It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abomination Of Desolation:(the Gay Marriage Issue)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I am sick. Totally of gay people wantin rights as hetrosexual couples. and also the supposedly clergy who are supposed to be close to God permitting and also marrying man and man or woman and woman. This could be the abomination of desolation the bible has spoken about. the descration of God's holy places can;t be allowed to continue. And I brelieve as the bible says it's an abomination for mankind to lie with mankind..
feedback welcome...

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I think that gays should be able to have the same legal rights as heterosexual couples do. I think gays should have a right to live together if they so chose and zip to Las Vegas for a quickie marriage if they so choose. This does not reflect my heterosexual lifestyle, but live and let live.
When a gay person pounds down my front door and says "hey, you, we want you to have a lifestyle as we do", then i will complain.
All of a sudden, this is a puritan nation, of course, these puritans are the very ones with all the skeletons in their closets.

Take care of your lives, set a good example for your children- values begin at home.
Right now, God is much more worried about us humans killing one another, than he is about gays co-habiting together.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by crusader
I am sick. Totally of gay people wantin rights as hetrosexual couples. and also the supposedly clergy who are supposed to be close to God permitting and also marrying man and man or woman and woman. This could be the abomination of desolation the bible has spoken about. the descration of God's holy places can;t be allowed to continue. And I brelieve as the bible says it's an abomination for mankind to lie with mankind..
feedback welcome...

Religion is different than government in this country. It's why the constitution and bill of rights were written. You have the right to believe whatever foul hate-filled nonsense you want, but you don't have the right to use your religion as law.

If some citizens have a certain right and get benefits from having that right that others do not get, that is unconstitutional. That's why black people and women were given the right to vote. Marriage is technically a religious ceremony. Some religions permit and even celebrate same-sex marriages. The government conferrs benefits on married couples via tax breaks and legal conveniences. If some citizens are prevented from having those government-conferred benefits, then all citizens should be. And vice versa. You can't have it both ways. Either you uphold the constitution, or like Bush & Co, you don't.

And also, "god is love", "love thy neighbor as yourself", and so on. If you want to pick and choose which bible verses you enforce, does that mean you can't eat pork and you can rape and sell women into slavery?? That's in the bible too, in the old testament with the 10 commandments.

You'd better sort that crap out before you try to govern this country with your book of hate.

--Saerlaith

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
:And people said I was over exagerrating when i compared evangelists to the Crusades...ha!:

see Crusader, alot of things could be this "abomination of desolation" you speak of . Remember, in that same book "God" also condemns the bastards (in the time of the bible, meaning those born to unmarried parents, not the modern definition that just expresses anger) and all their offspirng, even 10 generations down.

Maybe its the bastards causing the end of the world, maybe its the gays.

Either way, you'd never know if you didn't ask.

I'm really not planning to retype my anti-anti-gay speech here, just look up my post in this thread for a taste of how I would respond to your post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 11-20-04 by Scat]

[edit on 11-20-04 by Scat]

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
... a FAMILY out of their OWN DNA, to follow them and to carry a heritage of culture and civilized LIFE along the stream of time--

... THAT IS THE DAY I will accept "marriage" for Gays.

... In the meantime, while they are still very ambivalent about their gender and the role, I'll call whatever partnerships they want to create, "A PARTNERSHIP," because that's what it is.

... You can't MAKE a silk purse out of a sow's EAR.

... Won't happen.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
homophobia is the fear of being heard!

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Excuse me. I'm not getting anything sensible out of your remark.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emily_Cragg
Excuse me. I'm not getting anything sensible out of your remark.

Told you . You cannot hear! that's why,

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   

... a FAMILY out of their OWN DNA, to follow them and to carry a heritage of culture and civilized LIFE along the stream of time--

... THAT IS THE DAY I will accept "marriage" for Gays.

Wow - I guess infertile couples shouldn't be allowed to marry either then.

As far as the "desecration of the churches" I think that probably happened the same time the first church was open for business.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Or, just as likely... the "abomination of desolation" may be related to the scourge of intolerance. In any event, the desolation in this prophecy is spoken of in Matthew 24. But in 24:14, Jesus indicates the gospel will be spread to all nations and then shall the end come. But in Matthew 10:23, he said the end would come before the gospel was preached to all the cities of Israel. Either way, this passage of Matthew could be a false prophecy as the gospel has indeed been preached throughout the entire world (as Paul said it would in Romans 10:18) and yet the world hasn't ended yet (or at least we haven't noticed if it has).

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Emily, Your tagline under your name says scholar, but your response doesn't seem to be in keeping with a spirit of learning.

As for dynasties, two points - One - Alexander the so-called great was gay, yet he seems to have left enough of a legacy for people to be all over a big war-lovin movie about him. Lots of Greeks and Romans were gay and/or had same-sex lovers, and seem to have left enough dynasties to populate a country and inspire america's founding fathers.

Two - Don't we have enough freakin kids on the planet??? Not even every hetero couple breeds anyway. Are they to be outlawed too?? As for a dynasty, how about a dynasty of love and enlightenment? Or is it all about breeding more cannon fodder and consumers for god and bush?

Is there so much love in the world that you have to reserve the government resistration of it only to heterosexual couples that are breeding? If that's the case, no one should get married until they've proven themselves by breeding first

--Saerlaith

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
How narrow minded can you homophobic people get.

Stop passing judgement and move on with your lives, its what God would ask of you.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Surely if gay people want to marry then they are offering a public declaration of their love for a fellow human being. Is that not exactly what Jesus would have wished for???

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Emily- going by what you said, who the hell is God to dare impregnate a woman divinly? If he can't fork out his own DNA< howw dare he give us Jesus? I know its a stretch, but its comparable.

And who are any of us to claim what is moral based on a book? Let's all go read Fight Club and base our societies morals off of that, or how about Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man. Why not Alice In Wonderland, it's stories are as miraculous as the Bible's!

In ending, how dare you say that their "marriage" is no more than a partnership. It seems as if you've crossed the boundaries of legality and broken into degrading the love two humans can have for each other. I'm no better than the gay man beside me, and there's no sense in saying my love is more real than his could ever be.

That's hatred, and that's trying to play God.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
What's that Chicken Little-Minded? The sky is falling and it's because the gays want to get married? Get over yourself already, oh you Christian-Taliban you!

America's got separation of Church and State, anyone who says otherwise is a revisionist historian.

Besides, who the hell are you Americans to believe that you speak for all of humanity to the divine? Same-sex marriage is ALREADY LEGAL in some countries and I'll tell ya, the fire and brimstone haven't been falling in places like Canada. The Dutch are not being toasted by the fires of hell and the good people of Boston haven't been struck down by a plague.

So all you biggots, LAY OFF, go hate your fellow man elsewhere! I have no time for the feelings of those to lazy or intolerant to think.

Call me when Jesus shows up so he and I can go get drunk together, not like I'm gonna hold my breath though. Religious nutjobs have been saying the end of the world is right around the corner as long as history can remember, you're no different.

Go open your minds.

~Astral

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I'm calling gay relationships a partnership.

They don't have babies like family, so they're a partnership.

Even if they adopt a baby, it's not like having a family.

I know. I'm an adoptee. Being adopted is not the same as being Family.

But you do what you want.

I'm not here to tell anybody what to do. You asked for me opinion.

I gave it to you.

Okay?

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Depends on your defintion and experience of FAMILY.
two childless hetrosexual people may be married and consider each other to be family.
My pool buddy is my Partner, my wife is my Family.

That darn book has alot of hate and degragation to answer fo. What fate will await the writers of the bible on judgement day??????

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
There is ONLY ONE FATE: We come here and then we LEAVE.

Judgment Day only affects where we go NEXT--move on or get dispersed and dissipated.

If we prefer to manipulate and do evil, we get to be bugs next time.

Wheeee! But there's no torture and there's NO "God's getting even."

He'll just put us where our behavior is "appropriate." He's no fool.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
what is appropriate behaviour. Bigotry? Hate? Homophobia?
You tell me if there is no judgement then who cares anyway, god will take those who had love and compassion in their hearts. He will give the taxi fare to the NEXT STEP to those with understanding and humility and a sense of peace to all without condition of their gender, race or sexuality.
If there is a god this is what he will do. And all those who spout homophobic junk like yourself will be left waiting in the rain for a taxi to the NEXT STEP that will never come.
Good Luck!

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   

There is ONLY ONE FATE: We come here and then we LEAVE.

Judgment Day only affects where we go NEXT--move on or get dispersed and dissipated.

If we prefer to manipulate and do evil, we get to be bugs next time.

Wheeee! But there's no torture and there's NO "God's getting even."

He'll just put us where our behavior is "appropriate." He's no fool.

The bible says some people go to heaven with the angels, some people stay on earth and clean up all the dead sinners your god will have killed. SOme people pop out of their graves to decide if they want to be christian or not, and the rest, says the bible, will burn forever in a lake of fire.

Nothing about reincarnation there. Just favoritism and anger and pain. Disgusting! Since it was written, that book has been used by uncounted groups to forward some kind of agenda. It's a brainwashing manual for people who aren't confident and self-moral enough to know how to be good people without some deity raising a hand to slap them for sinning.

Try just being a good person. Hate is pretty much a naughty thing for humanity. Denying someone the same rights as yourself just shows how much you hate and fear. Like I asked before, is there so much love in the world that you want to crush out any that doesn't look like your idea of it?? You want an ugly hate-filled book to rule your life? Isn't the god that supposedly inspired that book, and all the harm wrought in his name, an evil being?

--Saerlaith

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join