It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ruins discovered deep in jungle may unravel centuries-old archaeological mysteries

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Ruins discovered deep in jungle may unravel centuries-old archaeological mysteries

In an adventure straight out of an Indiana Jones movie, a structure 8,500ft above sea level in a dense cloud forest on the eastern flanks of the Andes has been unearthed

Explorers have discovered ruins deep in a perilous South American mountain jungle that may unravel centuries-old archaeological mysteries – and reveal a fabulous hoard of Inca royal treasure. In an adventure straight out of an Indiana Jones movie, a 260ft tall by 260ft wide structure 8,500ft above sea level in a dense cloud forest on the eastern flanks of the Andes in Ecuador has been unearthed by the multinational group.

Their initial theory suggests it could contain the Treasure of the Llanganatis, a huge quantity of gold and other riches supposedly hidden in the early 16th century by Inca general Ruminahui to keep it from the forces of Spanish conquistadors. Legend says the general took the hoard up into the Llanganatis mountains and hid it in a cave or threw it into a lake.

I thought I'd pop in and post this interesting recent find. The Jungle seems to be giving up it's secrets more and more these days. Who knows what else they will eventually find. I thought this was worthy of it's own thread. If this pans out there may be more than just Gold being found but Ancient artwork of sophisticated designs.

When the Spanish stole and melted down all the Inca Gold they were not just stealing a valuable metal but destroying in many cases Ancient Gold artifacts.

This has the potential to turn out to be a real Amazing discovery

Stay tuned.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Interesting indeed, another door opens to the mysteries of history.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I think this is the same site isn't it?
City of Giants....

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I'm glad that you are back with another thought provoking thread Slayer. I missed them. Yours and my mind think a lot alike, but I would say that yours is more dedicated when it comes to looking for the stories. I think I gloss over things when I do my searches.

But, because of you, my father and I had at least an hour long conversation over the phone about the Byzantine Empire.

You have my utmost gratitude.

BTW...Great thread!

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I have a hard time imagining people doing heavy stone work at 8,500 feet...

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

Thanks for the link, unlike those links provided in the thread this is focused on less fringe and more fact based history. However having said that, I'm as open minded as the next person. We'll just have to wait and see what they uncover. Whether "Giants" or a Golden hoard stashed from the Spanish.

Either way it should be a fascinating story to watch unfold.

edit on 11-1-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I most defiantly agree. I seems from what I have found on it that it is a massive structure and I tend to agree it is man made....I really am stunned by it. The other site that fascinates me is in Africa and estimated by some to be 200k year old city.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Wow, Slayer; you've done it again! I love it whenever you have a new thread! I feel like I'm looking int a fantasy world with each ancient site you write about.

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I think many of us think the same things as these discoveries are made. There are some very real, documented hoards and items of enormous value ...missing from history. Just..gone and hidden away somewhere. As the places to find get fewer in number, the odds of hitting one or more of what logic says likely still exist, get better.

Here is hoping ..just maybe..there is gold in that structure somewhere! (cultural and historic, if not literal)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Which mysteries will this find solve? The rumors or something else?

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Whats up slayer, as u know I have read many of your threads and always have enjoyed them, What I wonder is despite all these ancient finds that we continue to find and that are made public, what are they keeping secret? And Is there a "they" when it comes to archeology?
edit on Sun20142014-01-12T05:06:17-06:00th2014-01-12T05:06:17-06:00000000Sun, 12 Jan 2014 05:06:17 -0600Sunday20142014-01-12T05:06:17-06:00 by DocScurlock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I am intrigued by the joints. They say it looks like mortar, but may be vitrification. Then go on to say that there are other vitrified ruins in the Latin American area.

That is interesting. I was unaware of any vitrification in the area. Does anyone know anything about this?

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Hi Slayer.
Have you gone through the discussion in the other post on the same subject? where the owner of the www.Earth4All.net website where the 'discovery' was first 'reported'?
The Mirror of course has filtered all the Annunaki , gold nonsense.
Read the website 1st and then please tell me, whether the discovery can be taken at face value when there has not been a single academic expedition ort excavations in the area , on the subject 'structure"?

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DocScurlock

I don't know if there really is a 'They' as much as there are paradigms to protect. Who knows, maybe someday they'll open a cave, crypt, tomb and find some Ancient relic that blows the roof of what we have believed about human origins/history.

Stay tuned.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I like your new Miley Cyrus avatar!

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Very interesting. Thanks for the heads up. Nice find.

Could be a very large site since there are other similar sized mounds near by. I am struck by the fact that in the pic shown and other pics on the other links, there does not seem to be a stepped pyramid there. It seems to be more flat sided like an egyptian pyramid. As near as I can determine The Incas did not always have stepped pryamids. I find the use of some kind of motar interesting as I thought that the Inca didn't use mortar. Perhaps these weren't built by the Inca, but by some earlier people,Thus the use of motar in construction.

If the legend should be true, I would hope for written records to be found there. Perhaps we could learn more about the Incas as a people. The gold is all well and good, nice to find artifacts and art. Pretty to look at. Attracts looters who destroy more important evidence to get at the gold. I always thought that gold was the bain of mankind. Hopefully this find can be protected before more looters destroy the important evidence the site may hold.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

At some point, I believe they are going to uncover either something that proves
once and for all. That there was a world previous to the this one we know. Or
there will simply be enough unknowns to history discovered. That the only way
to explain their presence will be to belie them to a previous world. A world that
was destroyed or it simply would be part of this world.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Lazarus Short
I have a hard time imagining people doing heavy stone work at 8,500 feet...

Like much of American History, little is told of the Indians who helped us.......and that owned our land before we took it...

St Louis Gateway Arch

There is next to nothing here about the Indians that were brought in to finish the very top of the arch. People who were used to working in such altitudes.

If you've ever been to Denver...or to slightly higher elevations (of which there are MUCH high elevations around Denver), you'll see that working in such an elevation is not only quite possible...but entirely doable.....

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zeroBelief

Actually, I've worked in concrete with my brother at about 8000 feet, and it was (one of) the hardest day's work I ever did. Maybe because I am older and my lung capacity isn't what it was then, but I marvel. I suppose, on thinking some more, that the builders probably grew up at such elevations, and were accustomed to it.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Lazarus Short
reply to post by zeroBelief

Actually, I've worked in concrete with my brother at about 8000 feet, and it was (one of) the hardest day's work I ever did. Maybe because I am older and my lung capacity isn't what it was then, but I marvel. I suppose, on thinking some more, that the builders probably grew up at such elevations, and were accustomed to it.

Yepp, just like someone raised in Denver, or higher in elevation.,.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join