It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let’s say that I am a business. Why should I care for your family?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by steaming

Most big businesses start out small with the owner working in the company. He or she often puts in longer hours than most of the employees, returns most of the profits back to the company to grow it rather than taking out a bunch to live on. Once that business starts to succeed and turn a healthy profit, why is that employer not entitled to enjoy the fruits of all those years of self-sacrifice putting the business first by taking a healthy share of the profits?

Why do the employees who have not been there since the ground floor deserve a healthy give and take when they only signed on later, work clearly defined hours, not what's necessary, and may or may not be there tomorrow even if they had what you might call a healthy give or take?

Why are they entitled? They didn't do nearly as much of the work.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Figure it out, if the newly required employee is treated like a dog, then why should he or she take real care about the goods or items they are handling.......I know all about the way in which One individual can find a progressive way in which to start his or own company / business, if I don't know now then at present age of 67 I might as well forget such. But first one should kick off witha project, if that fails, fine, move on to project 2 or 3,o4 untill the correct tempo is reached. Then company starts to expand, and further assistance is reuired. Employer should then be free to perhaps attend further meeetings where new contracts are drawn-up. Jeez, if he or she still decides to treat new assistants cum employees like dirt, then he or she is adding mere hurdles to his or her future intentions, which may then give reasons for unions to become involved and failure is on the brink of possible expansion. You go your way, i'll go mine, well see who hits the jackpot first, oh and by the way, "Happy New Year"

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

steaming
reply to post by ketsuko

Figure it out, if the newly required employee is treated like a dog, then why should he or she take real care about the goods or items they are handling.......I know all about the way in which One individual can find a progressive way in which to start his or own company / business, if I don't know now then at present age of 67 I might as well forget such. But first one should kick off witha project, if that fails, fine, move on to project 2 or 3,o4 untill the correct tempo is reached. Then company starts to expand, and further assistance is reuired. Employer should then be free to perhaps attend further meeetings where new contracts are drawn-up. Jeez, if he or she still decides to treat new assistants cum employees like dirt, then he or she is adding mere hurdles to his or her future intentions, which may then give reasons for unions to become involved and failure is on the brink of possible expansion. You go your way, i'll go mine, well see who hits the jackpot first, oh and by the way, "Happy New Year"

I think that we all agree here that employess should be treated as a valued commodity. Remember the stories about those who were in the Home Depot starting years and stayed with the company? They all pretty much retired quite wealthy.

The thing that gets me is all the rules, regulations and laws that are constraining new and small businesses. They have them at city, county, state and federal levels. How can you be a nice guy to your employees when you are being strangled as well?

It would take a investing a lottery winning ticket to treat employees the way they should be nowadays, if they are good people.

I wanted to start my own business, but after research and the mounds of paperwork required...I just can't see it anymore.
edit on 12-1-2014 by TDawgRex because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

thedeadtruth
reply to post by Xtrozero

" They blamed this on industry "evil rich" and not the scam job they got in school. "

Yes. Lots of academics out there willing to sell a pipe dream, just to keep lecturing and stay employed.

The problem is some kid spends years, many well past four, getting a degree that puts them in debt 40K+ living that college life with expectations that a 100k job is sitting there waiting on them. They get out and find that they have about enough skill to work at Burger King with a degree that doesn't line up with any job or career.

They then turn into the 99%er blaming their troubles on everything but their school and themselves. I live a good life, but I spent 30 years building my skills and education to get past 100k, so I think that is a missing piece here, that today, people do not seem to understand that it takes decades of work to get ahead in life, sorry to say....

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

pheonix358
reply to post by TDawgRex

Take a trip down memory lane or do some research.

In the 1950s, in general terms, people expected a good wage for a good weeks work. The boss made his weeks wages and a profit above that that he would put back into the business or in his pocket. Everybody was happy.

Now, the boss wants to make a million dollars and he wants it yesterday. # the workers, who cares. The workers see the attitude for what it is and think # the boss, I'll do the minimum I can get away with.

Then you see all the jobs getting sent to china and you wail and cry about the unfairness of it all, but, you still buy the stuff from china.

Perhaps a little self development is in order. Is it the bosses fault or would the majority throw their co workers under the buss for life on easy street. Is it the bosses or is it everyone. Are you the exception, or part of the problem.

P

Excellent thoughts!

The capitalistic system is seriously broken, as it is driven by stock markets rather than efficient servicing of customers.

The decline of industrial america is a story of greed and corruption.

USA needs a lot of fixing. Money printing wont fix the problems. The entire system of remuneration from top to bottom needs revisiting, in addition to much needed reduction in taxes along with removal of loopholes that makes most profitable companies pay little taxes.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join