It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reply by using a quote!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken.
Warren Buffett

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
“Habit is the intersection of knowledge (what to do), skill (how to do), and desire (want to do).”
― Stephen R. Covey

(I actually took this two day life course).

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

In the course of my life, I have often had to eat my words, and I must confess that I have always found it a wholesome diet.

Winston Churchill

What about the others? Nobody left to discuss with us by using quotes?

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Grenzerfahrung

In the course of my life, I have often had to eat my words, and I must confess that I have always found it a wholesome diet.

Winston Churchill

What about the others? Nobody left to discuss with us by using quotes?

From my experience, quote threads normally do not last too long, but I'll chime in now and again.

“ Have as much good nature as good sense since they generally are companions. ”

— William Wycherly

(William Wycherly? Who? - Google: English dramatist (1641 to 17XX).

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Only a fool would interpret a woman's kindness as their weakness also. Instead, it's one of the deadliest weapons you can imagine.

Grenzerfahrung (2014)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
There are so many wonderful quotes about fools...I like this one because with new breakthroughs in neuroscience, specifically by using the creative and innovative part of the brain, the other buried (nonconscious) intelligence can be drawn upon.

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

Douglas Adams

edit on 22-1-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2014 by InTheLight because: Can spell today.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

The quote shouldn't be about fools exclusively but about women in particular. Anyway, as I see now you're my only residual light in this lost thread here, so I better stop talking about women that way, in order to keep that light glowing

Back to topic

If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun.
Katharine Hepburn

I know, I should better try to participate more in serious topics here but, I'm somehow overdosed on being serious at the moment... well then...

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Grenzerfahrung

Hi guys...I see you've been busy, lol!
Okay, what can I reply....to women, fools...and a Grenzerfahrung who is now outnumbered, lol?
Hmmm....

"I hope she'll be a fool--that's the best a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool."
F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

jacygirl

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Actually, Jacy, I was going to suggest that to keep this thread alive, perhaps turning the quotes to 'women' may ignite some energy (albiet negative), then again I thought better of it.

This is my version of a long quote...

edit on 22-1-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Aww, hey InTheLight! *waving*

Indeed, lol...if the word 'woman' was in the title, the quotes would be coming 'fast and furious'!
The song 'Woman' always makes me sad....can't come up with a quote for you now...but will check back later!

jacygirl

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
“The first method for estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him.”

Niccolo Macchiavelli

And an all time favorite movie quote of mine is

edit on 22-1-2014 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by brandiwine14

I went into a McDonald's yesterday and said, 'I'd like some fries.' The girl at the counter said, 'Would you like some fries with that?'
Jay Leno

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Grenzerfahrung

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and fries."
Stephen King

jacygirl

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

In the Internet, there are German moderators, usually smelling on their grandmothers underwear, but locking me, for something like saying, dumbass or dunderhead to some blockhead. Pffh, these people, no word ever, has been imagined for their dumb behaviour...

(Me, drunken, but me and today)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I can't think what came over me. I'm really sorry and ashamed, for that s#it above.

Sometimes, I'm areally dumb person...
edit on 4Fri, 31 Jan 2014 04:09:54 -0600America/Chicago130America/ChicagoFri, 31 Jan 2014 04:09:54 -0600fam04 by Grenzerfahrung because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Grenzerfahrung
I can't think what came over me. I'm really sorry and ashamed, for that s#it above.

Sometimes, I'm areally dumb person...
edit on 4Fri, 31 Jan 2014 04:09:54 -0600America/Chicago130America/ChicagoFri, 31 Jan 2014 04:09:54 -0600fam04 by Grenzerfahrung because: (no reason given)

Oh geez, that was nothing! We all have our 'dumb person' moments, lol!
Now...give me a cool quote and we'll see if we can revive this thread, Grenzer!!
jacygirl

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Grenzerfahrung
reply to post by brandiwine14

I went into a McDonald's yesterday and said, 'I'd like some fries.' The girl at the counter said, 'Would you like some fries with that?'
Jay Leno

On being monotone.

The quiet rhythmic monotone of the wall of logs fills one with the rustic peace of a secluded nook in the woods.
- Gustav Stickley

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

' i party my way through life, it's what i like to do. i'm even partying right now, only i'm doing it on my back. booze is definitely good for your voice, it greases the whistle'

(Shane Mc Gowan)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
passion, passion,

set me on fire,
let me into,
that true desire,

passion, passion, passion,

without it,
I do not feel alive,
without it,
it's a senseless life