It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reply by using a quote!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Grenzerfahrung

'Margaret Mead's work may properly be damned with the harshest scientific criticism of all, that it is 'not even wrong'. — Martin Orans

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I do not agree with Margaret or anybody in every point because, my point of view is unique!

Grenzerfahrung

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.
Margaret Mead

PS: I liked the older smilies better.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. — Harlan Ellison

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Bull$hit i bet you could suck a golfball through a garden hose!

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman

(Just kidding)
edit on 8Mon, 13 Jan 2014 08:01:39 -0600America/Chicago112America/ChicagoMon, 13 Jan 2014 08:01:39 -0600fam08 by Grenzerfahrung because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
"You are a child of the universe...no less than the trees and the stars...you have a right to be here..."
(Age of Aquarius...The Fifth Dimension)

jacygirl

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
In a time where there is not war, a true warrior will turn upon himself.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Tylerdurden1

War is just when it is necessary; arms are permissible when there is no hope except in arms.
Niccolo Machiavelli

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

~Mark Twain~
edit on 13-1-2014 by mwood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

People don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed.

Friedrich Nietzsche
edit on 12Mon, 13 Jan 2014 12:42:22 -0600America/Chicago112America/ChicagoMon, 13 Jan 2014 12:42:22 -0600fpm12 by Grenzerfahrung because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Grenzerfahrung
reply to post by mwood

People don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed.

Friedrich Nietzsche
edit on 12Mon, 13 Jan 2014 12:42:22 -0600America/Chicago112America/ChicagoMon, 13 Jan 2014 12:42:22 -0600fpm12 by Grenzerfahrung because: (no reason given)

"You can't handle the truth!" (A Few Good Men)

jacygirl

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.
Marcus Aurelius

edit on 13Mon, 13 Jan 2014 13:36:51 -0600America/Chicago112America/ChicagoMon, 13 Jan 2014 13:36:51 -0600fpm01 by Grenzerfahrung because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Morpheus: What is real? How do you define 'real'? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain. (The Matrix)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Observe constantly that all things take place by change, and accustom thyself to consider that the nature of the Universe loves nothing so much as to change the things which are, and to make new things like them.
Marcus Aurelius

Morpheus: What is real? How do you define 'real'? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain. (The Matrix)

By the way, this is my German profile on a similiar site to ATS. I've tried to hide things there, make them hard to find, like it's hard to find the hidden secrets of life, to find another reality in fact.
edit on 14Mon, 13 Jan 2014 14:04:12 -0600America/Chicago112America/ChicagoMon, 13 Jan 2014 14:04:12 -0600fpm02 by Grenzerfahrung because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Now I will quote myself:

Considering that with an increasing understanding of the human nature, the ability to deal with people is getting better, it wanes the need for it also. This to the same extent as the ability to it grows. That's what I call a real dilemma!

Grenzerfahrung (2014)

In case I did grammar mistakes, feel free to correct me please, because I'm not sure about that

edit on 6Tue, 14 Jan 2014 06:21:12 -0600America/Chicago113America/ChicagoTue, 14 Jan 2014 06:21:12 -0600fam06 by Grenzerfahrung because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Hello again!
I checked out your profile on the German site and laughed when I saw the Matrix quote! You have obviously spent a lot of time on that page....it kind of confused me, but I haven't had enough coffee yet!

As for your own quote....don't worry about grammar with me lol, I'm not going to criticize!

I'm not sure that understanding human nature is as important as understanding the individual....so I guess my quote (in response) would be: "Never judge another until you have walked a mile in his shoes."
(Your turn now, lol)

jacygirl

edit on 14-1-2014 by jacygirl because: need more coffee

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Well it might not be as obvious as you think it is. I mean that I obviously spent a lot of time on that page. Of course I did but not in order to create the profile like, it looks now. This in fact is a more easy task, in case you know a bit about HTML, stylesheets and so on.

What follows is a "quote" of the HTML code I've used for creating my profile there. So in case you put this code on a side which is accepting HTML, the profile you've seen will suddenly appear. It's somehow magic. Isn't it?: P Only difference would be the missed animated Matrix background picture, but as I said, it's relatively easy to create such a profile and therefore I regret a bit, that it isn't possible here on ATS to edit the profile by using HTML... But I'm fine with it anyway.

Well, here the code is coming:

>
.er none;]
._links a none;]
.mcell2 none;]
.mcell_inhalt2 none;]
.mcell_status none;]
.mcell_inhalt none;]
.profile_links none;]
.profile_infonone;]
.mcell_inhalt3none;]
object, iframe [visibility: hidden;]
.bildfade:hover[
opacity: 1;
]
/* Start www.cursors-4u.com... */ body, a:hover [cursor: url(cur.cursors-4u.net...), url(cur.cursors-4u.net...), progress !important;] /* End www.cursors-4u.com... */
.gb_post, .bildfade[
opacity: 0.1;
transition: opacity .5s ease-out;
-moz-transition: opacity .5s ease-out;
-webkit-transition: opacity .5s ease-out;
-o-transition: opacity .5s ease-out;
]
.gb_post:hover, .bildfade:hover[
opacity: 1;
]
object, iframe[ opacity: 0.2;
transition: opacity .5s ease-out;
-moz-transition: opacity .5s ease-out;
-webkit-transition: opacity .5s ease-out;
-o-transition: opacity .5s ease-out;]

object:hover, iframe:hover [opacity:1;]

There you are $mbesucher! The blue or the red one? Make a choice!

"http://static.allmystery.de/upics/ed81f8_Picasso.png" class="bildfade" align="right"> "http://rk.revolvermaps.com/f/g.swf" class="bildfade" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" class="bildfade" quality="high" wmode="window" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all" width="220" height="220" flashvars="m=7&i=agpsmeewkpl&r=false&v=true&b=000000&n=false&s=220&c=ff0000"> "http://jk.revolvermaps.com/c/agpsmeewkpl.gif" class="bildfade" width="1" height="1" alt="" />
"http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r622/tartagliadanny/fondo---matrix.gif" class="bildfade">

align="left" "//static.allmystery.de/upics/4a9658_matrix-red-pill.jpg" class="bildfade" align="left" >

"http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzpvdbOgkl1qip8f5.gif" class="bildfade">

"http://1.2.3.11/bmi/www.allmystery.de/i/t4b115b_220px-Yin_yang.svg.png" class="bildfade">

"http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr172/danzmakina/matrixshow4.gif
" class="bildfade">

"http://media1.giphy.com/media/zXmbOaTpbY6mA/giphy.gif"class="bildfade">

"http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt265/bhode18/MATRIX_GIF.gif"class="bildfade">

"https://24.media.tumblr.com/90cb6316f80a40d433dca3129d679937/tumblr_mxppxhMqV91sxqh33o1_500.gif"class="bildfade">

To come back to the origin of the topic also:

"Never judge another until you have walked a mile in his shoes."
(Your turn now, lol)

I do not judge anybody, it's more about learning the rules of which human behaviour depends on. So here is my reply to you:

Edit: As I'm able to see now, the code is partly accepted here too, so some parts are disappearing into ATS, like the code for doing a word-wrap for example. All you see is free space instead but not the code itself. Anyway...

edit on 8Tue, 14 Jan 2014 08:39:40 -0600America/Chicago113America/ChicagoTue, 14 Jan 2014 08:39:40 -0600fam08 by Grenzerfahrung because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Sadly I don't know much about HTML, but I appreciate you taking the time to show me!

I do however like this thread....replying to quotes with quotes, lol...so in response to your last quote....I say:

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
Robert A. Heinlein

jacygirl

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Bigburgh

InTheLight
A reminder to those with power in government -

So Willy, let me and you be wipers
Of scores out with all men - especially pipers:
And, whether they pipe us free from rats or from mice,
If we've promised them aught, let us keep our promise.

From "The Pied Piper of Hamelin" by Robert Browing.

OK I'll try a sheldonism on this too.

" Oh no. A Godzilla like monster is approaching the city! I have to get my people to safety." "People of Sheldonopolis, this is your mayor. Follow me. If the children can't run, leave them behind!" " Oh the simulated horror!"
Sheldon cooper...or writers of BBT...Bazinga!

As we have and will always witness throughout time:

“No government power can be abused long. Mankind will not bear it. There is a remedy in human nature against tyranny, that will keep us safe under every form of government.”
by Samuel Johnson (English poet)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

“No government power can be abused long. Mankind will not bear it. There is a remedy in human nature against tyranny, that will keep us safe under every form of government.” by Samuel Johnson (English poet)
reply to post by InTheLight

All governments have always let the people down, all of the time.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

ColeYounger

“No government power can be abused long. Mankind will not bear it. There is a remedy in human nature against tyranny, that will keep us safe under every form of government.” by Samuel Johnson (English poet)
reply to post by InTheLight

All governments have always let the people down, all of the time.

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.”
― James Bovard (Libertarian author)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join