over the city getting ready to stomp across it.

This is a very interesting story. Thank you for posting it, Sled. S&F AGAIN! Ha!

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
well i'll chime in my info on red eyed lions

in biblical prophecy, jesus, called the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, will return to the earth, and when he does so, his eyes
will be glowing red. the rest of the description is: white hair, wearing many crowns, dressed in a robe of red. i'd have to
re-read it for more detail. but i do find it interesting that the legend suggests it's connected to a past flood event.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
p.s. i think the Lion reference is partially related to the constellation Leo the Lion. how it fits in, i have no clue, but seems to be an astronomical clock, rather than an astrological chart.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
anybody else think it looks sorta like a sphinx but with a semitic nose? from the side profile, it looks
.........well it reminds me of those zoroastrian wall sculptures that most today refer to as representations of
the sumerian anunnaki

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

WOW! And here I was only seeing a walrus!

Good eyes!

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

sled735
reply to post by undo

WOW! And here I was only seeing a walrus!

Good eyes!

you see it too?

notice how the angles are similar to the headdress of a sphinx/pharaoh

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I am aware that cultures have different meanings for different things, but I think since we have all got red blood flowing through our viens(minus the queen and her brood) red is associated with blood worldwide, what other meanings it has is globally varies as you pointed out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join