It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Staples cuts hours for part time employees

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

*sigh* Of course not, you can just add all the things all insurance policies were now mandated to cover in every package, cover all pre-existing conditions (including all people who suddenly discovered a costly illness that very day), force them to operate on an 80/20 business model, and add in a bunch of new oversight from the feds without any changes to anything ...

All of this was done via heavy regulation and mandate from the law and federal government which might as well be running your insurance companies for all that you see their logo on your letter head. It's called fascism. Look it up.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

You may want to do a little research into your statement. Nothing in the ACA raised the price of insurance the insurance companies did that on their own. So Romney who owns Staples is cutting hours to save a few bucks what a shock.

The insurance policies are all based on the minimum standards provided by the PPACA.

The policy costs are partly based on peoples age and whether or not they smoke cigarettes.

From there, the costs are based largely on what the medical costs actually are/will be from the "providers" and some are "negotiated".

Insurance companies are also operating on narrow margins.

Yes they make big money and yes they are somehow guaranteed a profit from provisions inside the PPACA by law.

But I think they are pressing the "market prices" of policies to the hilt.

And I think many policies still have limits on certain coverage that they won't pay for.

I don't think Romney still "owns" Staples does he?

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join